Alex Karaban hints coming back | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban hints coming back

Reaction Score
He really needs to see a percentage of offense run through him as opposed to this year’s “whose night will it be”.

Otherwise, it’s the degree and the (let’s be real, slim) chance to threepeat and his draft stock may have dropped with more of the same and a year older.

Reaction Score
@Chief00 you gotta have the receipts kid. @nomar was smart enough to admit he didn't think. You made a definitive statement that you must produce proof of.. In full disclosure, I haven't read a single post in this thread aside from the previous two from you and Nomar.

What post #?
#79, #103 and in various other threads.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One mock that I saw (I believe early January) that had AK as a first rounder had him very late in the first round, by the Celtics and with a caveat. It stated that he had at best a mid second round grade (the author's opinion, not mine) but had the type of game that could be useful in the NBA, something that doesn't always happen with players selected at the end of the first round, so the draft pick wouldn't be a major risk. It also stated (again, author's opinion), that he likely would only enter this year's draft if he was assured it would land him on his hometwon team (Celtics) which would require the Celts to guarantee they'll pick him in the first round.

Similar to everyone else who has played here and made my alma mater proud, I wish him to pursue what he views as best for him over the long haul and the best that the future can offer him, whether he stays here or enters the draft.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Vecenie was saying on his last pod that he thinks AK could be a first round pick next year if he showcases more offensive creation ability. It’s true that he added a lot more ability to attack closeouts this season so reasonable he could make another jump

Reaction Score
He's an all time great Husky either way but we do need him next year because he'll be the glue, coach on the floor. I'm praying he's back. He would integrate the newcomers, make 3 possible.

Reaction Score
Looked at one of the mock drafts and saw 2 Kentucky guards at #3 and #5; both ahead of Castle. How do you flame out as Kentucky with that type of guard talent?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Looked at one of the mock drafts and saw 2 Kentucky guards at #3 and #5; both ahead of Castle. How do you flame out as Kentucky with that type of guard talent?
Calipari.

I really will need a detailed explanation from any team that drafts any non-big ahead of Castle.

Reaction Score

Coaching and culture. It’s that simple. I am assume one of the two is Rob Dillingham…who’s the other?

Reaction Score
Edey got 17 points when we were up 16-18 and no reason to foul. He had a great start then he was frustrated for 20 minutes of the middle of the game by our big men.

The NBA now drafts on potential and he needs to take the money, go play basketball full time to be great at his craft in 2-3 years and still very young.
What Hurley did not seem to acknowledge post game with the we stopped other players and let Edey try to beat us narrative, is that we ran guards at Edey on defense at the beginning of the second half - and that’s when our victory margin was created.

Reaction Score
The scout feedback on Karaban is simple, they liked his game, but his late season shooting slump needs a redo. Since his profile is that of a “shooter” (who’s a good winning kid who can do other stuff) but still his shooting needs to be more consistent than it was the second half of this season to be first round material.

Reaction Score
The scout feedback on Karaban is simple, they liked his game, but his late season shooting slump needs a redo. Since his profile is that of a “shooter” (who’s a good winning kid who can do other stuff) but still his shooting needs to be more consistent than it was the second half of this season to be first round material.
It also doesn’t help that he has the funny form on his jumper. Needs a rebuild for the NBA.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Dan Hurley “It’s better to be in college than in a two way contract in the NBA” . That is quote not sure if it was specifically about Alex but he said it. I agree with the statement. My goodness how many times have some of those who posted something similar we immediately coronated as being casual fans who really knew nothing about how the game works.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He can improve his draft stock. One year at being the leader we know he is and he moves into the first round
He’s doing an Emeka getting his degree in 3 years. Very important to both him and his mom. I think he firms up his shooting and becomes more of a first option off the dribble within our offense (Luke will design it in). We saw a game this year where Alex took over the game late making a bunch of midrange shots, fallaways the whole package. Of course he has the ability to dish. He has another level left in his game.

Reaction Score
My guess is if his shooting didn’t suffer second half there would be less concern about the form
That’s so true, when the shot goes in, no one wants to screw up your head with improving the form stuff. But, when it doesn’t go in, the form becomes an issue. At age 20, the underlying form is hard to redo. If he had orthodox form, it would easy to tweak some aspects of it, but that’s not the case here.

Reaction Score
Article from Mike Anthony on Karaban's decision.

“I’ve been talking to Coach Hurley, Coach [Luke] Murray, my agent a lot,” Karaban said. “It’s definitely been weighing on me a lot. Some days I’m leaning towards one way, other days I’m leaning the other way. I’m torn right now. I’m still trying to figure it all out, still trying to talk to them. I just want to set myself up for the best position I can in my future and, at the same time, I have so much love for this school and this program. It’s going to be the toughest decision I’ve ever had to make.”

Alternate access:

Will Alex Karaban chase three-peat with UConn or enter NBA Draft? ‘I’m torn right now’

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
He has everything to gain by staying another year, and I’m sure that’s the feedback he’ll get. He’s right to go through the process and hear what teams have to say.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom