April recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

April recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure I’ve seen her posted here before.

Brihanna Crittendon is a 6’2” rising Sophomore from Colorado. Followed by Coach Valley; follows Coach Valley, a few of the players and the team page. Arguably the #1 player in her class. Being heavily recruited by Pac 12 schools (as expected).

She’s participated at USA JNT Minicamp this weekend with some other POIs. Definitely one to keep an eye out on.

Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not sure I’ve seen her posted here before.

Brihanna Crittendon is a 6’2” rising Sophomore from Colorado. Followed by Coach Valley; follows Coach Valley, a few of the players and the team page. Arguably the #1 player in her class. Being heavily recruited by Pac 12 schools (as expected).

She’s participated at USA JNT Minicamp this weekend with some other POIs. Definitely one to keep an eye out on.

Crittendon is a 2026, part of a stacked class with Vukosa, Green, Jackson, Cosgriff, Abbi, and Ragone among others.

Reaction Score
cant wait to see what little birdies are tweeting to join genos nest :)
I love your post, but I’d use ”pups”, and “doghouse/kennel”, just because of the Husky mascot. South Carolina and Dawn Staley use the terms “birdies” and “nest”, because their mascot is a “gamecock”.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This young lady is a baller!! She is high on UCLA's radar. Pretty much any team out West is after this talented young lady.

So is South Carolina, and of course UConn is in on her hard.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Max Preps' All-American Teams.

KK Arnold is on the 3rd team. Allie Ziebel is an honorable mention.

Jaloni Cambridge, Kennedy Smith, and Joyce Edwards are on the 2nd team.

Sarah Strong a 3rd team member.

Dee Alexander, Jasmine Davidson, ZaKiyah Johnson, and Kayleigh Heckel join Ziebell as honorable mentions.

Reaction Score
Jocyte signed a 3-yr contract to play for Tony Parker’s team, Lyon ASVEL, in 2019 as a “youth league” player, which gives her the opportunity to still play college basketball in the US, if she so chooses. Jocyte would be an amazing addition to UConn. But the question has always been whether she would go directly to the pros.

She has US citizenship and would be free to cash in on NIL deals. That's the reason I give her coming to Storrs any shot. UConn has traditionally been a stepping stone to the WNBA, which is the ultimate goal for most, even Euros.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Allie Ziebel leads local affiliate's all-area basketball team.

Allie Ziebell, Jr., Neenah: 25.5 ppg., 8.6 rpg., 4.5 apg. 3-point shooting: 99-209 (47%); 15 points or more in every game. Committed to UConn. Honestly, Ziebell could score from anywhere, but she decided this season to concentrate on her all-around game and it worked. Ziebell was a willing passer and rebounder, and she was named to the FVA's all-defensive team.

Reaction Score

Allie Ziebell, Jr., Neenah: 25.5 ppg., 8.6 rpg., 4.5 apg. 3-point shooting: 99-209 (11%); 15 points or more in every game. Committed to UConn. Honestly, Ziebell could score from anywhere, but she decided this season to concentrate on her all-around game and it worked. Ziebell was a willing passer and rebounder, and she was named to the FVA's all-defensive team.

This guy's worse than me at math. I get 47%.

Reaction Score
What happens if we have more pocket commits than roster spots? I know that's unlikely, but in theory Aaliyah and Nika both have a COVID year available after next season, and Paige and Aubrey have both COVID and red shirt years. Potentially all 4 of them could leave at the end of 2024-25, which would also be Azzi, Caroline and Amari's senior year. I don't think we've ever lost 7 players at once (and I doubt it will happen), but it would be hard to get new recruits to commit if all those able decided to take advantage of full eligibility.

On the other hand, if we stay healthy we'd be a pretty amazing team for the next 2 years.
Because of NIL restrictions, it is doubtful that any foreign players will take the extra year. Paige and Aubrey, however, are very much in play, particularly after the decisions made this year.

Reaction Score

Allie Ziebell, Jr., Neenah: 25.5 ppg., 8.6 rpg., 4.5 apg. 3-point shooting: 99-209 (11%); 15 points or more in every game. Committed to UConn. Honestly, Ziebell could score from anywhere, but she decided this season to concentrate on her all-around game and it worked. Ziebell was a willing passer and rebounder, and she was named to the FVA's all-defensive team.

Something that pops out at me from that is all-defensive team! We know she can shoot, but this acknowledgement of her defense is very encouraging.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Something that pops out at me from that is all-defensive team! We know she can shoot, but this acknowledgement of her defense is very encouraging.
That’s a good thing. Allie probably won’t be accused of not being able to “guard a chair” once she gets to Storrs…..:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I don’t get where the 11% comes from but apparently Allie shoots forty seven percent on threes! Nuff said!:)
Said the same thing.. Checked original article.. Here's a screenshot .. It did have it correctly printed..
Screenshot_20230405_080418_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Reaction Score
What about Justy Jocyte?
She is a game changer. If she attended HS in the US she probably would be ranked #1. A bigger stronger Caitlyn Clark. I like Strong but he does need a true athletic big so he may be has a player oversees in mind. I also think there are two post players coming up that live in New York so keep an eye on them.

Reaction Score
She has US citizenship and would be free to cash in on NIL deals. That's the reason I give her coming to Storrs any shot. UConn has traditionally been a stepping stone to the WNBA, which is the ultimate goal for most, even Euros.
The only player from Europe to get a deal will make more money than anyone else and way more than playing professionally in europe

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno encouraged Allie to work on her all around game. He knows she can shoot, but at UConn, you have to learn to do everything. I give this young girl credit for doing that, when she just as easily could have just gone on and continued with her current game. Definitely UConn material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom