Will South Carolina run it back and go undefeated in 2024-25? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will South Carolina run it back and go undefeated in 2024-25?

Will South Carolina go undefeated in 2024-25?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
It’s all up to Dawn being able to continue to convince her recruits to sacrifice their individual egos for the greater good of winning a NC. Dawn will have her endorsement deals. Will any of her players?
She’s done a magnificent job of creating an unselfish culture. If everybody comes back and/or she can augment leavers with the same quality athletes. They could easily win it all next year.

Reaction Score
considering the OOC schedule we play coupled with the SEC adding a preseason top 5 caliber team in Texas, it will be hard to go undefeated again. With so many great teams returning key players, either from injury or due to the last covid year, next year the goal is get back to the final four & give yourself a chance to repeat.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Straight up, will South Carolina pull off another undefeated season in 2024-25? They have the most athletic and balanced roster in the country and everyone is back besides Cardoso:

Projected starters:
Ashlyn Watkins
Chloe Kitts
Bree Hall
Tehina Pao Pao
Raven Johnson

Bench:
Milaysia Fulwiley
Tessa Johnson
Sania Feagin
Adhel Tac
Joyce Edwards
Madisen McDaniel

They had some close calls this year but should be even better next year, keeping almost the full rotation in tact and bring in a strong recruiting class. I see them as a dominant interior team with Watkins filling Cardoso's shoes well, and I'd also look for continued improvement from their other young players like Kitts, both Johnsons and Fulwiley, all of whom were brilliant today. I'll get the ball rolling and vote yes, I do think they'll go undefeated, but am curious to see what everyone else predicts.

If UConn's Breanna Steward teams didn't go back-back undefeated, then I don't see South Carolina doing it.

Reaction Score
Watkins is the clear choice to replace Cardoso as a starter. Rewatch the SC-UCONN game if you want a preview of what they'll look like without Cardoso next season.

Watkins is a talented player, but 6’7 is 6’7. Having height like that waiting in the paint neutralizes a lot. SC will still have size and athleticism, but losing Cardoso will still be significant whether they have a clear choice to replace her or not. You can’t replace 6’7, unless you have another 6’7 player with Cardoso’s talent coming from somewhere.

SC very well could go undefeated and win another championship. But their interior won’t have as a distinct height advantage with Cardoso gone. That correlates directly to rebounding and what the defense was able to do. Not many teams can match 6’7.

In the UConn game you’re referencing UConn was still able to grab 13 offensive rebounds, and that was being undersized. The only lost the rebounding margin by 9.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It’s all up to Dawn being able to continue to convince her recruits to sacrifice their individual egos for the greater good of winning a NC. Dawn will have her endorsement deals. Will any of her players?
She’s done a magnificent job of creating an unselfish culture. If everybody comes back and/or she can augment leavers with the same quality athletes. They could easily win it all next year.
Many players already have endorsement deals; MiLaysia even has a butter sauce named after her at Mr. Seafood, along with an endorsement with Curry Brand/UnderArmour.

As far as going undefeated, again, I think there's a 50/50 chance with 4 starters returning, plus the entire bench and 3 incoming top 25 players, including the Gatorade POTY. If Adhel comes along as a freshman, she is 6'6".

Reaction Score
Many players already have endorsement deals; MiLaysia even has a butter sauce named after her at Mr. Seafood, along with an endorsement with Curry Brand/UnderArmour.

As far as going undefeated, again, I think there's a 50/50 chance with 4 starters returning, plus the entire bench and 3 incoming top 25 players, including the Gatorade POTY. If Adhel comes along as a freshman, she is 6'6".
I think z Joyce will slide into the rotation smoothly, Tac is recovering from two injuries. I would consider red shirting her. We don’t want an Azzi Fudd . McDaniels injury was fairly recent and we have our solid five at guard so I would consider as red shirt two unless on of our nine get injured.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Could depend on their SEC Schedule. With the addition of Texas and Oklahoma, how many schools will they play twice, and possibly three times depending on the tournament.
If all goes according to plan, as of today, beating Texas 3 times might be tough.

Reaction Score

Everyone keeps forgetting Adel Tac, who is 6'6" and more GIFTED offensively than Cordosa. She will be 100% healthy before the start of training camp. Watch out for her, she could be absolutely special!

Reaction Score
If UConn's Breanna Steward teams didn't go back-back undefeated, then I don't see South Carolina doing it.
Oh, you just exposed a flank there, ha.

The focus and unity required coming off an undefeated season with a lot of sacrifice seems unlikely.

