OT: Will the Yankees make the playoffs?

Will the Yankees make the playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 77 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 39 33.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Yankees win clutch game without a single jack.

Next!!
Ya see what I was trying to do there. Kudos to Lasagna for getting out of that bases loaded no out jam. He won’t be available until the weekend. Would be nice for the lineup to put up some more runs. I have a feeling Eovaldi will be throwing 7 innings tonight.

Reaction Score
Amen, that’s what I’m talking about. I think the Steinbrenner’s like Cashman. Keeps a “winning team” and spends under the salary cap. We’ll see if they renew his contract, obviously that’ll be most telling.
I think Hal is more interested in P&L than winning. If they can win under budget great, but being good enough to keep fans in the seats and a good bottom line seems fine to him. George only cared about winning…budget be damned. He did a lot of foolish stuff, but he wanted to win….bad

Ironically, with the YES streaming issues, I haven’t watched a Yankees game this year. ‍♂️ Pretty soon I won’t care if they win or loose

Reaction Score
As a Yankees fan, when you combine the way they are playing right now with the volume/quality of players coming from injury/covid, there's no reason why not to be confident. Their just 1.5 games back from the Wild Card and the division is within reach.
Your right. That other wild card link I posted doesn’t update automatically.

1 game now!

Reaction Score
Ironically, with the YES streaming issues, I haven’t watched a Yankees game this year. ‍♂️ Pretty soon I won’t care if they win or loose
Me too. I have Roku, do I catch them on Amazon Prime and the major channels when on YouTubeTV. Pissed when YouTubeTV dropped YES. I read a ton about them and listen to two ours of BronxPinstripes each week, I’m more ap to do that than watch them on tv anyways.

Check out The Bronx Pinstripes Show - Yankees MLB Podcast
The Bronx Pinstripes Show - Yankees MLB Podcast on Stitcher

Reaction Score
Changed my vote after the win this afternoon. If they take the double header they have a lot of momentum and get in.

Reaction Score
As an Angles fan, Cole got all kinds of calls yesterday against the Angels in that 2-1 win. There were at least 8 or 9 balls that were balls got called strikes by the ump for Cole, so that certainly helped the Yankees. They really need to start using robo umps in the league cause the game yesterday was ridiculous.

Anyway, if Angels get Trout back, they could be a threat too. The wild card will come down to A's, Boston, Blue Jays, Yankees, and maybe Angels (probably wishful thinking) if their new young bullpen can be half competent. Both Ohtani and Trout deserve better.

Reaction Score
As an Angles fan, Cole got all kinds of calls yesterday against the Angels in that 2-1 win. There were at least 8 or 9 balls that were balls got called strikes by the ump for Cole, so that certainly helped the Yankees. They really need to start using robo umps in the league cause the game yesterday was ridiculous.

Anyway, if Angels get Trout back, they could be a threat too. The wild card will come down to A's, Boston, Blue Jays, Yankees, and maybe Angels (probably wishful thinking) if their new young bullpen can be half competent. Both Ohtani and Trout deserve better.
The Angels are 10 games out of the wild card right now, gonna need a ton of luck to even get in the conversation

Reaction Score
The Angels are 10 games out of the wild card right now, gonna need a ton of luck to even get in the conversation
Yeah, odd post about the Angels. Angles are dead..under 500, 10 out with 42 to go and have to climb over a bunch of teams.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah, odd post about the Angels. Angles are dead..under 500, 10 out with 42 to go and have to climb over a bunch of teams.

The angles have really successfully wasted trout’s peak

Reaction Score

Not wrong about the Cole game.

20210817_200353.jpg

Reaction Score
Thought the Yankees would’ve pushed harder to get Ohtani, grabbing a premium Asian player opens up a huge revenue source for selling the YES network, jerseys, etc. Matusui, Irabu, Tanaka, Ichiro, and Wang = $$$$$$. I can see why Ohtani wanted to play closer to home for travel purposes.

Reaction Score

Ok we get.

Reaction Score
Ya see what I was trying to do there. Kudos to Lasagna for getting out of that bases loaded no out jam. He won’t be available until the weekend. Would be nice for the lineup to put up some more runs. I have a feeling Eovaldi will be throwing 7 innings tonight.
Ok we get.

8 or 9 is whining. There were a couple no doubters I agree but it’s both ways always. Just one guys a more quality pitcher than others sometime. Evoldi has gotten a couple tonight so did Gil.

Reaction Score
Well well well…assuming the white sox hold on, the Yanks will be in 1st in the WC.

And Gil is now the first starter in MLB history to have 3 scoreless starts in his first 3 games.

Yankees are only getting better when Kluber, Gleyber, Rizzo, Holmes, Chapman, and Urshela come back. They have a good shot at taking the division

Reaction Score
Higgy hitting .170. Volt starting to hit but Rizzo coming back. What to do?

Reaction Score
Higgy hitting .170. Volt starting to hit but Rizzo coming back. What to do?
Rizzo to 1st, Voit DH. Stanton can play the OF and on rest days he can DH. They’ll figure it out

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As a Yankee fan since my childhood, I think they make the playoffs. Getting Rizzo and Gallo has improved the lineup. Moving Judge from batting second to third in the order has been the best move. Look at his production since the move. He never should have been hitting second. Pitching will be questionable the rest of the way. Potential is there.

The negatives, Cashman and Boone. I have not been a fan of Boone since he was hired. Mediocre at best. Relies way to much on the analytics. Has no feel for the game. He relies too much on the same pitchers in the pen. Outside of Chapman, bull pen roles have not been defined clearly.

Cashman's time has passed. He's been GM since 1998. He runs it all by the analytics, from the minors right up to the big team. Team stays competitive enough for a playoff run but not to win it all. Problem is Hal Steinbrenner is not his father. More concerned with keeping the budget under the cap. Has already given Cashman a vote of confidence.

I have no idea who should be the next GM. But I sure would look to the front office of the Rays. They run probably the best organization in baseball for the cheapest owner while playing in a dump called the Trop! David Cash is three times the manager Boone is or ever will be.

BTGW - my wife is a die hard Red Sox fan!!

Reaction Score
I mean long way to go let’s not get crazy. Wade killed Gil not making that easy play on the groundball and then gave the Sox another chance when he bobbled the DP ball from DJ. Never make it easy to finish do they? Although Green was clean in the 9th.

The Sox has Yanks-disease leaving people on base just needed one big hit. No matter nice wins will be huge if somehow Heany throws one of his better, but not expecting a sweep.

Reaction Score
It really is a shame for one of this generations great players.
Trout has been hurt most of the year. Ohtani who is the best pitcher and hitter by far on the team been carrying the team on his back on his own. I am seriously surprised Ohtani doesn't have a back problem lol literally playing every single day. He needs Trout back for some protection cause teams are walking him left and right to avoid him. Fans want to see Ohtani hit 450 feet homeruns.
Tomorrow he is pitching and leading off again.

Yankees improved a ton by getting Rizzo and Gallo. It will be very tough contest down the stretch. It will be fun to watch to see which team comes out of this group.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If it’s reduced to rubble it will be an ugly stadium looking like Fenway. That would suck!
It already was reduced to rubble and now it has rec fields on it. The new stadium pretending to be Yankee Stadium has no soul.

Reaction Score
I mean long way to go let’s not get crazy. Wade killed Gil not making that easy play on the groundball and then gave the Sox another chance when he bobbled the DP ball from DJ. Never make it easy to finish do they? Although Green was clean in the 9th.

The Sox has Yanks-disease leaving people on base just needed one big hit. No matter nice wins will be huge if somehow Heany throws one of his better, but not expecting a sweep.
Was that an error? Should have been.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom