OT: - Wimbledon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Wimbledon

Reaction Score
Anyone watching the final? Novak cruised in the first set but Carlos has settled in in the second, up 6-5 on serve. Djoker serving coming out of this changeover to try to send it to a second set tiebreaker
Weird seeing Djokovic miss the easy backhand on set point and then miss another easy backhand. Now we have a match.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Weird seeing Djokovic miss the easy backhand on set point and then miss another easy backhand. Now we have a match.
Time to settle in. This is gonna be a great one.

Novak had one 15 straight tiebreaks in majors prior to that second set one. What a winner from Alcaraz on set point

Reaction Score
Time to settle in. This is gonna be a great one.

Novak had one 15 straight tiebreaks in majors prior to that second set one. What a winner from Alcaraz on set point

Djoker is so good in tiebreakers. Hurkazc in 4th round had a 6-3 lead in the 2nd set tiebreaker and the proceeded to lose it 8-6

Drew

Reaction Score
We are currently on the TWELFTH deuce of this game at 3-1 in the third set. This is INSANE

Drew

Reaction Score
Alcaraz breaks with ease and takes the third 6-1. Are we about to see Novak go down? I’ve never seen him this shook in a match before. He looks like he’s out of answers

Reaction Score
Wow. Alcaraz up two sets to one. Many unforced errors by Novak IMO.

Don’t these guys sweat? Their hair is perfect after 3 sets. I believe it is 70 or so there.

Just said that to my wife. I don’t watch a ton of tennis but these guys have been playing for 3 hours plus and no signs of perspiration. They’re in pretty decent shape lol.

Alcaraz is a cat out there, amazingly quick to the ball.

Reaction Score
Just said that to my wife. I don’t watch a ton of tennis but these guys have been playing for 3 hours plus and no signs of perspiration. They’re in pretty decent shape lol.

Alcaraz is a car out there, amazingly quick to the ball.
Agree. I can’t walk a block without a bit of perspiration but I’m not in shape.

Drew

Reaction Score
What a break by Novak. Are we headed to a fifth set?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Alcarez with a great second and third game in fifth set. Was down break point in the second game and came back to hold serve and just broke Joker in game 3.

He is really moving Djokovic arounf the court and controlling the flow of the rallies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Master of the obvious but Alcarez is the present and the future for men's tennis.

There's a ton of athleticism and skill in his game and it looks like it olays well on different surfaces.

Reaction Score
Master of the obvious but Alcarez is the present and the future for men's tennis.

There's a ton of athleticism and skill in his game and it looks like it olays well on different surfaces.
I’m impressed with his drop shots and speed and quickness. Of course he is 20.

As an aside, Kate looks good as well.

Reaction Score
Alcarez with a great second and third game in fifth set. Was down break point in the second game and came back to hold serve and just broke Joker in game 3.

He is really moving Djokovic arounf the court and controlling the flow of the rallies.
It's Alcaraz. I wanted Djokovic but happy for Alcaraz.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Classic Novak leaving the court after getting worked in that third set. I hate this dude’s guts
He is very difficult to like but he warrants a ton of credit for his game.

I will say however, I'm not sure he'd have the most grand slam titles if Andy Murray remained healthy. The two are basically identical age and Murray was the better grass court player. It is very feasible to believe two or three if Djokovic's Wimbledon finals over the past half dozen years would have been Murray's.

Reaction Score

I will say however, I'm not sure he'd have the most grand slam titles if Andy Murray remained healthy. The two are basically identical age and Murray was the better grass court player. It is very feasible to believe two or three if Djokovic's Wimbledon finals over the past half dozen years would have been Murray's.
Difficult to like but gracious in defeat.

Reaction Score

He's just about the most likable athlete there is, IMO. Eloquent, always gives the nicest praise to his competitors, and he's an absolute killer on the court mentally and physically.

He's had to go through the second and third best players ever and he was banned from grand slams. If anything his grand slams total should be higher.

Drew

Reaction Score
Kinda crazy story.. not even two years ago my fiancé and I went to the Winston Salem Open in Winston Salem, NC. It’s held the week before the US Open so almost none of the big name guys play in it since its between Cincy (ATP 1000) and the US Open. Alcaraz was the fifteen seed in the tournament.

We saw him lose in straight sets in the semis to a guy that I'm pretty sure isn’t even playing on the tour anymore - Mikal Ymer. Went to the hotel after the match and he was just sitting alone in the lobby eating grocery store sushi by himself and nobody even knew who he was.

Now he’s the Wimbledon champion. Just a ridiculous rise from almost two years ago to today. Congratulations to him- so likable and easy to cheer for

Reaction Score

Wouldnt surprise me to see Alcarez GS totals be up there with the Big 3 in 10 years (if he stays healthy). He's got game that translates on all surfaces. I also dont see a "peer rival" in similar age right now. He could own tennis.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wouldnt surprise me to see Alcarez GS totals be up there with the Big 3 in 10 years (if he stays healthy). He's got game that translates on all surfaces. I also dont see a "peer rival" in similar age right now. He could own tennis.

I kept noticing how powerful Alcaraz's thighs looked. He had some massive legs.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Difficult to like but gracious in defeat.
Well put. I’ve never watched an entire tennis match until today, and one of my takeaways was that he was a whiney baby. Very well spoken in defeat though. Is he the villain in tennis?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom