Alex Karaban hints coming back | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban hints coming back

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What about clingan game tell you he’s a 1st rd nba player let alone a top 5 pick …. Kid needs work or he’ll be destroyed in the league … u think 37 from edey was bad what do u think will happen if he went to the nba … he’s not ready at all he will enter the draft to go thru an evaluation process while maintaining his eligibility but the nba scouts & Hurley will tell him he needs at least 1 more yr to work on strengthening his body , some post moves & open up to him shooting 3s more

HungryHu5ky, you should eat a Snickers.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I was looking at it more like him saying "Tristen won't be my PG anymore" which is true regardless of whether he stays or goes pro. But you can sure look at like it from the point of view he's staying. I think he'll declare and get feedback from the pros for sure though. Then hopefully he decides to come back.

If someone says they'll draft him in the 1st round (or at worst early 2nd round), he'll probably leave.

He said “here.” Not holding him to it, but there’s absolutely no way to read that other than him talking about playing for UConn next season.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Alex Karaban is the one player that I think is most difficult to replace. He’s the smartest kid on the team, a real leader, extension of the coaching staff on the floor, the one performing most actions in sets, ability to stretch the defense from the 4 spot.

As long as we keep Danny Luke and Alex we’re competing for titles.

Reaction Score
I assume Hurley gave Donovan very current information on how his draft slotting looked. Too often our beloved Casual Fans based everything on how many points someone scored /or had scored against them in the last game. Different teams have a different amount of weapons and so on - and then there are game plans that take away weapons or decide to use a mismatch offensively.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I assume Hurley gave Donovan very current information on how his draft slotting looked. Too often our beloved Casual Fans based everything on how many points someone scored /or had scored against them in the last game. Different teams have a different amount of weapons and so on - and then there are game plans that take away weapons or decide to use a mismatch offensively.

Notwithstanding your implication to the contrary, I don’t think a single person on this board said Clingan had a bad game against Purdue because Edey scored a lot of points.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Notwithstanding your implication to the contrary, I don’t think a single person on this board said Clingan had a bad game against Purdue because Edey scored a lot of points.
In this thread alone, someone did. I think it is great you proudly defend the Casual Fan and identify as the #1 Casual Fan. What a wonderful honor. .

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

In this thread alone, someone did. I think it is great you proudly defend the Casual Fan and identify as the #1 Casual Fan. What a wonderful honor. .

@Chief00 you gotta have the receipts kid. @nomar was smart enough to admit he didn't think. You made a definitive statement that you must produce proof of.. In full disclosure, I haven't read a single post in this thread aside from the previous two from you and Nomar.

What post #?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How many NBA players are 7’4 and able to play low post bully ball and take 25 shots over a 7’2 guy? Edey scoring 37 has 0 impact on Clingan’s draft stock. Him being an anchor of a back to back championship team has a lot of impact

Karaban is in a tough spot. I’m sure he could find an NBA home this year (especially in a weak class), but he would be the #1 option next year with a chance to make a bigger name. But the NBA draft does not like upperclassmen. Last offseason I said Karaban’s NBA calling card was actually to be able to play PF/SF. This year he ended up playing PF/C instead. I still feel the same way

Reaction Score
How many NBA players are 7’4 and able to play low post bully ball and take 25 shots over a 7’2 guy? Edey scoring 37 has 0 impact on Clingan’s draft stock. Him being an anchor of a back to back championship team has a lot of impact

Karaban is in a tough spot. I’m sure he could find an NBA home this year (especially in a weak class), but he would be the #1 option next year with a chance to make a bigger name. But the NBA draft does not like upperclassmen. Last offseason I said Karaban’s NBA calling card was actually to be able to play PF/SF. This year he ended up playing PF/C instead. I still feel the same way

Edey got 17 points when we were up 16-18 and no reason to foul. He had a great start then he was frustrated for 20 minutes of the middle of the game by our big men.

The NBA now drafts on potential and he needs to take the money, go play basketball full time to be great at his craft in 2-3 years and still very young.

Reaction Score
What about clingan game tell you he’s a 1st rd nba player let alone a top 5 pick …. Kid needs work or he’ll be destroyed in the league … u think 37 from edey was bad what do u think will happen if he went to the nba … he’s not ready at all he will enter the draft to go thru an evaluation process while maintaining his eligibility but the nba scouts & Hurley will tell him he needs at least 1 more yr to work on strengthening his body , some post moves & open up to him shooting 3s more
I don’t mean to be so blunt, but…

Well, I’ll just go ahead. This is far and away one of the dumbest posts I’ve ever read on this board.

Congratulations, as that’s quite an accomplishment.

Reaction Score
The same fantasy land where ppl that watched him all season would believe that he’s a lottery pick when he isn’t even nba ready …ppl caught up In the moment & I would even say don’t pay attention to all of college hoops bc right now everybody is projected 1st rd / lottery…
This isn’t an eye test - this is everyone reading literally every mock draft that’s online and going with what they and the scouts say.

Doesn’t seem that hard.

Reaction Score
Sanogo went to work scoring and rebounding 22/20 yesterday when he subbed in. He went undrafted because NBA “experts” had him pegged as not having enough size, shooting ability- he was a some here called him a tweener. Too small, too big, they had him pegged.
Except for one thing, he gets the rebound over others Rodman like and he has great hands, footwork and scores fighting for everything. If he gets the chance he’s going to just tear it up. Those are the intangibles that Hurley seeks in the type of players that brought us 5 and 6.
Clingan is discovered already but there’s a lot he will do in the NBA that will surprise everyone but UConn fans in the future.

Reaction Score
The scouts and Hurley will absolutely not tell him that because it’s ridiculous. It is completely okay to not have strong opinions on things you don’t understand.

Reaction Score
Right now the stats indicate Clingon is basically Walker Kessler. Very comparable college stats. Kessler sent something like 18 or 22, but this is a weak draft class. Clingon should absolutely go - too much risk of injury, and being a surefire lottery pick say as much. Even if he’s a 9/7 guy in the NBA playing 1/2 the game, he’ll make a lot of money and have a good career. I put Clingon as this as a sure thing, and maybe he’s a little better (his blocks were certainly improving with his health).

To me, Castle is the one who might be a little more hit or miss, but with absolute super star potential.

Reaction Score
Right now the stats indicate Clingon is basically Walker Kessler. Very comparable college stats. Kessler sent something like 18 or 22, but this is a weak draft class. Clingon should absolutely go - too much risk of injury, and being a surefire lottery pick say as much. Even if he’s a 9/7 guy in the NBA playing 1/2 the game, he’ll make a lot of money and have a good career. I put Clingon as this as a sure thing, and maybe he’s a little better (his blocks were certainly improving with his health).

To me, Castle is the one who might be a little more hit or miss, but with absolute super star potential.
It's nice that you're hyping him up, but at least spell his name correctly. He's not a Star Trek character.

Reaction Score
It is a virtual certainty that Clingan will be a lottery pick. No scouts or coaches are telling Clingan he needs to stay.

Reaction Score

Funny, I see Castle differently. Definitely NOT hit or miss, imo.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Let me help you bud

Reaction Score
I dont believey Alex is getting drafted . I hope he is ready but I don't know how much upside he has ..Needs.to work on his ico abilities and ball handling skill.

Reaction Score
Let me help you bud

Love it!!!
Perhaps the only way to describe the post you alluded to is don’t let the facts get in the way. Have a good story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom