A'ja Wilson pre-commitment threads (merged) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

A'ja Wilson pre-commitment threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You all missed this clue?

First paragraph-
COLUMBIA – When the No. 1 women’s basketball recruit in the country goes home, she curls up on the couch and watches “NCIS” with her parents. She sends texts and tweets full of emojis. On weekends, she sleeps in and watches movies with her friends. She loves her pearls.

Clear as a bell.
LOL, clearly it was a parallel to the Bible Code.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You all missed this clue?

First paragraph-
COLUMBIA – When the No. 1 women’s basketball recruit in the country goes home, she curls up on the couch and watches “NCIS” with her parents. She sends texts and tweets full of emojis. On weekends, she sleeps in and watches movies with her friends. She loves her pearls.

Clear as a bell.
Ah yes clear as a bell......to add on...... "She loves her pearls". Which of course means Earl "The Pearl" Monroe. Who just happens to be from.....you guessed it, Philadelphia. (We know anyone else from that area????) Also Earl "The Pearl" was drafted by the Baltimore Bullets, who became the Washington Bullets, who became the Washington Wizards. And who was known as the "Wizard of Westwood"? That's right, known other than Geno's hero, John Wooden.

It all makes sense now.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
She sounds like a sweetheart, but if she comes to us, she'll need to put her delight at being #1 in a really remote place.

Reaction Score
Granted, basketball is a team game, but North Carolina was nowhere last year and they were an Elite 8 team this year. If you do not want to give Ms DeShields the lion's share of the credit, so be it. We can agree to disagree.
I think you sell Mavunga and Gray short.

Reaction Score
She sounds like a sweetheart, but if she comes to us, she'll need to put her delight at being #1 in a really remote place.
That and demanding to exclusively play a certain position. Really makes me appreciate what we have in players like Stef who pretty much does everything to Bria who volunteered to go to the bench at the end of last season and KML who has been helping out big time down low getting rebounds and put-backs, to of course Stewie who I swear would serve as water girl if Geno asked her to and she thought it would help the team win more games.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I am excited about seeing that team of young talent next year! That is a VERY talented group of young players and the addition of Wilson could be enough to get them to the championship game. I would not be surprised to see them have a similar year to what ND had this year and meet up with UCONN as undefeated teams in the final.

Reaction Score
I was 100% with you ett until those last six words. I do not expect nd to miss a beat next year. Awfully tough for the Heels to beat nd twice and avoid an upset vs duke, md etc.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was 100% with you ett until those last six words. I do not expect nd to miss a beat next year. Awfully tough for the Heels to beat nd twice and avoid an upset vs duke, md etc.

I don't expect Turner to have the type of season many are anticipating. I could be wrong, but I think the loss of McBride and Achonwa will be too much for ND to overcome and I don't think they will win the ACC again, and I would give UNC a much great chance of going undefeated than Duke, MD or ND. I am not saying that they will not go undefeated, as that is very difficult to do, but it certainly would not surprise me.

U

UCONNfan1

Some Tenn fans are now thinking that they land Wilson AND Tea Cooper (who may announce on the same day as Wilson), who is a top 5 player from 2015. That would certainly change the landscape quite a bit.

Reaction Score
I think you sell Mavunga and Gray short.

Basketball, as I have stated often is a team game. I love the team aspects of it and appreciate how players make each other better through teamwork. That said, selling teammates short, especially Ms Deshields' Carolina teammates would be a disservice to their individual contributions to a team effort. Without doubt, they all made each other and, thus, the team better; the exact same can be said of pretty much all very good teams in team sports.

Reaction Score
Basketball, as I have stated often is a team game. I love the team aspects of it and appreciate how players make each other better through teamwork. That said, selling teammates short, especially Ms Deshields' Carolina teammates would be a disservice to their individual contributions to a team effort. Without doubt, they all made each other and, thus, the team better; the exact same can be said of pretty much all very good teams in team sports.
But you did say DeShields gets the lion's share of the credit (IYO). I'd say Mavunga and Gray deserve as much credit as DD.

Reaction Score
But you did say DeShields gets the lion's share of the credit (IYO). I'd say Mavunga and Gray deserve as much credit as DD.

And I will stand by that. She definitely deserves most of the credit, but certainly not all of it.

Reaction Score
As some e posted, she shot .476 on 2's. Not killing it.

And she didn't shoot threes just to keep defenses honest.
My calculation ((248 total FGs minus 48 three pointers) divided by (582 total FGA - 172 3 pt attempts) 200/410) came up with Ms DeShields shooting .488 from 2 which may not still qualify as killing it in your eyes, but more than qualifies in mine. Except for, possibly, Shea Ralph who, on healthy knees, was as close to a scoring machine as ever wore a Husky uniform( anyone remember Cazzie Russell), .488 should be within 5 points of any and all the UConn backcourt luminaries.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Ah yes clear as a bell.to add on. "She loves her pearls". Which of course means Earl "The Pearl" Monroe. Who just happens to be from.....you guessed it, Philadelphia. (We know anyone else from that area????) Also Earl "The Pearl" was drafted by the Baltimore Bullets, who became the Washington Bullets, who became the Washington Wizards. And who was known as the "Wizard of Westwood"? That's right, known other than Geno's hero, John Wooden.

It all makes sense now.

Yep, Dawn Staley! ;)

Reaction Score
OK So they are my odds.

Looks to me like its a dead heat. 33% chance each to SC and NC and Uconn. Why SC? She stays local
With an improving young team and coach. Why NC? Teaming up with DD to return TH to the national stage. Why UCONN? Some drivel about great coaching and winning NC's :)

Oy yeah.......Tenn at 1%. Why Tenn? Their RPI, their SOS and her lifelong dream to go to the Sweet 16

I know. I know. Who am I to predict? Am the same dummy who thought ESPN silly to invite Simmons to the draft. Boy was I stupid

Z

Reaction Score
OK So they are my odds.

Looks to me like its a dead heat. 33% chance each to SC and NC and Uconn. Why SC? She stays local
With an improving young team and coach. Why NC? Teaming up with DD to return TH to the national stage. Why UCONN? Some drivel about great coaching and winning NC's :)

Oy yeah..Tenn at 1%. Why Tenn? Their RPI, their SOS and her lifelong dream to go to the Sweet 16

I know. I know. Who am I to predict? Am the same dummy who thought ESPN silly to invite Simmons to the draft. Boy was I stupid

Z
On an individual school basis, I agree it's about 1/3rd for the three teams. However, I look at it as a 66% likelihood she'll stay near home and go to one of the two Carolina schools.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
S C is only school she can go to and it be her team from day one. Plus never being compared to
a past great player.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1% UConn, 49% S Carolina, 48% N Carolina, 2% Tenn (just cuz it's in Dixie). UConn offers too little of the familiar to the recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom