WNBA thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

WNBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bust is over the top. And her team keeps changing.

But a high draft choice seems not to have been as successful perhaps as expected.

My question to you: is she playing 22 mpg because the coach doesn’t know how to use her or because of her own physical limitations? I ask this in all innocence. I haven’t seen her play this year.
I've not watched Teaira in the W but pay attention to the numbers put up by she and Vivians. Both have had some good games and both have been scoreless and seemingly ineffective at times. The Fever have made some head scratching draft choices and I'm not sure why Marianne Stanley was given the keys to a young team like this but she was and it's been less than desirable.

I think both players have the potential to be solid contributors in the W but I don't see either making a huge impact or difference for a contender. They are who they are.

Reaction Score
I've not watched Teaira in the W but pay attention to the numbers put up by she and Vivians. Both have had some good games and both have been scoreless and seemingly ineffective at times. The Fever have made some head scratching draft choices and I'm not sure why Marianne Stanley was given the keys to a young team like this but she was and it's been less than desirable.

I think both players have the potential to be solid contributors in the W but I don't see either making a huge impact or difference for a contender. They are who they are.
Indiana's biggest problem is a bad shooter having free reign to shoot anytime. This has been going on for a few years. Until that's fixed they will always be bad.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Amazon Prime is now another carrier of some WNBA games, have the Liberty vs. the Dream today.

It's nice to be able to watch games, but it's bizarre how many different platforms they are using. Facebook, Twitter, now Amazon, CBSSN, hardly any games on the ESPN networks. Have a feeling the league is gonna have a hard time gaining a signifcant amount of new viewers w/ the hodge podge coverage.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Whitcomb has been awesome today. Canning 3's, getting steals, she's everywhere.

Looks like Chennedy got hurt.

Game of runs, but Atlanta has been ahead virtually the whole way. Several ties. NY led very briefly in Q1.

Reaction Score
Amazon Prime is now another carrier of some WNBA games, have the Liberty vs. the Dream today.

It's nice to be able to watch games, but it's bizarre how many different platforms they are using. Facebook, Twitter, now Amazon, CBSSN, hardly any games on the ESPN networks. Have a feeling the league is gonna have a hard time gaining a signifcant amount of new viewers w/ the hodge podge coverage.
Those platforms are more accessible to the population though, otherwise they are just on a local network and through League Pass. More exposure is a good thing. It's not a big deal to just open a different app to watch a game. :) I think the W has gotten pretty good coverage so far.

Reaction Score
I wish they would improve the officiating with all this additional coverage. It's so bad, on average. Calls that literally make no sense too.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Going into OT 82-82. Liberty with some key 3pt shots to make up a 6 pt deficit.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
8-0 run by Lib to take the lead, but Williams w/ a put back to tie it. NY had a chance to win, but Laney tried to go hero and missed. Not really a good game for her overall. OT.

Onyenwere had 21 (career high) in the first half. Hasn't scored as much since but a nice game. Ionescu has been sub par today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OT is ugly. Who wants to win? Only 1 bucket each in 3 1/2 minutes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Both teams hit a 3. NY w/ a chance to go ahead, airball. Courtney Williams drilled a 3, 1.5 sec left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Desperation left handed heave by Ionescu had no chance. ATL wins 90-87.

Absolutely terrible possessions by NY at the end of regulation and OT.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
31 for C. Williams. Onyenwere had 29. Laney had 20, but 4-12 shooting and just not a good game in my eye. Whitcomb had 19, credited w/ 4 steals but I think she totally got short changed there, probably more like 6.

Reaction Score

ESPN networks are currently showing the NCAA softball regionals and NCAA men lacrosse semifinals.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I missed it, Kuier made her debut the last game. In the box score tonight, only 1 minute. Griner having a big game. Mabrey doing her thing again. Merc w/ a slight lead w/ about 5 minutes left in the game.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I missed it, Kuier made her debut the last game. In the box score tonight, only 1 minute. Griner having a big game. Mabrey doing her thing again. Merc w/ a slight lead w/ about 5 minutes left in the game.
Diggins-Smith and Nurse had good games to support Griner, who dominated inside, as you noted. Mabrey and Ogunbowale both had 24, but Mabrey shooting, particularly from 3, was much better than her ND counterpart. Arike got to shoot better, but Dallas really needs presence in the middle. Sabally can't come back soon enough.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Mabrey has never been the most athletic guard, but she is a natural scorer. She could always get a bucket the jersey way. I like that rough edge to her game.

She also led the Wings in rebounding with 8 boards, which is not necessarily a good thing considering she's a wing/big guard. Diggins and Mabrey have always - for better (the team and ND fans) or worse (all else) -- been feisty and competitive. They just happened to run into each other here.

I saw a clip of Arike (ahead of the play), realizing what happened and turning on a dime to head back. Wonder what Bri Turner was thinking, being teammates with Sky? And Kia was just thinking, "those crazy Irish..." :rolleyes: ;)

Reaction Score
Dallas is playing without Sabally and Gray. I think that team can make a playoff push once they return. I still think Arike can be a little more selective with the shots she’s taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom