2024 Recruiting: Tarris Reed Jr. | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tarris Reed Jr.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’ve known Richard 20+ years. He has great sources

EE131E7B-C58A-4E0B-A7B8-65F6B66F813C.jpeg

Reaction Score
It's not a wink! I have zero inside info here, and I don't think he's committed yet.

But the staff's prioritizing him, our last two centers have gone/will be going to the NBA, we develop players and win titles.

I can't imagine this kid's not on the roster next year.
I was just busting with the wink reference. Sorry if I jumped too soon. Come on down Terris Reed, play for the back-to-back National Champions, be a part of the triple crown.

Reaction Score
Gotta look beyond his stats. Watch the tape. Quick, Big frame, Great footwork, quick twitch, good passer, 2 yrs eligibility. He tries to play like Karl Malone. Looks like him physically. Will be great both sides with pick and roll. Someone said in other thread Jeff Adrien-ish
I could be absolutely wrong but im guessing he wasnt in great shape as a freshmen but watching some tape on him he seems very, very talented and just needs to get in a bit better shape, discipline and hard coaching and he can be an absolute diamond in the rough. He looks like a slightly larger more athletic version of Sanogo. Someone said hes a below the rim player but i dont think so. I seen a play where he spun on his defender and i was expecting him to jump toward the basket for the lay in and he went up and dunked it. Very impressive play and i think this kid is scratching the surface of what he could be. Get him down to 250-255ish and watch out. I hope we can get him because ill take two years of that.

Reaction Score

Michigan center Tarris Reed is the first player from the portal to visit Storrs. Among the things he was able to take in during his visit was the parade honoring the national champs. Reed hasn't announced any decision date yet, but the latest word is that he could be leaning towards joining up with Hurley and the Huskies. Reed, a 6-foot-10 post, averaged 9.0 points and 7.2 rebounds per game as a sophomore last season for Michigan.

We are expecting UConn to get linked to other big portal names, but it looks like Reed will be the first to join.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
there was the back and forth over a page or 2 about whether the coaching staff would be looking for a big to recruit over Samson and Borges pretty much confirmed that the staff doesn't want to do that with their Clingan replacement. It's gonna be someone to split time with Samson and give teams a different look like what we've seen the past couple of years.

Reaction Score
If that's the case, then it sounds like some of the other bigs in the portal like Ballo and Cliff, might not buy into this narrative and choose a destination where they will be assured 30 plus minutes per game.

Let's get a center the staff wants, and another top guard or wing, and we should be good to go.

Reaction Score
If that's the case, then it sounds like some of the other bigs in the portal like Ballo and Cliff, might not buy into this narrative and choose a destination where they will be assured 30 plus minutes per game.

Let's get a center the staff wants, and another top guard or wing, and we should be good to go.
Those guys are also seniors so they need more minutes to showcase themselves, so they think. Reed has got two years left. Our guys improve dramatically after year one.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I could be absolutely wrong but im guessing he wasnt in great shape as a freshmen but watching some tape on him he seems very, very talented and just needs to get in a bit better shape, discipline and hard coaching and he can be an absolute diamond in the rough. He looks like a slightly larger more athletic version of Sanogo. Someone said hes a below the rim player but i dont think so. I seen a play where he spun on his defender and i was expecting him to jump toward the basket for the lay in and he went up and dunked it. Very impressive play and i think this kid is scratching the surface of what he could be. Get him down to 250-255ish and watch out. I hope we can get him because ill take two years of that.
He and Samson are going to make another great center tandem.

Reaction Score
Those guys are also seniors so they need more minutes to showcase themselves, so they think. Reed has got two years left. Our guys improve dramatically after year one.
Reed having 2 years of eligibility is the key. One year with Reed and Johnson splitting time and a more developed Reed and Singare combo down the road doesn't seem too shabby. Although, given the portal and recruiting it is hard to project much beyond next month.,

Reaction Score
Can he just commit already? The longer this drags out the bigger the potential someone else swoops in here

Reaction Score
I by far would make Reed the priority. Having Samson and Reed gives us continued advantage at the rim. I’d spend my money here as well

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
there was the back and forth over a page or 2 about whether the coaching staff would be looking for a big to recruit over Samson and Borges pretty much confirmed that the staff doesn't want to do that with their Clingan replacement. It's gonna be someone to split time with Samson and give teams a different look like what we've seen the past couple of years.
The way I read the Borges article was that Reed could play minutes with Johnson on the floor. I doubt both start, but sounds like there would be plenty of minutes to go around for both.

Reaction Score
The way I read the Borges article was that Reed could play minutes with Johnson on the floor. I doubt both start, but sounds like there would be plenty of minutes to go around for both.

Neither of them will be playing the 4 outside some calamity of foul trouble if we expect to win games. Reed can't shoot worth a lick outside of 3 feet, and neother can Johnson.

Reaction Score
Neither of them will be playing the 4 outside some calamity of foul trouble if we expect to win games. Reed can't shoot worth a lick outside of 3 feet, and neother can Johnson.
I'm with you. Play the 5 only

Reaction Score
Hopefully, he's not receiving a parade of other suitors waving cash bags at him or offering him 30 minutes+ a game.

I have never followed the time frame from an official visit until commitment for prior team recruits.

Does anyone know if it has taken a week or more for a number of our recruits?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom