WNBA -- 2023 Season | Page 58 | The Boneyard

WNBA -- 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My goodness. They took the no D in an All Star game to a new level.

Both teams attempted just shy of 70 3 pointers. That is not a misprint.
Yeah. They really did take not playing defense to another level. They were out there letting them shots fly. LOL

Reaction Score
Yeah. They really did take not playing defense to another level. They were out there letting them shots fly. LOL
Thats what happens when there are zero stakes...

I wonder if some of that commissioner cup money could be used to give the winning all-star team a bonus. At least then there will be somewhat of a desire to actually perform. That also may get butts in seats because fans will want to see their idols showing out against the best. Right now we just get a glorified practice.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
As a fan of the WNBA, this is the part of the league that I dislike. Just reminds me of the days of working for a Temp agency.
I hope Henny can find a good team overseas and break out in the off season. She has so much talent but at her size she has to execute close to perfectly to make a consistent impact in the league. I'd love for Crystal Dangerfield to take her under her wing, because she's managed to carve out a great lane for herself, notwithstanding her physical stature.

Reaction Score
I hope Henny can find a good team overseas and break out in the off season. She has so much talent but at her size she has to execute close to perfectly to make a consistent impact in the league. I'd love for Crystal Dangerfield to take her under her wing, because she's managed to carve out a great lane for herself, notwithstanding her physical stature.
Me too. Henny’s one of those players I wouldn’t be surprised to see have a breakout season in the future if she can land in the right place.

Speaking of Dangerfield, I’m also not surprised to see she’s having success in the league after an uneven few seasons. I always thought she was one of UConn’s most underrated players in the era since their last title.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I thought my beloved Minnesota Lynx was going to pull off a win. Got within two points of Atlanta and just could not close out the game. Phee had a monster game. Dorka continues to get rebounds and makes decent decisions out there. Not too bad of a performance out there. I just wish that we had shot makers out there. We got some shooters. Just not shot makers. We got the Sparks on deck. See what develops in that one. Congrats, Atlanta on continuing their winning streak.

Reaction Score
I thought my beloved Minnesota Lynx was going to pull off a win. Got within two points of Atlanta and just could not close out the game. Phee had a monster game. Dorka continues to get rebounds and makes decent decisions out there. Not too bad of a performance out there. I just wish that we had shot makers out there. We got some shooters. Just not shot makers. We got the Sparks on deck. See what develops in that one. Congrats, Atlanta on continuing their winning streak.
I hear you. Thought Carleton was going to make more of an impact this season after her performance at the World Cup and Spain. I'm scratching my head as to what's going on. Also perplexed on Engstler and Traylor's playing time. Traylor showed well when she was at Chicago and I think she can help defensively. Dorka has been solid but I do wish she got some more touches. Four doesn't cut it.

Was anything said about Miller after the game? She didn't play much and I recall the Atlanta commentators mentioning she was on the bench but it wasn't clear if she was dealing with an injury. Hope she's okay.

Reaction Score
Phoenix beat Connecticut. And Griner and Taurasi didn't even have particularly big games. Who woulda thunk it.
Mercury played down to their usual level. It was the Sun who were stunning in their season low for scoring output. Aside from Bonner no one on the team played with much energy enthusiasm or passion. Thomas in particular really looked tired which was surprising to given the all-star break. The Sun scored 83 and 85 on their earlier West Coast trip to Cali although they did have Jones.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Lions are the team Kiki Herbert Harrigan played for last season, winning MVP of the league’s championship. The two may be teammates if Kiki returns.
Based on this tweet, back in June, I dont think Kiki will be back.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dallas 98 v. New York 88 at Barclay's. Dallas had only 2 turnovers! Stewie and Arike had 25 points each. Crystal had 9/2/7/1/1 and 0 turnovers.

Both Atlanta and Dallas have moved past Washington in the standings.

Reaction Score
Dallas 98 v. New York 88 at Barclay's. Dallas had only 2 turnovers! Stewie and Arike had 25 points each. Crystal had 9/2/7/1/1 and 0 turnovers.

Both Atlanta and Dallas have moved past Washington in the standings.

So is NY a super team anymore? Can we all stop with this "NY, Vegas and everybody else" talking point now?

Sure there is a middle of the pack group, but man, too many teams were assumed to be unable to compete this season. It seems like Vegas is really the only team head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

Dallas looks to have figured a few things out. Atlanta seems to have finally figured out how to beat the teams they're supposed to with their 7 game win streak. Washington has regressed due to the injury bug. Connecticut, head scratching loss to the Mercury.

This season hasn't been boring that's for sure.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I hear you. Thought Carleton was going to make more of an impact this season after her performance at the World Cup and Spain. I'm scratching my head as to what's going on. Also perplexed on Engstler and Traylor's playing time. Traylor showed well when she was at Chicago and I think she can help defensively. Dorka has been solid but I do wish she got some more touches. Four doesn't cut it.

Was anything said about Miller after the game? She didn't play much and I recall the Atlanta commentators mentioning she was on the bench but it wasn't clear if she was dealing with an injury. Hope she's okay.
I'm really worried about Shepard. She's been out over a month with a "non-covid illness".

Did anyone who saw the game see her on the bench? That would at least indicate that she's not flat on her back and might be working on returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom