OT: - Wimbledon | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Wimbledon

Reaction Score
Kinda crazy story.. not even two years ago my fiancé and I went to the Winston Salem Open in Winston Salem, NC. It’s held the week before the US Open so almost none of the big name guys play in it since its between Cincy (ATP 1000) and the US Open. Alcaraz was the fifteen seed in the tournament.

We saw him lose in straight sets in the semis to a guy that I'm pretty sure isn’t even playing on the tour anymore - Mikal Ymer. Went to the hotel after the match and he was just sitting alone in the lobby eating grocery store sushi by himself and nobody even knew who he was.

Now he’s the Wimbledon champion. Just a ridiculous rise from almost two years ago to today. Congratulations to him- so likable and easy to cheer for
Grocery store sushi anywhere is a gambit, especially in Winston-Salem. I think it was Food Lion that bleached steak & hamburger back in the day, so can't imagine what they might do to keep sushi 'fresh'.

But I guess surviving that meal is now his 2nd most impressive accomplishment.

Reaction Score
Grocery store sushi anywhere is a gambit, especially in Winston-Salem. I think it was Food Lion that bleached steak & hamburger back in the day, so can't imagine what they might do to keep sushi 'fresh'.

But I guess surviving that meal is now his 2nd most impressive accomplishment.
Actually Publix Sushi here in Florida is not too bad. $5 special on Wednesdays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom