2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2 | Page 22 | The Boneyard

2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I need the Liberty to draft some Gamecocks as I'm moving to NYC in a few years and will want to pull for them.

Reaction Score
Kinda random but I was just thinking of
how close SC was to 3peating and having back to back undefeated seasons. Like as much as we talk about parity in the women's game, if Caitlin Clark (and I guess she's the counterargument to some degree)not gone crazy in a final 4 game, would we be talking about parity. Heading into last year's tournament, I remember the word dynasty was being thrown out there. I'm still not sure if I'd call it that but definitely a great run right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
how close SC was to 3peating and having back to back undefeated seasons. Like as much as we talk about parity in the women's game, if Caitlin Clark (and I guess she's the counterargument to some degree) would we be talking about parity. Heading into last year's tournament, I remember the word dynasty was being thrown out there. I'm still not sure if I'd call it that but definitely a great run right now.
Over the past five seasons, we are 167-9. Out of the 4 championships during that 5 year period, we have won two and have been in every final four. Though others pretend to laugh at our garnet banner, we beat UConn, Baylor, Maryland and Vic's Miss St (thrice in going 32-1. Simply put, We ARE the dominate program of the first half of the decade of the 2020. Given the talent level of our players and incoming freshmen, we are likely to remain powerful Even if not dominant for the remainder of the decade.

HOWEVER, The word "dynasty" means more to me than a championship here and there. I would say that we shouldn't be tempted to use the word unless we can claim in 2030 hat we have been the inarguably most dominant program of the 2020s.

Geno, Kim and Vic may have something to say about that and we will probably be playing each of them every year over the next five years.

Reaction Score
how close SC was to 3peating and having back to back undefeated seasons. Like as much as we talk about parity in the women's game, if Caitlin Clark (and I guess she's the counterargument to some degree) would we be talking about parity. Heading into last year's tournament, I remember the word dynasty was being thrown out there. I'm still not sure if I'd call it that but definitely a great run right now.
It's a fair question to ask as I was talking about with a friend this weekend. Personally I still believe there is parity in the NCAAW. Especially with how this season played out for some teams. Look at NC State, initially unranked team ending up in the Final Four. Or USC making the Elite 8 in Coach Gottleib's second season.

It may be a little early to use the "dynasty" term for South Carolina, but it is something to keep an eye on. Looking at some of the rosters for next season, 2024 - 2025 may be saying "hold my beer" to what we saw this past season.

Reaction Score
how close SC was to 3peating and having back to back undefeated seasons. Like as much as we talk about parity in the women's game, if Caitlin Clark (and I guess she's the counterargument to some degree)not gone crazy in a final 4 game, would we be talking about parity. Heading into last year's tournament, I remember the word dynasty was being thrown out there. I'm still not sure if I'd call it that but definitely a great run right now.

It could easily have been five in a row, but unfortunately that is not what happened.

The portal could really set up five or six true contenders this next year , or not.

As it stands USC and Texas are serious and UConn and Notre Dame need a little inside help. UCLA also in the mix.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Attention residents of the Carolinas.

They are offering this deal in Big Carolina over something Little Carolina did? :eek:
Something about this doesn't sit right with me, not too happy about having this deal in NC too. :confused: Plus you have to put in Game Chickens as the promo code :mad:

Will my indignation stop me from picking up a free Cajun Biscuit? Expletive-Deleted No. :rolleyes: Those cajun biscuits are something special.

GLVDqAoW8AAP-Dl.jpeg

Reaction Score

They are offering this deal in Big Carolina over something Little Carolina did? :eek:
Something about this doesn't sit right with me, not too happy about having this deal in NC too. :confused: Plus you have to put in Game Chickens as the promo code :mad:

Will my indignation stop me from picking up a free Cajun Biscuit? Expletive-Deleted No. :rolleyes: Those cajun biscuits are something special.

View attachment 99793

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

View attachment 99793

Well you have to feed the Charlotte folks too, lots of Gamecock fans and alums there.. even if they’re only peppered throughout the rest of the state.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well you have to feed the Charlotte folks too, lots of Gamecock fans and alums there.. even if they’re only peppered throughout the rest of the state.

On a related note. I'm hoping the SCAR vs State matchup in Charlotte in November is on a weekend. That would probably draw at least 15,000 to the Spectrum Center. I might even show up as a neutral fan wearing my Duke T-shirt with "We beat SCAR in 2016-17" written on the back of the shirt.

Reaction Score
On a related note. I'm hoping the SCAR vs State matchup in Charlotte in November is on a weekend. That would probably draw at least 15,000 to the Spectrum Center. I might even show up as a neutral fan wearing my Duke T-shirt with "We beat SCAR in 2016-17" written on the back of the shirt.
Hey, if we can put up a banner you can wear a shirt.

Reaction Score
If I'm Iriafen this makes more sense than Southern Cal or UCLA

Another 6-3 forward????????

If we need a big, we need a post. A center. A bsck to the basket big body. Not a lithe athlete.

Kitts
Watkins
Joyce
Feagan

But, if Dawn says yes. who am I to argue with the Black Queen.

Reaction Score
I was tempted to type South Carolina in the Who’s Winning the transfer portal thread just b/c it’s likely they’re not losing anybody to it. If Dawn can pull off bringing Iriafen in - HOLY CR*P! :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom