April recruiting thread | The Boneyard

April recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we know where Koval is at with her decision? I know she has pretty much every major school to choose from.

Reaction Score
Does UConn have any 6 ft 5 inch or above players coming in next this fall? of next year.

Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don’t know how recent it happened, but Morgan Valley is following (Twitter) the player from Kansas that I mentioned last week, 6’6” Taiyanna Jackson.

Just won the WNIT today.

Think it's been a while.

This article from Saturday suggests she's coming back to Kansas.

With one year remaining and goals worthy of the Kansas basketball standard, Jackson stands poised to be an even bigger star next season.

Schneider said he expects Jackson, along with senior guards Zakiyah Franklin and Holly Kersgieter, to return for the 2023-24 season, and it was clear from the light in his eyes when he said that that he’s looking forward to another run with this team and another season of the Twin Show.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
4/1

Lu-Hi lost after leading by 16 in the Geico Nationals Final.

Kayleigh Heckel: 17 points

Kate Koval: 8 points, 3 rebounds

There must be some really, really good girl basketball players in the United States if there are 49 players better than Heckel.

Reaction Score
There must be some really, really good girl basketball players in the United States if there are 49 players better than Heckel.
Agree...
There were a lot of really good players on both teams in this game alone..
A couple of very good, tall ones for Montverde..

Reaction Score
Think it's been a while.

This article from Saturday suggests she's coming back to Kansas.

With one year remaining and goals worthy of the Kansas basketball standard, Jackson stands poised to be an even bigger star next season.

Schneider said he expects Jackson, along with senior guards Zakiyah Franklin and Holly Kersgieter, to return for the 2023-24 season, and it was clear from the light in his eyes when he said that that he’s looking forward to another run with this team and another season of the Twin Show.

I was afraid this was the case. She’d have been a perfect addition.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There seems to be alot of questions on getting a player over 6'5. We have Amari who Im hoping for, Jana 6'4, Ice and Aaliyah 6'3. They are skilled and top recruits. Looking at Hoopgurlz for the next couple of years there doesnt seem to be any top 5 recruits over 6'5. There is however Oliva Vukosa from CTK 6'4 in the HS class of 2026. She has visited UConn and she likes Tina Charles. Those two combinations make be believe that UConn leads for her. There is also a girl I believe she is 16 who is 6'6 ? from Portugal who I heard UConn is looking at. The furture looks promising.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don’t know how recent it happened, but Morgan Valley is following (Twitter) the player from Kansas that I mentioned last week, 6’6” Taiyanna Jackson.

Just won the WNIT today.

After watching the KU - Columbia game yesterday, I was impressed with Jackson, who clearly was the difference maker against the smaller Columbia team. At 6’6”, Jackson is very similar to Cardoso at SC. She works hard to establish position in the low post, vacuums up rebounds and scores mostly in the paint, shooting at 66% for the season. I also think that Jackson is more mobile than Cardoso and she is better rim protector, having swatted away over 100 shots this season.

While it certainly appears that Jackson is leaning towards coming back at KU, she would certainly benefit from a year of “finishing school” at UConn, if she’s interested in playing in the W.

Reaction Score

ESPN's rankings have been updated twice in the past year. In May and in mid October. If we follow the same logic for this year, the 2024 class should go from 60 prospects to 100 in May. Last year we saw some spectacular jumps and obviously there will be new arrivals. I think Kayleigh Heckel could be the one to make the most spectacular jump in the 2024 class. It seems obvious that she is even better in big moments, in the final of the Tournament of Champions in Phoenix she was chosen MVP and in the final of the Geico Nationals she scored 17 points. In Shane Laflin's January article, 15 Women's college basketball recruits to know in high school, I also believe that the other players listed should also make a jump up.

Translated with DeepL

Reaction Score
There seems to be alot of questions on getting a player over 6'5. We have Amari who Im hoping for, Jana 6'4, Ice and Aaliyah 6'3. They are skilled and top recruits. Looking at Hoopgurlz for the next couple of years there doesnt seem to be any top 5 recruits over 6'5. There is however Oliva Vukosa from CTK 6'4 in the HS class of 2026. She has visited UConn and she likes Tina Charles. Those two combinations make be believe that UConn leads for her. There is also a girl I believe she is 16 who is 6'6 ? from Portugal who I heard UConn is looking at. The furture looks promising.
Olivia Vukosa should be the Huskies long term target. She’s closer to Stewie than any other recruit since the og left UConn.

Reaction Score

Just won the WNIT today.

Potentially huge if she enters the portal. Great player on a team that is probably not a true contender for NCAA championship, but could be if she went you know where. Seems to check all the boxes of very high level, proven, experienced with true size, plug and play ready to go. I believe she would not be a one year rental, however, so the recruiting over existing or potential recruits is more for her than a one year temporary fix.

I suspect following is likely a way to show potential interest without tampering but this will be very interesting to follow.

Reaction Score
Sorry I didn't see Husky Nan's post before I responded, and I didn't realize she was a senior because she had only played two years at Kansas. Don't know if she came from NAIA or junior college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom