Who will guard Siegrist | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who will guard Siegrist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now regarding Siegrist, she's been a wonderful player for 'Nova but all of her 2 years of stats have not been against ANY P5 or UConn quality opponents. The best team Villanova played of their 7 games is Creighton, which they won 73-68. We just beat Creighton 80-47.

I am not overly worried about Maddy Siegrist and the way some of you are posting, she's a combo of Candace Parker and Diana Taurasi. She's not, she's 6'1" and if Geno deems that Liv can guard her, I trust him, if he deems Evina can guard, I trust him or if Geno deems Aubrey needs to figure out what flavor gum she chews, I trust him.

The real question is, how does Villanova stop Paige, CW, ONO, Anna, Aaliyah and Evina on offense???

My goodness brethren, this is little ole Villanova, not the twin towers of Cox and Brown....jeesh...
Nor is it Hebard, Ionescu, and SATOU Sabally....

Reaction Score
Yes, but the BY has to talk about something between games. I personally blame this all on Geno, who went out of his way to sing Siegrist’s praises during his Xavier postgame comments, all while forcing himself not to wink or nod......;)
Geno also threw the "steak" out there as well: "Aren't they undeated? I think they are 7-0, right?" The perfect misdirection artist....

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
OK, but before you get to 139-0 you have to be 118-0, right? ;) :p
Yes, but you only counted the regular season games and didn't add the additional 21 tournament games. So if you had stated that they won 118 consecutive regular season games you would be factually correct. :rolleyes:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Yes, but you only counted the regular season games and didn't add the additional 21 tournament games. So if you had stated that they won 118 consecutive regular season games you would be factually correct. :rolleyes:

1608672663894.png

Attachments

• 1608672537380.png
    1608672537380.png
    1 MB · Views: 64
Reaction Score
Classic use of a "Strawman" logical fallacy. Literally NO ONE has suggested that Villanova is capable of shutting down our team, or has any players even close to those greats you mentioned (heck, at this point we don't either). The score prediction thread confirms that folks think we're going to win going away.

Soxfan23 thinks Siegrist is as good a scorer as we'll face this season, but I didn't see a lot of folks jumping onto that bandwagon.

What Villanova has is a pretty decent D1 scorer in Siegrist and (especially after we made Park-Lane look like an AA) people are interested in seeing who can step up and try to fill the lockdown role once occupied by Kia and Gabby. Geno is looking for this player also with an eye down the road toward tougher competition. Siegrist may not be DT but she's all we have for now.

Always good to take every opponent seriously... that's how you go 118-0 in AAC play.
Nice work! Personally I enjoy blogging to banter about hoops. The more X’s and O’s the better. Let’s get in the weeds.
Every critical post or thread does not IMO need some sort of disclaimer. # of wins, # of AAs, # of NC’s, etc. Can’t we just talk hoops. If KLS shoots from her waist with a bunny hop before every shot, can’t we talk about it?
Everybody here wants to see UConn excellence. Or for UConn to play to its potential. So, we win by 30, as predicted by BY and Siegrist goes off on us, will we be at least moving toward excellence? Maybe that’s the argument.

Reaction Score
Actually I believe it was 139-0 in AAC play, counting the AAC tournament, and with a win tonight they will tie the record of consecutive Conference wins of 143 by the Texas Longhorns if my math is correct.
The last two games of the year 2013 were against Notre Dame (National Semi-finals) and Louisville for the National Championship, and both teams were in the BigEast that year. Even though uNd beat us three times that year (1 pt (Gampel), 3 OT (South Bend), and 2pts in the Big East Championship in XL Center), the Huskies came through when it counted the most in New Orleans!!!! That would put them at 144 right now, if all games against conference opponents count.....

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The last two games of the year 2013 were against Notre Dame (National Semi-finals) and Louisville for the National Championship, and both teams were in the BigEast that year. Even though uNd beat us three times that year (1 pt (Gampel), 3 OT (South Bend), and 2pts in the Big East Championship in XL Center), the Huskies came through when it counted the most in New Orleans!!!! That would put them at 144 right now, if all games against conference opponents count.....
I believe that the NCAA Tournament is not included in the conference records, only conference events such as regular season and the conference tournament.

Reaction Score
I believe that the NCAA Tournament is not included in the conference records, only conference events such as regular season and the conference tournament.
It might be that it is so rare that three teams from one conference show up at the Final Four that no one thought to count them....

So, it is just not part of the thinking of the official statistic keepers....

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
On the radio pregame show, I just heard Geno tell Bob Joyce that Evina will guard Siegrist at the start of the game, but they will probably mix it up as the game continues.

You heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog