OT: - Who looks like the best team in hoops now? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Who looks like the best team in hoops now?

Reaction Score
Really like Purdue. Their 3P% is off the charts and they have the hardest player in college basketball to defend. If I had to pick a final four after three games, they’re the only team I’d lock in.
If I had to pick a team to lose the 16 v 1 game for 2 straight years, they're the team I'd lock in.

Reaction Score
We might not be the best team yet, but I’ll take my chances with Hurley and his ability to get the best out of his players.
Or…..maybe we are already.

Reaction Score
I saw a few minutes of Kansas the other day. A few trips down the floor they didn't even dribble the ball once. The ball movement reminded me of UConn last year.

Reaction Score
I saw a few minutes of Kansas the other day. A few trips down the floor they didn't even dribble the ball once. The ball movement reminded me of UConn last year.
Pretty wide open, no great team’s similar to last year. Probably 20-25 teams could develop into the champion.

Reaction Score
Right now, it seems really hard to say. I missed the Arizona win over Duke. Our team looks okay, but not great. Michigan State seems to suck, but I expect them to get to the 15-20 range in time. Duke has flaws. Kansas barely beat a Kentucky team that had low early expectations (I don’t want to see them in the FF this year). Nobody looks phenomenal. Is this the year that a mid major wins the whole thing?
Tennessee

Reaction Score
The november national champion will be the winner that survives the murderers row in maui.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Right now, it seems really hard to say. I missed the Arizona win over Duke. Our team looks okay, but not great. Michigan State seems to suck, but I expect them to get to the 15-20 range in time. Duke has flaws. Kansas barely beat a Kentucky team that had low early expectations (I don’t want to see them in the FF this year). Nobody looks phenomenal. Is this the year that a mid major wins the whole thing?
You’re on the money bro. Couldn’t have said this better myself. We barely beat the worst team in division 1. Thank goodness Cam had a career night or we probably lose. We need to avoid Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, Kansas, and Purdue if we are going to make any noise this year. Let’s hope for the best but expect the worst. Words to live by my friends.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Houston is unreal defensively
Sampson is a master

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Arrogant and spoiled

We're still the best, shame on you

Reaction Score
You’re on the money bro. Couldn’t have said this better myself. We barely beat the worst team in division 1. Thank goodness Cam had a career night or we probably lose. We need to avoid Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, Kansas, and Purdue if we are going to make any noise this year. Let’s hope for the best but expect the worst. Words to live by my friends.
I am guessing you are joking & it’s sarcasm? To say if Cam didn’t have a career night, UConn would have probably lost against MVSU is absolutely absurd. The game was never in doubt or in question or even close. Also, UConn doesn’t need to avoid any team, they have as much talent & team chemistry as any other program in the country.

Reaction Score
No, stop it

Reaction Score
Nope. We don’t lose even if Cam never got on the bus. That’s foolish.

Reaction Score
You've pulled ahead of freescooter, congrats!

Reaction Score
Barely beating = 34 points?! I know it didn't look good in certain stretches, but 34 points.

Reaction Score
That’s a completely fair initial assessment. And now it seems funny how the BY lost its mind when we failed to land Timberlake. We need Clingan to improve to play against Dickinson, but we have a good shot if Castle is back, and a reasonable chance without him.
I don’t think we’re beating Kansas in their building without Castle, if it was in our house then maybe.

Reaction Score
Sometimes I read a post without seeing who wrote it. Then I look to see who wrote it. I nailed this one. You are rather predictable

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Thankfully, he’s not calling for Hurley to be canned

He has to prove he can win the big one in even years

Odd years don't count

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
With Castle, we are look like one of the best. Purdue looks legit. As does Creighton.

Kansas lacks some bench depth but they have Bill Self and a very good starting 5.

Arizona… I’m not sold on Duke as a team (they have the 5* dudes, but lack cohesion and shooting) but winning at Cameron Indoor is impressive. Arizona is a well constructed team offensively.

Alabama… if they ever want to play defense they would be really really good. But that hasn’t seemed to be a staple of the Oats era.

But there is so much parity in college basketball again this season that I wouldn’t be surprised if this seasons actual final four only includes 1 or 2 of the teams mentioned above.

Reaction Score
Alabama… if they ever want to play defense they would be really really good. But that hasn’t seemed to be a staple of the Oats era.
Alabama had the #3 defense in the country last year on KenPom

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom