2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Happy for the team, but this is more of a relief than exultation. Grateful we will never have to play another game with the CC rules.
An era has definitely ended, and for that I am relieved.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to SC on a well deserved NC! It's not easy to get to this level.

As I look back on coaches UConn has dealt with in the past, I see many who have tried to equal our success. First there was Tennessee, with Pat Summit, but that was UConn being the upstarts and to be the Queen, you have to beat the Queen. Once UConn climbed to the top there have been many pretenders to the throne, and all failed in one way or another (some in spectacular fashion). Finally, a coach has come along who is worthy of respect without all the drama/hate/nonsense so many others have brought to the table. Dawn is a wonderful leader of women and should have every UConn fans admiration.

Welcome to the Pleasure Dome :D

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
How did yall $CAR fans celebrate? Im not a SCar fan, but I'm a Staley fan.. so I went to The Fresh Market and got me some Savory BBQ Drumsticks in honor of the Victory
Leftover curry and a glass of wine. I'm looking forward to the parade on Sunday, especially since the parade route is only a 1 block walk from home.

Reaction Score
Off topic a bit - I saw you mention Richland County. Im a fan of the tv show On Patrol Live and Richland County Sherriff's is one of the departments covered. Richland County rarely disappoints on the show lol.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Off topic a bit - I saw you mention Richland County. Im a fan of the tv show On Patrol Live and Richland County Sherriff's is one of the departments covered. Richland County rarely disappoints on the show lol.
I've never seen the show, but I've heard about it. Columbia is in Richland County and the Richland County Sheriff is a big USC WBB fan.

Reaction Score
One of the hosts, Officer Curtis Wilson, up until last year was the hype guy for many Gamecock sporting events, WBB and MBB in particular. But now with his foray into television, which also includes him co-hosting the morning news program of the local ABC affiliate, he doesn't really do it anymore (I recall him showing up for 2 games this year). It's too bad because his replacements for WBB/MBB games could not be more lame.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
One of the hosts, Officer Curtis Wilson, up until last year was the hype guy for many Gamecock sporting events, WBB and MBB in particular. But now with his foray into television, which also includes him co-hosting the morning news program of the local ABC affiliate, he doesn't really do it anymore (I recall him showing up for 2 games this year). It's too bad because his replacements for WBB/MBB games could not be more lame.
Curtis is a good guy and was a great host/Emcee at basketball games.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Doesn't Duke have to come to Columbia next season?

88af795b8e94ffd10ef22cb7407937f186ffa2c6.jpg

Please make it happen.

Reaction Score
I don’t think people outside the Carolina fanbase realize to what a remarkable degree and how suddenly Dawn Staley flipped this program. Just look at our record against longtime SEC programs at the moment we began our current streaks against them.

Current winning streak, series record when streak began:

Alabama: 22, 10-15
Arkansas: 19 of 20, 8-17
Auburn: 15, 15-21
Florida: 16, 8-20
Georgia: 18, 7-33
Kentucky: 19 of 21, 22-33
LSU: 16, 4-22
Miss State: 17 of 20 (Vic), 10-16
Mississippi: 19, 12-17
Tennessee: 9 of 10, 3-48
Vandy: 16, 6-21