2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2

Reaction Score
Don’t know that she’s ever visited. No mention of SC or UConn on IG. Honestly, can’t imagine Dawn wouldn’t save a spot for a transfer Post player if KC goes pro.
We have three open spots with Cardoso, four if she goes pro. Dawn’s carried a light roster for the COVID years so any senior that wanted would have room to return.

It’s one of the easiest explanations for “how does she keep everyone around?!”

Reaction Score
We have three open spots with Cardoso, four if she goes pro. Dawn’s carried a light roster for the COVID years so any senior that wanted would have room to return.

It’s one of the easiest explanations for “how does she keep everyone around?!”
In a recent interview Joyce Edwards mentioned that Cardoso was going pro. I don't know if it was a slip up or an assumption...just something to ponder.

Reaction Score
Okay folks, what lineup do you want in the last four minutes of a close game?

Protecting a lead?
Tehina, Tessa and MiLaysia shoot the best from the free throw line. Raven? Not too good at 61%. Bree is acceptable at 70%
Tessa has the fewest TOs per game and the second highest 3 pt %. Bree has the second fewest TOs and third highest 3 pt %
Ashlyn is just plain horrible at FTs, but she came up big on defense in the waning minutes of the last two minutes. So, I can't second guess Dawn on that
Kamilla is solid on O&D in the middle.

I gotta go with Tessa, Raven and Tehina even though Raven's averages are the best, Ashlyn and Kamilla.

TRAILING
MiLaysia, Raven and Tehina for firepower. Cardosa and Feagan also. Maybe Chloe instead of Feagan because she NEVER quits.

Reaction Score

Protecting a lead?
Tehina, Tessa and MiLaysia shoot the best from the free throw line. Raven? Not too good at 61%. Bree is acceptable at 70%
Tessa has the fewest TOs per game and the second highest 3 pt %. Bree has the second fewest TOs and third highest 3 pt %
Ashlyn is just plain horrible at FTs, but she came up big on defense in the waning minutes of the last two minutes. So, I can't second guess Dawn on that

I gotta go with Tessa, Raven and Tehina even though Raven's averages are the best, Ashlyn and Kamilla.

TRAILING
MiLaysia, Raven and Tehina for firepower. Cardosa and Feagan also. Maybe Chloe instead of Feagan because she NEVER quits.
Just a side note regarding Tessa. Apart from the folks in her immediate circle, I think she’s flown under the basketball radar this season. However, with her performance in Sunday’s E8 game, she reminded everyone of her name. She is surely a great asset to the Gamecocks.

Reaction Score
Just a side note regarding Tessa. Apart from the folks in her immediate circle, I think she’s flown under the basketball radar this season. However, with her performance in Sunday’s E8 game, she reminded everyone of her name. She is surely a great asset to the Gamecocks.
She is a fan favorite too because of her adorable personality. She’s turned into a terrific player too. We understand how important she is!

Reaction Score

Protecting a lead?

TRAILING
This is hard because four guards (MiLaysia, Tessa, Te-Hina, and Raven) could contribute under both circumstances. That said, I'll go with:

Protecting a lead
MiLaysia (ball skills and scoring)
Breezy (leadership and calmness) or Raven (see Breezy)
Tessa (see MiLaysia)
Te-Hina (spread the court)
Ashlyn (protect the rim)

Trailing
MiLaysia (playmaking energy)
Raven (shooting and lob passes to Kamilla)
Te-Hina (shooting) or Tessa (shooting/scoring, defense)
Chloe (rebounding and midrange shooting)
Kamilla (lobs and rim protection/interior intimidation)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'm interested in seeing the spread when it comes out. I can't imagine that it'd be closer than 8-10 points. Iowa was in a dogfight against a beat-up UConn team and had several days to prepare for them. They have a day to prepare for us and should be quite fatigued.

I'm excited for the squad, especially for Raven to get her redemption moment. We can send Kamilla off on a high note. Can't wait!

Reaction Score
Dawn has the exact blueprint now for how to contain Clark and beat Iowa. SC has a much deeper bench than UConn and can afford to be aggressive defensively all game. Plus SC has height and is much better now at perimeter shooting.

I expect CC to get her points, but I think the Gamecocks are going to get their revenge.

Reaction Score
It's such a cool storyline and way to end the season. The question has been is SC this year better than last year's team. It hasn't made much sense. Numbers probably say yes, but the team last year was legendary in their own right. Now this year's team gets to play the squad that defeated last year's team. A heck of a way to conclude the revenge tour?

I like South Carolina in this game, but I think Stuelke is a pretty good matchup for Cardoso in that she runs just as well and is pretty long and athletic. I do think Fulwiley will embrace guarding Clark, but it's hard to see Clark having back to back underwhelming games. Just an interesting matchup. I'm a Uconn fan but definitely rooting for SC. Just like a lot of players on their team.

Reaction Score
It's such a cool storyline and way to end the season. The question has been is SC this year better than last year's team. It hasn't made much sense. Numbers probably say yes, but the team last year was legendary in their own right. Now this year's team gets to play the squad that defeated last year's team. A heck of a way to conclude the revenge tour?

I like South Carolina in this game, but I think Stuelke is a pretty good matchup for Cardoso in that she runs just as well and is pretty long and athletic. I do think Fulwiley will embrace guarding Clark, but it's hard to see Clark having back to back underwhelming games. Just an interesting matchup. I'm a Uconn fan but definitely rooting for SC. Just like a lot of players on their team.
Stuelke is 6'2, Cardoso is 6'7. Her length will not look as pronounced against Carodza.

Reaction Score
Stuelke is 6'2, Cardoso is 6'7. Her length will not look as pronounced against Carodza.
Sania Feagin is 6’4”, Watkins is 6’3”, Chloe is 6’2”. We will have the bodies to keep up with her.

Reaction Score
Sania Feagin is 6’4”, Watkins is 6’3”, Chloe is 6’2”. We will have the bodies to keep up with her.
I'd take it a step further. We should be able to handle/contain her, especially with Swatkins.

Reaction Score
Go Cocks !
IMG_2098.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89