Also, setting the over under at .5 is crazy.

Reaction Score
I think z Joyce will slide into the rotation smoothly, Tac is recovering from two injuries. I would consider red shirting her. We don’t want an Azzi Fudd . McDaniels injury was fairly recent and we have our solid five at guard so I would consider as red shirt two unless on of our nine get injured.

Tac plays the only position where SC needs help. She should be healthy sometime this summer. No way she redshirts unless there is a setback or a major portal addition. Perhaps both.

Reaction Score
Oh, you just exposed a flank there, ha.

The focus and unity required coming off an undefeated season with a lot of sacrifice seems unlikely.

Also, setting the over under at .5 is crazy.

Not to mention that you usually need the ball to bounce right for a game or two, like it did for South Carolina this year.

Reaction Score
Straight up, will South Carolina pull off another undefeated season in 2024-25? They have the most athletic and balanced roster in the country and everyone is back besides Cardoso:

Projected starters:
Ashlyn Watkins
Chloe Kitts
Bree Hall
Tehina Pao Pao
Raven Johnson

Bench:
Milaysia Fulwiley
Tessa Johnson
Sania Feagin
Adhel Tac
Joyce Edwards
Madisen McDaniel

They had some close calls this year but should be even better next year, keeping almost the full rotation in tact and bring in a strong recruiting class. I see them as a dominant interior team with Watkins filling Cardoso's shoes well, and I'd also look for continued improvement from their other young players like Kitts, both Johnsons and Fulwiley, all of whom were brilliant today. I'll get the ball rolling and vote yes, I do think they'll go undefeated, but am curious to see what everyone else predicts.
So car has had the good fortune of not having
The injury situation that hurt contenders like
UConn/Texas /ND/va tech
That being said they are do deep and don’t have
One crucial player(like miles at nd Harmon at tx Paige/ Azzi Kiley Va tech) that they are well situated to win it all again

Reaction Score
Short answer is NO. But then again I haven't seen their non-conference schedule yet.

Reaction Score

Projected starters:
Ashlyn Watkins
Chloe Kitts
Bree Hall
Tehina Pao Pao
Raven Johnson

Bench:
Milaysia Fulwiley
Tessa Johnson
Sania Feagin
Adhel Tac
Joyce Edwards
Madisen McDaniel

Heavy is the crown................what date do they play UConn?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Could depend on their SEC Schedule. With the addition of Texas and Oklahoma, how many schools will they play twice, and possibly three times depending on the tournament.
If all goes according to plan, as of today, beating Texas 3 times might be tough.
I bet the SEC will go to only 1 team twice next season for 16 games total.

Reaction Score
After rewatching the championship game, if Coach Staley keeps doing what she is doing in terms of how she motivates her team, develops her players, and get the players to buy in to the overall team goals and standards, South Carolina is going to be a huge problem for a few years. If the players don't develop that "Disease of Me" mindset. For those of us that grew up in the Lakers/Celtics era, we know what Pat Riley was talking about. Plus, you can Google it as well.

In a nutshell, Coach Riley talked about how jealousy, resentment, players feeling unappreciated, and undervalued, creates tension within a program/business/family...If Coach Staley can balance the ego's, keep pushing the right buttons, and doing what she is doing, South Carolina is going to be in the running for more hardware.

Reaction Score
let's make it a 1-1 tie. You make some excellent points but I don't think they'll win all those close games next year. One bad night can be the difference.
Remember the Maryland champion team? They didn’t win the following year. Yes, one bad night you are out of the March Madness

Reaction Score
It's strange to live in a world where there is serious debate about whether the team I pull for will go undefeated a second season in a row.

I feel like the pressure is off my fan experience is off at least.

Losing a second time in the tournament after an undefeated season would have come with baggage.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I am not sure about SC next year. Sure, most everyone will be back from a team that just won the national championship. However, it is going to be tough to replace Cardoso. They won't have anyone close to her size on their roster next year. I also wonder about their depth. They will only have 11 players. If a few injuries hit, that could significantly impact their depth. The injury bug didn't hit them too much this year but UCONN fans know how things like that can derail a season.

Reaction Score
It's strange to live in a world where there is serious debate about whether the team I pull for will go undefeated a second season in a row.

I feel like the pressure is off my fan experience is off at least.

Losing a second time in the tournament after an undefeated season would have come with baggage.
Personally, I wouldn’t mind a regular season loss - or two. I feel like the team got tight in the last half of the season because of the stress of wanting to stay unbeaten. Okay, maybe I’m just projecting my stresses onto them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom