WNBA -- 2023 Season | Page 59 | The Boneyard

WNBA -- 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sure there is a middle of the pack group, but man, too many teams were assumed to be unable to compete this season. It seems like Vegas is really the only team head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

Dallas looks to have figured a few things out. Atlanta seems to have finally figured out how to beat the teams they're supposed to with their 7 game win streak. Washington has regressed due to the injury bug. Connecticut, head scratching loss to the Mercury.

This season hasn't been boring that's for sure.
Absolutely

Reaction Score
I'm really worried about Shepard. She's been out over a month with a "non-covid illness".

Did anyone who saw the game see her on the bench? That would at least indicate that she's not flat on her back and might be working on returning.

Cripes. This is bad to say, but I forgot about her. Wasn't putting in much focus on the benches last night. Sorry, no insight from my end here.

Reaction Score
Cripes. This is bad to say, but I forgot about her. Wasn't putting in much focus on the benches last night. Sorry, no insight from my end here.
New York needs Dolson back Sabally is useless, as a back up off the bench.
Rather then suspending Han Yu, they need to get rid of Sabally 6 fouls in 10 minutes.
We are halfway through the season and there is really nothing positive about her game.
They should have kept Kone, she at least is young enough to get better.

Reaction Score
New York needs Dolson back Sabally is useless, as a back up off the bench.
Rather then suspending Han Yu, they need to get rid of Sabally 6 fouls in 10 minutes.
We are halfway through the season and there is really nothing positive about her game.
They should have kept Kone, she at least is young enough to get better.

I'm biased because I've been a fan of Kone before she was drafted, but I agree that they should have kept her. In Sabally's case, I want to put this in the "baptism by fire" category but it's not possible. Hoping a light bulb goes off soon.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The top team is clearly Las Vegas. They have what could be a future Hall of Fame starting five. There is a big gap after them!

Stewie is putting up big numbers, but I don't think N.Y. as a team can compete. Dallas may match up with Vegas as well as anyone.

Reaction Score
I hear you. Thought Carleton was going to make more of an impact this season after her performance at the World Cup and Spain. I'm scratching my head as to what's going on. Also perplexed on Engstler and Traylor's playing time. Traylor showed well when she was at Chicago and I think she can help defensively. Dorka has been solid but I do wish she got some more touches. Four doesn't cut it.

Was anything said about Miller after the game? She didn't play much and I recall the Atlanta commentators mentioning she was on the bench but it wasn't clear if she was dealing with an injury. Hope she's okay.
Yeah, this whole season has been perplexing. Like you, I was hoping to see Carleton take huge strides into becoming a major player in the W this season, especially after watching how she played in the World Cup. Totally shocked by Carleton's performance as well as a host of player this season. Then you throw in the lack of playing time for Engstler and Traylor. Or the injuries to Shep, Powers, and who knows else is injured. I didn't see Banham on the bench either. This whole season has been interesting.

Reaction Score
I'm really worried about Shepard. She's been out over a month with a "non-covid illness".

Did anyone who saw the game see her on the bench? That would at least indicate that she's not flat on her back and might be working on returning.
I didn't see Shep on the bench. Like you, I am worried about Shep. Same with Powers. Her ankle injury was before Miller's.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
The top team is clearly Las Vegas. They have what could be a future Hall of Fame starting five. There is a big gap after them!

Stewie is putting up big numbers, but I don't think N.Y. as a team can compete. Dallas may match up with Vegas as well as anyone.
Dallas now has victories against both Vegas AND New York (and three losses to LA, because why not!?)

Two turnovers in a game (ZERO after the first quarter) is pretty remarkable. That's how you end up getting 10 more shots than your opponent.

Reaction Score
Dallas now has victories against both Vegas AND New York (and three losses to LA, because why not!?)

Two turnovers in a game (ZERO after the first quarter) is pretty remarkable. That's how you end up getting 10 more shots than your opponent.
"Because why not?"......that has me chuckling. Feels like it should be the theme for a WNBA season where predictability is non-existent.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Phoenix on a hot streak, 2 in a row. They've nearly caught up to Chicago. No DT and not a big game again for Griner. They got a bunch of scoring from their bench.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Did anybody know the Aces picked up Ashley Joens? I never heard anything about it. She was suited up but didn't play tonight.

Seattle made it interesting, cut a 24 point deficit down to 7, but then stalled out. Rough night for Loyd. Held the Aces under 80 for only the third time this season, but couldn't score nearly enough themselves. Young, Wilson and Plum all scored 20 or more. Wilson with another double-double, she's getting really close to that all time record.

Gabby played, I think it was her season debut. Started. Sent Nurse to the bench.

Reaction Score
Did anybody know the Aces picked up Ashley Joens? I never heard anything about it. She was suited up but didn't play tonight.
She was signed to an emergency hardship contract on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
Minny leads LA by 17 at the half.

Star of the game: 14/6/3/2 for Dorka on 6-6 shooting.
What a game and the way Dorka was being aggressive and knocking down shots, I thought she was going to drop 32 points! But that game had a lot of emotions. Up 20, down 5, and then come back to get the win down the stretch. Phee took over in that come back.

Reaction Score
What a game and the way Dorka was being aggressive and knocking down shots, I thought she was going to drop 32 points! But that game had a lot of emotions. Up 20, down 5, and then come back to get the win down the stretch. Phee took over in that come back.
Was thinking how you were reacting to the game when watching it. They didn't want to make it easy for Lynx fans last night!

Reaction Score
Phoenix on a hot streak, 2 in a row. They've nearly caught up to Chicago. No DT and not a big game again for Griner. They got a bunch of scoring from their bench.
Unfortunately this might be very very revealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom