OT: Will the Yankees make the playoffs?

Will the Yankees make the playoffs?

• Yes

Votes: 77 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 39 33.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
That's a tough question. Their pickups have seemed to change the mind set of the team, and they are playing well. However, this team always seems to get injuries at the worst time, and Boone is not a great manager, so it's a coin flip IMO. And if they do, do they have the pitching (bullpen included) to go far anyway? I think they are more built for the season than a deep playoff run.

Reaction Score
As a Yankees fan, when you combine the way they are playing right now with the volume/quality of players coming from injury/covid, there's no reason why not to be confident. Their just 1.5 games back from the Wild Card and the division is within reach.

Reaction Score
As a Yankees fan, when you combine the way they are playing right now with the volume/quality of players coming from injury/covid, there's no reason why not to be confident. Their just 1.5 games back from the Wild Card and the division is within reach.
Only two AL Wild Card Teams this year, Yanks are 3.5 games out of the wild card as of today.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20210817-115202.png

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
If they win both today against Red Sox and a’s lose, it is a three way tie for 1st wild card.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I went to the Saturday and Sunday games out here in Chicago. If Gallo gets /stays hot I think the Yanks are in for sure. Bullpen is still messy but they did well yesterday.

Reaction Score
The rotation is still pretty suspect. Cole and Monty back helps, but we need German and Kluber (Sevy is definitely out for the rest of year after this latest MRI). We can't keep getting lucky with Gil because his minor league stats stink so eventually he'll get hit. And Heaney is the worst pitcher I have ever seen in my life, that guy doesn't even belong on a minor league roster he is so so so bad

Reaction Score
My heart says YES.
My head says NO!
It seems like it's been years since they've been able to get all of their best players on the field and playing at the same time.

Reaction Score
If my prayers are answered then no, they will not make the playoffs and Yankee Stadium will blow up and be reduced to rubble. :)

Reaction Score
Well see the biggest threat to the Yankees is Boone and Cashman. Should’ve swept the White Sox, Green and Britton tried to get the Yankees swept. Need to give the younger guys out of the pen an advanced role Green and Britton need to be moved down in the pecking order, Britton isn’t even an mlb reliever any more, just doesn’t have it anymore.

Reaction Score
The rotation is still pretty suspect. Cole and Monty back helps, but we need German and Kluber (Sevy is definitely out for the rest of year after this latest MRI). We can't keep getting lucky with Gil because his minor league stats stink so eventually he'll get hit. And Heaney is the worst pitcher I have ever seen in my life, that guy doesn't even belong on a minor league roster he is so so so bad

Your really going by his minor league stats what in AAA where he maybe had one bad inning, he’s got filthy stuff I’ll take my chances with inexperience. Heaney is a Cashman dumpster diving product a disgrace to have him start games in the month of August.

Reaction Score
Well see the biggest threat to the Yankees is Boone and Cashman. Should’ve swept the White Sox, Green and Britton tried to get the Yankees swept. Need to give the younger guys out of the pen an advanced role Green and Britton need to be moved down in the pecking order, Britton isn’t even an mlb reliever any more, just doesn’t have it anymore.
Pretty big strikeout by Britton in a pressure moment yesterday. Dude has been beset by injuries all year. His confidence is definitely rock bottom, although he did plead unsuccessfully with TheBabysitter to let him go back out the next inning. I’m not ready to write him off just yet.

Reaction Score
Cashman hasn’t won anything since George died, Cashman’s contract is up at the end of 2022. Boone’s contract is up this year. With our ability to spend, would love to see Billy Bean on the staff as a part of the analytics team. Wishful thinking. Get rid of Boone and bring back Buck Showalter. Wishful thinking again, he’s old school and tends not to get along well with upper-management.

Reaction Score
Cashman hasn’t won anything since George died, Cashman’s contract is up at the end of 2022. Boone’s contract is up this year. With our ability to spend, would love to see Billy Bean on the staff as a part of the analytics team. Wishful thinking. Get rid of Boone and bring back Buck Showalter. Wishful thinking again, he’s old school and tends not to get along well with upper-management.
Yeah don't think Billy Beane is going to be doing that. He's got much bigger ambitions at this point in his career.

Reaction Score
They are getting their pitchers back, Cole last night, Montgomery today. That will make a huge difference.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I think they get in.

Their rotation will probably hold up better than Boston’s down the stretch

But it’s such a small sample that who the heck knows

Any team can look good for 20-40 games

Reaction Score
Cashman hasn’t won anything since George died, Cashman’s contract is up at the end of 2022. Boone’s contract is up this year
Cash won a couple of WS with teams built by Stick and Watson, then bought a WS in 09. He lets Girardi go and His chosen boy has proven to be a very mediocre manager IMO.

He’s done nothing the past 12 years.
Could you imagine if Beane or the the Rays GM had Cashmans budget??

Reaction Score
This team looks like they have an allergic reaction in the clutch.

Reaction Score
Cash won a couple of WS with teams built by Stick and Watson, then bought a WS in 09. He lets Girardi go and His chosen boy has proven to be a very mediocre manager IMO.

He’s done nothing the past 12 years.
Could you imagine if Beane or the the Rays GM had Cashmans budget??
Amen, that’s what I’m talking about. I think the Steinbrenner’s like Cashman. Keeps a “winning team” and spends under the salary cap. We’ll see if they renew his contract, obviously that’ll be most telling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom