2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2 | Page 21 | The Boneyard

2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2

Reaction Score
I don’t think people outside the Carolina fanbase realize to what a remarkable degree and how suddenly Dawn Staley flipped this program. Just look at our record against longtime SEC programs at the moment we began our current streaks against them.

Current winning streak, series record when streak began:

Alabama: 22, 10-15
Arkansas: 19 of 20, 8-17
Auburn: 15, 15-21
Florida: 16, 8-20
Georgia: 18, 7-33
Kentucky: 19 of 21, 22-33
LSU: 16, 4-22
Miss State: 17 of 20 (Vic), 10-16
Mississippi: 19, 12-17
Tennessee: 9 of 10, 3-48
Vandy: 16, 6-21

That’s absolutely nuts.
Coach Walvius and Coach Wilson

Reaction Score
So, what do we fans feel about Angel and Kamilla being on the same team in the W?
I'm fine with it but I think there will be some growing pains since both are known to be rebounders and rim protectors. Reece will have to expand her game, else she may backup Cardoso. I'm excited to see Reece play the four position.

Reaction Score
So, what do we fans feel about Angel and Kamilla being on the same team in the W?
I'm fine with it if she can help KC and the Sky win games. Question is can these two exhibit enough ability to knock down jumpers to keep the lane unclogged. With only 12 teams you're going to see a lot of Gamecocks teamed up w/ rivals. I'm fine with Kiki playing with Sophie on the Mercury if it means she's finally back in the W. I root for Clemson players that are on my favorite pro teams and against Gamecocks who are not all the time. College is college and pros are pros as far as I'm concerned.

The W is a little different for me as I find myself rooting, in some way, for all the teams that have GC's, though ultimately the Aces are my fave.

Reaction Score
I'm fine with it if she can help KC and the Sky win games. Question is can these two exhibit enough ability to knock down jumpers to keep the lane unclogged. With only 12 teams you're going to see a lot of Gamecocks teamed up w/ rivals. I'm fine with Kiki playing with Sophie on the Mercury if it means she's finally back in the W. I root for Clemson players that are on my favorite pro teams and against Gamecocks who are not all the time. College is college and pros are pros as far as I'm concerned.

The W is a little different for me as I find myself rooting, in some way, for all the teams that have GC's, though ultimately the Aces are my fave.
I'm the same. I root for teams with prolific Gamecocks, so the Aces and Fever are my two teams at the moment.

Reaction Score
I'm the same. I root for teams with prolific Gamecocks, so the Aces and Fever are my two teams at the moment.
I'm similar in this regard. I root for the Aces and Dream (though Tanisha tries my patience) and pull for the Fever as much as I can.

Reaction Score
I'm similar in this regard. I root for the Aces and Dream (though Tanisha tries my patience) and pull for the Fever as much as I can.
I've watched more Fever than I care to admit over the years since Tiff entered the league (still one of my all time fave Gamecocks). I hope Victaria has improved her game overseas and Fever value her enough that she gets a second season.

Speaking of Tiff, her and Ty on the Sun could be fun. I imagine both coming off the bench and sharing the backcourt on the second unit quite a bit. Ty seemed to cut out a very nice role with Conn last season. Would be great to see her push for starters minutes (I need to better familiarize myself w/ their depth chart as the season nears).

As for the Dream, the obvious is to see what LA can do in year two to join Allisha who has really established herself as one of the class players in the W.

Pretty cool being able to talk about all these franchises with multiple Gamecocks on their roster heading into camp. Off the top of my head, Brea on Aces roster, Kaela and Alaina in Seattle, I forgot who Henny signed with.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm fine with it but I think there will be some growing pains since both are known to be rebounders and rim protectors. Reece will have to expand her game, else she may backup Cardoso. I'm excited to see Reece play the four position.
They drafted two players who were reluctant to expand their offensive game, which is either going to be real bad or real good.

Reaction Score
I've watched more Fever than I care to admit over the years since Tiff entered the league (still one of my all time fave Gamecocks). I hope Victaria has improved her game overseas and Fever value her enough that she gets a second season.

Speaking of Tiff, her and Ty on the Sun could be fun. I imagine both coming off the bench and sharing the backcourt on the second unit quite a bit. Ty seemed to cut out a very nice role with Conn last season. Would be great to see her push for starters minutes (I need to better familiarize myself w/ their depth chart as the season nears).

As for the Dream, the obvious is to see what LA can do in year two to join Allisha who has really established herself as one of the class players in the W.

Pretty cool being able to talk about all these franchises with multiple Gamecocks on their roster heading into camp. Off the top of my head, Brea on Aces roster, Kaela and Alaina in Seattle, I forgot who Henny signed with.
Don't forget Cooke out in LA.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

SC's presence is pronounced and growing in the WNBA. I believe you have 13 players on rosters to open training camp:
A'ja Wilson
Aliyah Boston
Allisha Gray
Laeticia Amihere
Zia Cooke
Brea Beal
Kaela Davis
Tyasha Harris
Alaina Coates
Destanni Henderson
Tiffany Mitchell
Victaria Saxton
Kamilla Cardoso

And in 3-4 years I think it's relatively safe to assume every rotation player from this year will be drafted and have a shot to make a roster when they go pro:
Sania Feagin-likely a 2nd or 3rd round pick next year
Tehina Pao Pao-likely a 1st round pick next year
Bree Hall-likely a late 1st round or 2nd round pick next year
Raven Johnson-likely a 1st round pick either next year or 2026
Ashlyn Watkins-should be a lottery pick and potential #1 in 2026
Chloe Kitts-1st or 2nd round pick in 2026
Milaysia Fulwiley-lottery pick in 2026
Tessa Johnson-early to say, but likely a 1st round pick

In total, SC realistically could have 15-20 pros on rosters in a few years and challenge UCONN for most pros in the league.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

So you saying you didn't watch the WNBA before 2016 ? ;)

Reaction Score
So you saying you didn't watch the WNBA before 2016 ? ;)
This is actually a true statement and honestly it was mostly casual watching until last season when I watched 80% of the Fever games and about half of the Aces games. I also watched a few Dream, Sparks and Sun games to keep up with the freshies and Ty.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is actually a true statement and honestly it was mostly casual watching until last season when I watched 80% of the Fever games and about half of the Aces games. I also watched a few Dream, Sparks and Sun games to keep up with the freshies and Ty.

I attended the first WNBA game ever in Charlotte. Of course I rooted for the Sting until they disbanded. Since then I rooted for teams with the most Duke players. Our numbers have dwindled, so I just root for the team with my favorite all time Duke Player... so whatever team Chelsea Gray plays for.. that's my team.

Reaction Score
SC's presence is pronounced and growing in the WNBA. I believe you have 13 players on rosters to open training camp:
A'ja Wilson
Aliyah Boston
Allisha Gray
Laeticia Amihere
Zia Cooke
Brea Beal
Kaela Davis
Tyasha Harris
Alaina Coates
Destanni Henderson
Tiffany Mitchell
Victaria Saxton
Kamilla Cardoso

…In total, SC realistically could have 15-20 pros on rosters in a few years and challenge UCONN for most pros in the league.
With the talk of further WNBA expansion, Greenville should get a lonnnng look. None of our cities are big enough for a Big 3 pro league, but the Upstate absolutely could pull in a few thousand a night for a WNBA team with a couple of local alumni.

Reaction Score

I love watching Tiff play (there's such a smoothness to her game that goes unnoticed and unappreciated), and I'll admit that I couldn't stand seeing her stuck in Indy. Glad to see her (and Ty) with the Sun and anxious to see how the revamped starting line-up shakes out.

Allisha is an amazing two-way star and it is a privilege watching her go to work for the Dream. She's also doing a fine job of mentoring the youngsters, especially Rhyne Howard. I'm just not as sold on Tanisha as I want to be.

Having all these Gamecocks to cheer for league-wide is largely Dawn's vision for the WNBA and one of the best recruiting tools one can have. I'm loving it! :D

Reaction Score
I hope Victaria has improved her game overseas and Fever value her enough that she gets a second season.
I hope so, too. I think that if Victaria commits herself to being the best practice player and teammate she can possibly be, she'll hang around. If she can defend at all on the perimeter, she ought to be kept because looking at that roster...:oops:

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Hopefully yall and Zona play in the tourney... and Jah drops 33 pts on yall, and blows a kiss in the direction of yalls bench.
Jah did something that was "detrimental to the team" and Dawn still helped her find another home. She even said about Jah "once in the Gamecock family, always in the Gamecock family." Jah was the problem not Dawn or the team. Jah needs to get her act together if she wants to stay at Arizona. Barnes won't take any crap either.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I hope so, too. I think that if Victaria commits herself to being the best practice player and teammate she can possibly be, she'll hang around. If she can defend at all on the perimeter, she ought to be kept because looking at that roster...:oops:
The WNBA is already talking expansion so there will be more opportunities in the future. MSN

Reaction Score
I think once they expand to 16 teams there may be 20+ Gamecocks on rosters. My teams have been the Aces and Fever, but pull for whatever teams have Gamecocks on them. Glad that doesn’t include the Wings ir Liberty cuz I really don‘t Like those teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom