What do we know about Auburn? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What do we know about Auburn?

Reaction Score
this listed as a weakness to exploit is what threw me:

having looked up their measurements i.e., 6'10 220 and 7'1 245, i just dont see our bigs pushing these guys around.

then i further realized it's not just that theyre bigger- they also both have the skill/talent to be nba bound next summer.

i agree our bigs are really big and good... but maybe not that big and good. this is going to be a much bigger challenge (pun intended) than i thought is all.
On O.. Have to have guards that can deliver the ball to them in the paint. Guard play is not their strength and we have strong guard/wing D.. We'll see how it plays out.

Our speed off of D rebounds will beat their Bigs down the floor

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If we shoot the ball well we’ll win, if we go cold for major stretches we will not.

Reaction Score
Another key factor is Sanogo staying out of foul trouble. He’s certainly made strides in this area against weaker opponents, hopefully he continues the trend against Kessler.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Beyonce Braids GIF
Yesterday I learned that you can’t take five steps in Nassau without being offered a hair weave.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
85 posts and still no mention of Tie Dye. I must be getting old.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Go for it! You are on vacation!
Obviously my wife and daughters were the intended targets, but when I did the classic dad move and inquired for myself after they declined, the woman didn’t miss a beat and came back with something quite memorable about me putting some male celebrity whose name escapes me to “freaking” shame.

Reaction Score
Yesterday I learned that you can’t take five steps in Nassau without being offered a hair weave.

White women coming back from the Bahamas after Thanksgiving/Winter break with cornrows is a time-honored tradition. We literally make bets on how many will in my school every year. It's usually at least 4-5 of my students.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Obviously my wife and daughters were the intended targets, but when I did the classic dad move and inquired for myself after they declined, the woman didn’t miss a beat and came back with something quite memorable about me putting some male celebrity whose name escapes me to “freaking” shame.
Haha their “OMG, dad’s doing it again” look just makes it all the sweeter.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
White women coming back from the Bahamas after Thanksgiving/Winter break with cornrows is a time-honored tradition. We literally make bets on how many will in my school every year. It's usually at least 4-5 of my students.
This will be my first and last post on this aspect because it’s a conversation that could quickly get cesspooled, but yesterday I also learned that that is apparently now a fast-track to be “cancelled” for cultural appropriation, which my daughters half-jokingly cited as their reason for declining.

Reaction Score
This will be my first and last post on this aspect because it’s a conversation that could quickly get cesspooled, but yesterday I also learned that that is apparently now a fast-track to be “cancelled” for cultural appropriation, which my daughters half-jokingly cited as their reason for declining.
Bo Derek??Different times

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bummer, because I was kind of hoping this would be your post vacation look…

1637682131718.jpeg

Reaction Score
I am the wokest lefty lib I know, and even I can't see what's wrong with seeing something from another culture, liking it, and trying it out for yourself.

Also, was the celebrity whom you would ostensibly put to shame James Franco?
james-franco-spring-breakers-03291-600x349.jpg

Reaction Score
I am the wokest lefty lib I know, and even I can't see what's wrong with seeing something from another culture, liking it, and trying it out for yourself.

I think most people agree that if you're wearing/doing something that is actually a tribute to a culture in some way, it's fine. Once you get things like rich white women wearing fake Indian headdresses to coachella, it's pretty trashy. You can't mock a culture or make some knockoff, simplistic version of it and expect people to be cool with it.

Cultural appropriation is inevitable, and not necessarily a bad thing. There are just some versions of it that get pretty stupid.

Reaction Score
Cole better not be driving to deep like he tends to with those two guys they have.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I think that’s it!

Reaction Score
Whaley and Akok will have to guard Smith on the perimeter. Hopefully Akok is up to the task because it won’t be easy scoring inside against Kessler and Smith, so Akok’s ability to stretch the defense would be a big lift. Whaley has been the worst offensive player out of the team’s core rotation by a wide margin (-1.3 OBPM) and he and Sanogo clogging the paint will only put extra pressure on the others to score from the perimeter. Making our 3s is the clear path to a W, but I’m not going to count on that happening in our first game against a good opponent. I’m expecting a rock fight.

Our backcourt has a size advantage as Auburn runs a small 2 guard set most of the time. I’d like to see UConn get Auburn to switch one of them onto Martin, Hawkins, or Jackson at times and see if we can score over them that way, or by slashing if our spacing allows it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom