Will South Carolina run it back and go undefeated in 2024-25? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Will South Carolina run it back and go undefeated in 2024-25?

Will South Carolina go undefeated in 2024-25?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
UConn plays at SC next season.
Thanks. I believe @visitingcock made that correction as well. I would expect a much tougher game if Uconn is healthy but definitely noted.

One thing I want to note is that they also were a bit underrated, not being talked about when the season started. Even though it still kinda feels they probably haven't gotten praised enough for what they just accomplished, undoubtedly they will be more on the hunted side, having a target on their back. I don't think they'll be able to sneak up on anyone.

This is probably for another thread but who will be there best player next year

Reaction Score
Thanks. I believe @visitingcock made that correction as well. I would expect a much tougher game if Uconn is healthy but definitely noted.

One thing I want to note is that they also were a bit underrated, not being talked about when the season started. Even though it still kinda feels they probably haven't gotten praised enough for what they just accomplished, undoubtedly they will be more on the hunted side, having a target on their back. I don't think they'll be able to sneak up on anyone.

Best player? Will change every game.

Reaction Score
I would like to go on record as having said that SC NEVER should've been ranked 6th at the beginning of this season. LOL!

As for next year, they're the clear cut #1, but I do think the loss of Cardoso will be much bigger than people think. You can have close to equal talent of South Carolina, but with such a massive force in the paint, it's impossible to:

1. Guard her
2. Do much inside against her on the offensive end.

Now, they're loaded with talent, but it's not talent surrounded by someone who is just that big and dominant.

It's very possible that losing Cardoso will be the difference in championship caliber play.

At a minimum it requires players to step up quite a bit.

Reaction Score

I think without Clark the narrative might revolve around SC's streak if the team starts out say 6-0.

Reaction Score
Feagin may well start at the 5, good call. Raven is the team leader and floor general, she won’t ever see the bench until she graduates however.
Raven scares me on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
Raven scares me on the offensive end.
Not me. She was terrific the entire season until the championship game. She was 3/3 from 3 in the NC State game. She runs the show and when she does her job well the points she gets will be bonus. She’ll work this summer. This is her team now and she’s on a mission. She could declare for the draft next year, although she might use her redshirt year and come back for one more.

Reaction Score
Not me. She was terrific the entire season until the championship game. She was 3/3 from 3 in the NC State game. She runs the show and when she does her job well the points she gets will be bonus. She’ll work this summer. This is her team now and she’s on a mission. She could declare for the draft next year, although she might use her redshirt year and come back for one more.
I like what I see from her over overall. In year 2 she's improved her shooting percentage to a respectable 44% (+8) and 35%(+11) from 3. She still has 3:1 (2nd nationally )assist to turnover ratio and has doubled her rebounding from last season. She's a true PG that's been crucial to our offense this season.

Reaction Score

She needs to have as good a year in the gym this year as she did last. The shooting touch came and went and she needs that for the next level.

Reaction Score
I like what I see from her over overall. In year 2 she's improved her shooting percentage to a respectable 44% (+8) and 35%(+11) from 3. She still has 3:1 (2nd nationally )assist to turnover ratio and has doubled her rebounding from last season. She's a true PG that's been crucial to our offense this season.

Only .402 /.275 in conference season.

I think the ceiling of the team is extremely high if everyone puts in the work but I wonder if they will be hungry again.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The SEC will be different next year. New coaches, players switching teams, and Texas and Oklahoma join. It will be hard to go undefeated.

Reaction Score
The SEC will be different next year. New coaches, players switching teams, and Texas and Oklahoma join. It will be hard to go undefeated.
Texas would seem to be biggest obstacle.

At the moment Tennessee and LSU seem to be going backwards.

Reaction Score
Let’s see what Kim buys in the portal before we count her out.
Why I said at the moment.

The portal is going to crown a preseason favorite that isn't SC, I think.

Deja Kelly at LSU would be interesting but I do wonder if she's looking to get off point.

Although honestly, UNC was a good situation.

Reaction Score

Deja Kelly at LSU would be interesting but I do wonder if she's looking to get off point.

Deja is a downgrade at LSU. The only way they get better based on current players in the portal is if they add Kiki imo.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score

There vs their? I'm sorry but I had to do it. If there is a blue line under a word, it means something is wrong with it. ;)

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score

Now wait a minute. How does another team bring in that much talent on and the bench and starters from the portal? You didn't think that statement through. There is no team that's going to be that loaded with transfers. What team is going to get better talent up and down the roster? I don't see that happening. LSU learned last year that it doesn't always work out. They were the "super team" and they lost right out of the gate. Continuity is a much stronger argument.

Reaction Score
Now wait a minute. How does another team bring in that much talent on and the bench and starters from the portal? You didn't think that statement through. There is no team that's going to be that loaded with transfers. What team is going to get better talent up and down the roster? I don't see that happening. LSU learned last year that it doesn't always work out. They were the "super team" and they lost right out of the gate. Continuity is a much stronger argument.
Who was picked at the start of the season?

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Who was picked at the start of the season?
That will not happen again. South Carolina lost all 5 starters and if you think that all of those had another year that LSU, UCONN or any other team would have been picked ahead of them at the start of last season? No, they would not have been. This team had question marks and now has no question marks like they did entering next season. Nice try but your argument falls flat...

Reaction Score
They had many close games:
-UNC game was within 2 points in the last 4 minutes
-Utah game was within 2 in the last 3 minutes
-1st LSU game was tied in final 2 minutes
-SEC Tennessee game was a buzzer beater 3 to win
-Indiana was a 2 point game in the last minute

Every game they played this season was tied at some point...... :oops:

Reaction Score
Could depend on their SEC Schedule. With the addition of Texas and Oklahoma, how many schools will they play twice, and possibly three times depending on the tournament.
If all goes according to plan, as of today, beating Texas 3 times might be tough.

It's Vic Schaefer...... :cool:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Texas would seem to be biggest obstacle.

At the moment Tennessee and LSU seem to be going backwards.
I wonder if Vic is going to have his wife talk to me before the Texas game next year, if they play in Columbia. "Vic, we meet again. I bet you thought you were done with us when you left State."

Reaction Score
I wonder if Vic is going to have his wife talk to me before the Texas game next year, if they play in Columbia. "Vic, we meet again. I bet you thought you were done with us when you left State."
Nah.. He knew they were coming when he took the Longhorn job

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom