WNBA -- 2023 Season | Page 20 | The Boneyard

WNBA -- 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like Jackie Young, Jewell Loyd, and Brianna Turner of the ND alums. I've never cared for the players with attitude, especially the Mabreys.
I can’t believe I forgot Bri Turner. Add her to my list as well.

Reaction Score
I probably didn't do a great job in phrasing the question, so I will give 2 examples from last year that don't apply this year, because the players are no longer WNBA teammates. Stewie (now with NY) and Lloyd were teammates for Seattle and played against each other in the 2014 Natty Championship and Ty Harris (now with CT) and Big T were Dallas teammates and played against each other in the '17 finals. I counted 4 current examples.
Arike and McCowan

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I probably didn't do a great job in phrasing the question, so I will give 2 examples from last year that don't apply this year, because the players are no longer WNBA teammates. Stewie (now with NY) and Lloyd were teammates for Seattle and played against each other in the 2014 Natty Championship and Ty Harris (now with CT) and Big T were Dallas teammates and played against each other in the '17 finals. I counted 4 current examples.
Also 2015, right?

Reaction Score

KML and Jewel Lloyd

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If I read you correctly:
Arike (Notre Dame) and Big T (Miss. State) played against each other in the 2018 Finals.
Arike (ND) and Kalani Brown (Baylor) played against each other in the 2019 Finals.

I can think of a few semi-final matchups (Lynx: Jess Shepard of ND and Napheesa Collier of UConn), but you're after the NC pairings.

Reaction Score
If I read you correctly:
Arike (Notre Dame) and Big T (Miss. State) played against each other in the 2018 Finals.
Arike (ND) and Kalani Brown (Baylor) played against each other in the 2019 Finals.

I can think of a few semi-final matchups (Lynx: Jess Shepard of ND and Napheesa Collier of UConn), but you're after the NC pairings.
A couple of extremely memorable final's moments in general and for Arike.

McCowan/Ogunbowale was previously mentioned, so we are now halfway home. Nice

Reaction Score
A couple of extremely memorable final's moments in general and for Arike.

McCowan/Ogunbowale was previously mentioned, so we are now halfway home. Nice
I’m thinking Kia Nurse and Jewel Loyd may have matched up in a NC game. (This trivia has my wheels spinning)

Reaction Score
This is gonna be a long season for Chicago. James Wade traded away next year’s first-round pick, so no lottery pick to look forward to.

Reaction Score
I've always liked Lauren Cox. She was like a physical, defensive center who could do all the little things, especially with passing, in college. Now 4 years post graduating and she's kinda changed her game. Shoots a lot more from the outside, atleast overseas. I still want to see her get a real shot but that's the W for you.

Reaction Score
I've always liked Lauren Cox. She was like a physical, defensive center who could do all the little things, especially with passing, in college. Now 4 years post graduating and she's kinda changed her game. Shoots a lot more from the outside, atleast overseas. I still want to see her get a real shot but that's the W for you.
I feel horribly for her and it doesn't seem to be wise, but she has had multiple opportunities in different environments. I'm sure the coaches know her college and overseas attributes as well as her personality -- we are not at practice is the only thing that I can say with a lot of these???

Amazing how there is only 1 starter from the '19 championship team still in the league and she (Kalani) is hanging on by a thread after being waived multiple times.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. Her perimeter defense was so strong. Dana and Koné will have to step up with Copper having to do a lot of what Gardner did
By the end of the year Kone will be the 1st player off the bench or starting.
At 20 years old she has the it factor, just needs the playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom