Morgan Tuck- Uconn
Samantha Logic- Iowa
Brittany Boyd- California
Aja Wilson- South Carolina
Reshanda Gray- California

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Its veryyyyy rare on VolNation honestly.
Um, we're not supposed to drag stuff from VN over here, but I assume you are joking, right? So that this won't be deleted for being too specific, but there could be three threads raging on an orangey place that might possibly mention a weird fantasy of beating UConn, the usual tpfwhl-waddle about how horrible UConn's conference and schedule is, and why certain evil forces want to assign UTenn to UConn's region. UConn is a constant reference in a number of other threads, and of course last month the South Carolina and UConn game was worth a lot of spittle. Again, I'm not dragging anything over here, just saying its a possibility that all this could be happening at this moment on the VN.

But I do know that it is only UConn fans on the BY that have an unhealthy obsession with Tennessee.

Reaction Score
I will be disappointed if KML is not on the first team. SHE DESERVES IT!
I'd venture to say that if there was to be a second Huskie on the first team, I'd make it Moriah. She's the engine of this team and her stellar play has made everyone around her better, including KML.

Reaction Score
Guess I'll give it a shot.

1st team

Zahui B
Stewart
Powers (Mich State)
Loyd
Jefferson

2nd Team

EW
KML
Nina Davis
Mitchell (south carolina)
Plum

3rd Team
Hamby (wake forest)
Mitchell (ohio state)
Tuck
Boyd
Logic
Good job! I agree that Moriah deserves 1st team recognition and I like that you were able to get Tuck on your third team. Well done!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Hey, welcome back.
OMG, I can't believe I'm saying this -- I missed you.
(Your strategy worked - well played.)

Finally received a diagnoses: Multiple Sclerosis. I start high level IV steroid therapy today and I hope that it alleviates the pressure in the optic nerves and brings me some relief. Not sure what treatment I can get for the associated fatigue, which has been massive and causing me to sleep 20 hours a day. BUT, if I sit close enough to the TV I can see the games, so that 's good news.

Good luck in the rest of your tourney run. I cannot imagine UCONN losing to anyone outside the WNBA.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Here is what it should be:

Breanna Stewart POY
KML
MoJeff
Tiffany Mitchell
Jewel Loyd

Elizabeth Williams
Nina Gray
Courtney Williams
Reshanda Gray
Morgan Tuck

Kiah Stokes
Kelsey Plum
Brianna Turner
Amanda Zahui
Kia Nurse

No love for Nina Davis or Niya Johnson?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Finally received a diagnoses: Multiple Sclerosis. I start high level IV steroid therapy today and I hope that it alleviates the pressure in the optic nerves and brings me some relief. Not sure what treatment I can get for the associated fatigue, which has been massive and causing me to sleep 20 hours a day. BUT, if I sit close enough to the TV I can see the games, so that 's good news.

Good luck in the rest of your tourney run. I cannot imagine UCONN losing to anyone outside the WNBA.

Goodness, ETT, so sorry to hear of your health issues. I'll send positive thoughts and energy your way.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No love for Nina Davis or Niya Johnson?
Welcome back ETT. You were definitely missed. Good luck in you fight with MS. Much Love here for Nina Davis. Niya is quitely having a very stellar season but I don't see her in the All-American discussions.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm not as aware of players across the nation as your fanbase is (has something to do with having to grade so many darn papers, but do I have to ask if Tonyc has a name glitch in his second team? If not, then. . . . Nina Davis please, based on numbers and POY in Big 12.

(I am hoping this is a foolishly unnecessary post)
To answer your question, Tony is known to have a tuff time with spelling and such. ;)

JS

Reaction Score
Finally received a diagnoses: Multiple Sclerosis. I start high level IV steroid therapy today and I hope that it alleviates the pressure in the optic nerves and brings me some relief. Not sure what treatment I can get for the associated fatigue, which has been massive and causing me to sleep 20 hours a day.
Welcome back. I know what eye problems are like. I've got something that causes night blindness and loss of peripheral.

Which leads to two dog stories.

• Still driving at night but only when necessary. Milford Husky was my guide dog on a trip to Harbor Yard last fall for the USA team game. I'm now a nearly pure big-screen TV UConn fan -- the kind Jeff Jacobs et al chew out for not coming to games. "So you're blind. We've all got our problems. Stop sniveling and get somebody to drive you."
  • And the peripheral, well, I trip over the dogs a lot. They're the only floor-level things in the house the location of which varies all the time. I tell them to sleep only in designated spots, but like everyone else in the house they ignore me. And when I tell them how annoying that is, they remind me that being tripped over is even more annoying.
Of course, I can make the dogs get off the floor, but then they do their silent mockery thing.

cool-siberian-husky.jpg

The good news for you, ETT. is you have a diagnosis and a treatment plan. My issues are milder (late onset, very gradually progessing retinitis pigmentosa) but currently incurable.

As to your sleeping 20 hours a day, I'd suggest turning on recordings of certain early round NCAA games. Then you could sleep 22 hours.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
IMO:
Ist Team:
Breanna Stewart-UCONN, Jr
Jewell Loyd-Notre Dame, Jr
Aerial Powers MSU, So
Tiffany Mitchell-USC, Jr
Amanda Zahui B-Minnesota, So

2nd Team:
Moriah Jefferson-UCONN, Jr
Dearica Hamby Wake Forest Sr.
Kaleena Mosqueda Lewis-UCONN, Sr
Nina Davis-Baylor, So
Elizabeth Williams-Duke, Sr

3rd Team:
Kelsey Mitchell-Ohio State, Fr
Betnijah Laney Rutgers Sr.
Jillian Alleyne, Oregon, Jr
Samantha Logic, Iowa, Sr
Morgan Tuck UCONN, So

Reaction Score
I would think that Moriah and Morgan would trade AA status for a 3rd natonal championship ring...

Reaction Score
No love for Nina Davis

I managed to squeeze her in on my first team :)

Moriah Jefferson UConn
Jewell Loyd ND
Kaleena Mosqueda Lewis UConn
Nina Davis Baylor
Breanna Stewart UConn

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stewart is the nation's top player, so her selection is in stone.

If KML and Jefferson aren't 1st team AA and Morgan Tuck isn't AT LEAST 2nd, the AA teams are a farce.

There are not 5 players in the country better than KML and Jefferson and there aren't 10 players better than Tuck. To argue otherwise is laughable.

Reaction Score

Best wishes with your health. I have a friend who has been dealing with MS for 20+ years. After a long, slow deterioration he actually started getting better after leaving a stressful job. Still getting better, and much better than he was 10-15 years ago. Good luck with the treatment plan!

Reaction Score

Wow, very sorry to hear this news.

Hopefully the protocols work well for you.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Stewart is the nation's top player, so her selection is in stone.

If KML and Jefferson aren't 1st team AA and Morgan Tuck isn't AT LEAST 2nd, the AA teams are a farce.

There are not 5 players in the country better than KML and Jefferson and there aren't 10 players better than Tuck. To argue otherwise is laughable.

You had me right up to that last word. Let’s assume you meant arguable and debate this.
My opening Argument: Ariel Powers of Michigan State is averaging 21.9 PPG and 12.1 Rebounds. She is in the top 10 in Points and top 5 for Rebounds for all of NCAA. In the history of NCAA (Men and Women) I cannot find a player who finished in top 10 in scoring and top 5 in rebounds that was not designated 1st Team AA. Powers is a Forward as is KML and Stewie. To put KML on first team ahead of Powers IMO is not justifiable.

Reaction Score
Aleisha Welch of SC doesn't get near the hype of Tiffany Mitchell and Aja Wilson. SC would have many more losses without her. I hope she gets some post season recognition. She deserves it.
RU's, Betnijah Laney has to be has to be one of the 15 best players for her all around play and 1st rd projection in the WNBA draft. Just a warrior out there! CVS will miss her next year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Posted on another thread that I was glad you were back, but just saw this post. So sorry to hear and heres hoping for a very successful treatment campaign! Glad you have been able to enjoy the baylor season - except for a couple of hiccups at the end of the regular season it has been a very good one! Good luck against the Irish!

Reaction Score
You had me right up to that last word. Let’s assume you meant arguable and debate this.
My opening Argument: Ariel Powers of Michigan State is averaging 21.9 PPG and 12.1 Rebounds. She is in the top 10 in Points and top 5 for Rebounds for all of NCAA. In the history of NCAA (Men and Women) I cannot find a player who finished in top 10 in scoring and top 5 in rebounds that was not designated 1st Team AA. Powers is a Forward as is KML and Stewie. To put KML on first team ahead of Powers IMO is not justifiable.
Perhaps "laughable" was a bit to strong.:D

Reaction Score

Well wishes. I have a nephew who has MS and he's been doing well for a long time. He was diagnosed at least 6 or 7 years ago. Hope you manage as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom