Alex Karaban hints coming back | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban hints coming back

Reaction Score
Would love him back but seriously...

I think Karaban should enter the draft. He's probably a second rounder but I don't think his stock will rise next year because he'll be 22 next year and that'll count against his draft stock (as dumb as that sounds, it's the truth). It's unfortunate that his shooting was inconsistent this year, but I think NBA teams will look past that as a fixable issue. He's proven in the past that he can make 3s. He can be a solid NBA role player.

Reaction Score

I think Karaban should enter the draft. He's probably a second rounder but I don't think his stock will rise next year because he'll be 22 next year and that'll count against his draft stock (as dumb as that sounds, it's the truth). It's unfortunate that his shooting was inconsistent this year, but I think NBA teams will look past that as a fixable issue. He's proven in the past that he can make 3s. He can be a solid NBA role player.

He can probably go in the second round whenever. Big question will be what we can offer in NIL to compare.

Reaction Score

He's not ready for the NBA.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I think if he comes back a little stronger not necessarily bigger and avoids any pro longed shooting slumps he has a good a chance as Tristen did to go from 2nd round or outside the draft to potential late first round. But we will have to be elite eight good for him to get that exposure so I know it is a big decision.

Reaction Score

If he's a 2nd rounder now, what makes you think he'd go any lower next year?

I'd argue that, unlike some guys who are drafted largely on potential, he actually has no downside from coming back.

Reaction Score
Not one but two more years?
That’d be great news!

I'd be more excited if he said "I'm halfway there", Hope he comes back to go for #3. He could be an All -American next year.

Reaction Score
We're experiencing the same title inflation on our players as we did right after last years championship.

I would take every mock draft or draft evaluation with huge grains of salt right now. Everything is based on March madness just finishing. The current crop of college players are the flavor of the month right now, eecoially our guys. If you looked 5 weeks ago the entire top 5 was European players.

Our entire starting 5 is being mocked in the draft. I think the odds of that actually happening are really low. Does Clingan go #3? I'm super skeptical of that. Is castle a top 7 pick? Maybe but also maybe not. Is Tristen Newton a late first rounder? In a month I would bet he isn't. Does Cam Spencer and Alex Karaban both get drafted in the 2nd round? Again I would doubt it.

The evaluation process will start and instead of our guys being the starting 5 on one of the most dominant college teams they'll actually look at the whole profile. Scouts will question Clingans offensive game and how his body will hold up in an NBA season. Scouts will wonder if Castle can become an efficient shooter and how his offensive game translates in the NBA. Newton will probably get asked the same questions as last year that'll ding his stock a bit...etc etc with Cam and AK. All of this will drop their stock.

The same exact thing happened last year with Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo and Newton. All of them slid a lot further down the rankings once the shine of the championship wore off and the entire picture of the draft started to come together.

I would imagine AK will be back.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
We're experiencing the same title inflation on our players as we did right after last years championship.

I would take every mock draft or draft evaluation with huge grains of salt right now. Everything is based on March madness just finishing. The current crop of college players are the flavor of the month right now, eecoially our guys. If you looked 5 weeks ago the entire top 5 was European players.

Our entire starting 5 is being mocked in the draft. I think the odds of that actually happening are really low. Does Clingan go #3? I'm super skeptical of that. Is castle a top 7 pick? Maybe but also maybe not. Is Tristen Newton a late first rounder? In a month I would bet he isn't. Does Cam Spencer and Alex Karaban both get drafted in the 2nd round? Again I would doubt it.

The evaluation process will start and instead of our guys being the starting 5 on one of the most dominant college teams they'll actually look at the whole profile. Scouts will question Clingans offensive game and how his body will hold up in an NBA season. Scouts will wonder if Castle can become an efficient shooter and how his offensive game translates in the NBA. Newton will probably get asked the same questions as last year that'll ding his stock a bit...etc etc with Cam and AK. All of this will drop their stock.

The same exact thing happened last year with Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo and Newton. All of them slid a lot further down the rankings once the shine of the championship wore off and the entire picture of the draft started to come together.

Aren't you a ray of sunshine...

Reaction Score
First I will say I’m no NBA expert either on talent or draft but if Alex gets stronger, if he asserts himself more driving and mid game, and improves his shooting even more I can’t see why his draft stock wouldn’t improve, even 1 year older. If he gets enough NIL money then stay rather be buried in the G league or Europe. Stay Alex, stay.

Reaction Score

Dan wants 3. Alex is the lynchpin. He will plead for him to stay.

Reaction Score
Karaban is not one of those kids who's going to be penalized by coming back another year. He expanded his game this year and there's no reason he won't do so again next year. In a historically weak draft he's not even a guaranteed second rounder this year. If he really wants to be a pro he can bounce and try to catch on with an organization but that same opportunity - at minimum - is going to be available next year. I love the kid and think you can make a case that he's one of the most important recruits in the last 20 years but it's not like he needs to jump start the clock on his first max deal.

Reaction Score

If you had been following draft coverage all year, you wouldn’t have this take.

Reaction Score

THANK YOU SOMEBODY THAT UNDERSTANDS FINALLY!!!

Castle will go top 20
Newton will go 2nd rd(senior so he was gone)
Cam will go & probably go G-League like sanogo
Karaban is gonna be a 4yr UConn legend
Clingan will return for his junior year & work on his offense like sanogo jr yr he will start shooting 3 to be more likable in the nba he unlike sanogo clingan can do NIL so it’s no big rush or pressure for him to go pro

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Current college players are the flavor of the month right now, eecoially our guys.

EECOIALLY, I TELL YA

Our entire starting 5 is being mocked in the draft.

HECK, I'M GOING TO MOCK THEM RIGHT NOW:

Scouts will question Clingan's offensive game and how his body will hold up in an NBA season. Scouts will wonder if Castle can become an efficient shooter and how his offensive game will translate in the NBA. Newton will probably get asked the same questions as last year that'll ding his stock a bit...

IS IT HIS FAULT THEY CAN'T COME UP WITH NEW QUESTIONS?

etc etc with Cam and AK.

OK

I MOCK

Reaction Score
Dan wants 3. Alex is the lynchpin. He will plead for him to stay.
No coach "pleads" with a player to stay. The coaches will talk to NBA scouts and give each underclassman an honest assessment of their draft status. Karaban and family will make the decision with the assistance of Hurley Some coaches have to actually push players out the door who might want to stay. Coaches know their role in helping players make the best long-term decision.

Reaction Score
THANK YOU SOMEBODY THAT UNDERSTANDS FINALLY!!!

Castle will go top 20
Newton will go 2nd rd(senior so he was gone)
Cam will go & probably go G-League like sanogo
Karaban is gonna be a 4yr UConn legend
Clingan will return for his junior year & work on his offense like sanogo jr yr he will start shooting 3 to be more likable in the nba he unlike sanogo clingan can do NIL so it’s no big rush or pressure for him to go pro
Castle will be a lottery pick. Clingan will also be a lottery pick & NBA teams don’t care that he doesn’t shoot 3s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom