April Recruiting Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

April Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I Googled Morgan Cheli recruiting and the first thing I see is her Twitter saying she's committed to Seattle U. If legit she passed on a Stanford offer in her backyard. I wonder how that happened.
Portland Timbers Sport GIF by Timbers

Reaction Score
Does Sahara Williams compare to Mir McLean?

Similar size, compete level, rebounding prowess, defensive aptitude. Neither appears especially skilled beyond layup conversions. Wonder if Sahara is Mir-level athlete?
You should watch more of Williams. IMO, there's no comparison at the HS level. McLean had no offensive fundamentals coming in, and still has limited. The presence in the '23 class of Shade and Arnold might keep Williams away from UConn but somebody is going to get a gem.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I mean Seattle U. lost to Utah Valley and UTRGV whatever that is. That choice doesn't make sense for academics does it? Can it possibly be for BB?
Cheli retweeted her friend’s (Noemie Bariteau) commitment to Seattle University.

SMH.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I mean Seattle U. lost to Utah Valley and UTRGV whatever that is. That choice doesn't make sense for academics does it? Can it possibly be for BB?

Cheli hasn't committed anywhere. I see what you see, but there's either a technical glitch, or that is a post about someone else re-tweeted by Cheli.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You should watch more of Williams. IMO, there's no comparison at the HS level. McLean had no offensive fundamentals coming in, and still has limited. The presence in the '23 class of Shade and Arnold might keep Williams away from UConn but somebody is going to get a gem.

I can't see any reason Shade's presence would bother Williams. Shade's a guard/wing where as Williams is a small forward. No conflict there, imo.

Reaction Score
Cheli hasn't committed anywhere. I see what you see, but there's either a technical glitch, or that is a post about someone else re-tweeted by Cheli.
she' the prototypical Stanford recruit..........don't think she's coming East......

Reaction Score
I can't see any reason Shade's presence would bother Williams. Shade's a guard/wing where as Williams is a small forward. No conflict there, imo.
Williams starts from day one for just about anyone............she's a guaranteed twenty plus a game scorer.......

Reaction Score
Thx for insight, BobbyJ. Only exposure to SW from posted clips, which prompted my comp query.

Love the player. Only concern is height. Seems game moving toward long wings at highest level. Realize Gabby was same 5’11” size & height isn’t everything. But being sub-6’ requires incredible athleticism, hunger, and/or instinct to flourish when ceding several inches to elite positional opponent on frontline, even SF.

Reaction Score
OK. As you can tell I don't do twitter and that's all I saw. Actually makes more sense for a kid this good.

Reaction Score
… Shane Laflin just said there is big interest in Adhel Tac, 6-5 sophomore from Texas, and that "talk" is she might be the best big in the class.
Via MaxPreps:
Adhel Tac, South Grand Prairie (Grand Prairie, Texas) 6-5 | Center | Uncommitted
HuskyNan— Is this the under-the-radar 2023 center recruit Daniel Connolly apparently discussed in his firewalled Substack piece link you just posted, #499? If not, who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom