WNBA thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Question--why is Stephanie Watts playing? She looks awful. Does Chicago literally have nobody else they can play for a few minutes instead of her?
I was told the Sky has 7 players better than Gabby Williams so they must.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They have the worst bench in the WNBA. I think they are waiting for EDD and Meesseman to return. They should sign Lexie Brown for quality bench depth.
Is Meesseman returning this year? I thought she was not playing in the W at all this year.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
They have the worst bench in the WNBA. I think they are waiting for EDD and Meesseman to return. They should sign Lexie Brown for quality bench depth.

Hines Allen (barely) played in her first available action. She'll ramp up and help immensely, particularly on the boards. Is Emma M. doing an Olympics thing with Belgium again? If so, you won't see her for quite some time. And who knows about EDD...

Reaction Score
I love the WNBA, but give me a break with this Curt Miller-Liz Cambage drama. This is one of the reasons why many casual basketball fans dont take the W seriously. Instead of talking about so many compelling storylines so far this season, what’s making headlines is a comment the Sun coach made to a ref about an opposing player’s weight? Any basketball fan/player has heard far worse on any playground in America (or any nba game). I don’t condone his comments, but he gets a suspension and $10k fine? Meanwhile, Cambage has made offensive comments about other players in the past and her IG response to the comments had racist undertones.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So is Liz getting fined and suspended now?

“If there’s one thing about me it’s that I will never let a man disrespect me, ever, ever, ever,” Cambage said. “Especially a little white one.” :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I love the WNBA, but give me a break with this Curt Miller-Liz Cambage drama. This is one of the reasons why many casual basketball fans dont take the W seriously. Instead of talking about so many compelling storylines so far this season, what’s making headlines is a comment the Sun coach made to a ref about an opposing player’s weight? Any basketball fan/player has heard far worse on any playground in America (or any nba game). I don’t condone his comments, but he gets a suspension and $10k fine? Meanwhile, Cambage has made offensive comments about other players in the past and her IG response to the comments had racist undertones.
Liz is working her way quickly out of basketball. She is a chronic complainer, has never won any big championship. She also has gotten called out by the most influential person in Australian Basketball to shut up and play the game.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Liz Cambage: Anti-Bullying Crusader is truly a level of ridiculous I was unprepared for on a Monday.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Back to Basketball, Liberty / Wings in a good one (if you dont count the ridiculous number of Liberty turnovers.) 39-39 at half. Pains me to admit it but Mabrey is really good.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Question--why is Stephanie Watts playing? She looks awful. Does Chicago literally have nobody else they can play for a few minutes instead of her?

She's the only bench wing they have with Quigley out with a hamstring injury. She had some nice moments against Atlanta but yesterday was rough for the Sky's rookies. Keeping Lexie Brown rather than Watts would have given the Sky a better backup option in the short term but James Wade was apparently enamored with Watts' potential.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I was told the Sky has 7 players better than Gabby Williams so they must.
Which of these players is Gabby better than?
Parker
Vandersloot
Copper
DeShields
Stevens
Dolson
Quigley

(I don't think she's better than Hebard or Ndour-Fall, but we can stick to that 7) Maybe she's on a similar level to Diamond based on Diamond's 2020 and start to 2021. But Diamond's first two years were better than anything Gabby has done in the W.

The problem is that Parker is hurt, Dolson is playing 3x3, Quigley is hurt, and Stevens is on a heavy minutes restriction as she returns from an ankle injury.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I don't get why Kiah Stokes isn't getting into these games. Reduced minutes I can understand but ZERO minutes?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Back to Basketball, Liberty / Wings in a good one (if you dont count the ridiculous number of Liberty turnovers.) 39-39 at half. Pains me to admit it but Mabrey is really good.
Looks like NY got some separation in Q3. Even w/ Ionescu not scoring much they are doing fine. Maybe Howard is getting up to speed quickly, 17 pts on 5-8 shooting.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wings made a run, but Lib pulling away again. Up 8 w/ 1:23 left.

edit--Ionescu was sandbaggin', she had 5 pts. a few minutes ago, now has 13, also 9 rebounds. Laney leading them again w/ 22.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Mabrey with 21 pts, 7 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl. She was being talked about as a potential training-camp cut!

Arike is 4-17. Hard to win games that way. She still has that aspect to her game that when she is off, she is OFF.

I questioned the Laney signing because they gave max money to a player who had a career year in the wubble after having never been nearly as good as that before. Somehow, she is even better so far this year. It's just nuts what she's doing.

Reaction Score
Wings made a run, but Lib pulling away again. Up 8 w/ 1:23 left.

edit--Ionescu was sandbaggin', she had 5 pts. a few minutes ago, now has 13, also 9 rebounds. Laney leading them again w/ 22.
Ionescu has 15 pts now, 9 rebs, 3 asts ...

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I am praying Howard is ok. Went out with some knee injury.
Howard's injury is the only reason why Kiah Stokes got on the floor. As expected, she played well defensively (and was therefore essential to the Liberty holding its late lead), but she contributed zilch offensively. That is probably why she will sit a lot once Howard returns.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Howard's injury is the only reason why Kiah Stokes got on the floor. As expected, she played well defensively (and was therefore essential to the Liberty holding its late lead), but she contributed zilch offensively. That is probably why she will sit a lot once Howard returns.

Tough to contribute offensively when you come in for the first time at the 5 minute mark. And she was going for a shot but got fouled prior. She has scored in past years and given the chance she will do so again, but she does not have that aggressive offensive mindset. No reason she can't contribute important minutes though.

Reaction Score
They weren’t just racist “undertones”, they were overtones!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Cambage’s response was racist and sexist.

It was far far far worse than millers.

This is a laughably bad job by the WNBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom