What do we know about Auburn? | The Boneyard

What do we know about Auburn?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I have not seen them play but all I've heard is Jabari Smith is the real deal

Reaction Score
I have not seen them play but all I've heard is Jabari Smith is the real deal

Akok and Whaley are going to have their hands full with him.

KD Johnson is good too, but I think our size overwhelms him. Same with that other guard they have.

We'll have a big size advantage. They don't shoot the 3 well. They have depth out to 8 guys who are all pretty good.

Should be a fun game.

Reaction Score
I know we've played enough trash competition. We need to figure out who we are. Time to play a real squad.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I wonder what people will come up with for why we shouldn’t be excited after we beat Auburn
Nice job moving the goalposts from 'we should have championship aspirations' after 3 low major blowouts, to 'people won't let me be happy after a win.' That's definitely what people were arguing with you about.

And fwiw we better beat Auburn, they just struggled with the mighty Bulls of USF.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Nice job moving the goalposts from 'we should have championship aspirations' after 3 low major blowouts, to 'people won't let me be happy after a win.' That's definitely what people were arguing with you about.

And fwiw we better beat Auburn, they just struggled with the mighty Bulls of USF.
If our players are mentally prepared and focused we should be good. If we can be confident and not miss so many around the rim we should be good

Reaction Score
What I've learned this year: Walker Kessler isn't having as big of an impact that I expected (4.3p, 5.7r).

Their lineups include:
  • Two small guards none of which played at Auburn last year
    • KD Johnson 6'0 204, Georgia transfer (15 ppg)
    • Wendell Green 5'11 175, EKU transfer (11.3 ppg)
    • Zep Jasper 6'1 185, Charleston transfer (6.7 ppg)
  • A good sized wing who averages around 6 ppg
    • Devan Cambridge 6'6 215
    • Chris Moore 6'6 240
  • Two bigs
    • Walker Kessler, 7'1 245 (plays about half of the game at the 5)
    • Jabari Smith, 6'10 220 (plays about half of the game at the 4 and about 8 minutes a game at the 5).
    • Jaylin Williams 6'8 230 (plays about half the game at the 4)
    • Dylan Cardwell 6'11 250 (backup 5)
Jabari Smith as had an insane start to the season: 13.3p, 8.7r, 1.7a, 2.3s, 1.3b, 2.3 3PM (46.7%) about 1/2 of his shots from 3. Should be a top-five pick next draft.

Based on the fact that Allan Flanagan is out (14.3 ppg last year) and five of their nine rotation players are new, were are playing a Auburn team that will probably be better come March.

Reaction Score
Binghampton was real !!
Agree they were better than prior thus far, but not as real as any Big East team or Auburn for that matter. Our guys got away with stuff they won’t most of the remaining schedule. But I think they will adjust and tighten things up. It’s time to get a real feel for this team and I think they will also be pumped to prove themselves.

Reaction Score
Binghampton was real
I wonder what people will come up with for why we shouldn’t be excited after we beat Auburn
SI ranks Binghamton at 343 and Auburn at 27. I’m thoroughly enjoying this years team. They’re big, cohesive, defensively awesome and plain fun to watch. But I’m not sold on top 25 until we beat someone of better caliber. If they lose to Auburn I’ll still love watching them. If they beat Auburn, which I do expect, I’ll start giving into the hype more.

Reaction Score
What I've learned this year: Walker Kessler isn't having as big of an impact that I expected (4.3p, 5.7r).

Their lineups include:
  • Two small guards none of which played at Auburn last year
    • KD Johnson 6'0 204, Georgia transfer (15 ppg)
    • Wendell Green 5'11 175, EKU transfer (11.3 ppg)
    • Zep Jasper 6'1 185, Charleston transfer (6.7 ppg)
  • A good sized wing who averages around 6 ppg
    • Devan Cambridge 6'6 215
    • Chris Moore 6'6 240
  • Two bigs
    • Walker Kessler, 7'1 245 (plays about half of the game at the 5)
    • Jabari Smith, 6'10 220 (plays about half of the game at the 4 and about 8 minutes a game at the 5).
    • Jaylin Williams 6'8 230 (plays about half the game at the 4)
    • Dylan Cardwell 6'11 250 (backup 5)
Jabari Smith as had an insane start to the season: 13.3p, 8.7r, 1.7a, 2.3s, 1.3b, 2.3 3PM (46.7%) about 1/2 of his shots from 3. Should be a top-five pick next draft.

Based on the fact that Allan Flanagan is out (14.3 ppg last year) and five of their nine rotation players are new, were are playing a Auburn team that will probably be better come March.
Great job with this breakdown. And that is the infamous Dylan Cardwell from the "Is Dylan Cardwell on campus" official visit that wasn't. I still blame Jake W for that. lol

Reaction Score

I don’t think people are not excited about what they see but we do have to wait to see them versus someone under the 280 ranking range. I mean the arrogant posts around here about how everyone else sucks is almost scary. And how great we shoot the ball etc etc let’s see what they do in the Bahamas before we get all crazy. I can’t wait to see if they can make an Auburn look bad with their defense and rebounding.

It’s okay to be either confident or unsure at this point. Nothing against anyones point of view, we have so much more to see. Last 2 games our guys started awful for 10 minutes if that’s not a concern for the tourney you’re not watching. Were they bored and need to play Auburn? Let’s hope so because being down 15 early with most of those teams will be an uphill battle.

Reaction Score
I don’t think people are not excited about what they see but we do have to wait to see them versus someone under the 280 ranking range. I mean the arrogant posts around here about how everyone else sucks is almost scary. And how great we shoot the ball etc etc let’s see what they do in the Bahamas before we get all crazy. I can’t wait to see if they can make an Auburn look bad with their defense and rebounding.

It’s okay to be either confident or unsure at this point. Nothing against anyones point of view, we have so much more to see. Last 2 games our guys started awful for 10 minutes if that’s not a concern for the tourney you’re not watching. Were they bored and need to play Auburn? Let’s hope so because being down 15 early with most of those teams will be an uphill battle.
Exactly. The swings on this board are epic and you can see why; one day we beat ~300th ranked team and we’re claiming the next championship. Then, when we think we’re entitled to get the same rebounds and shots off vs a legitimate, much bigger and/or talented team, and we can’t, we’re awful and calling for changes to the lineup or coaching staff. Maybe it’s not the same people.
I like our chances on Wednesday in most areas now that we’re seemingly a decent 3pt shooting team. Although the height, speed and talent on our competitors defense is going to be much improved. OT a bit is that we can say Whaley isn’t playing as well as last year but that man steps up to competition. He’s at his best when things get tough. Really hope we can pull this out.

Reaction Score
Exactly. The swings on this board are epic and you can see why; one day we beat ~300th ranked team and we’re claiming the next championship. Then, when we think we’re entitled to get the same rebounds and shots off vs a legitimate, much bigger and/or talented team, and we can’t, we’re awful and calling for changes to the lineup or coaching staff. Maybe it’s not the same people.
I like our chances on Wednesday in most areas now that we’re seemingly a decent 3pt shooting team. Although the height, speed and talent on our competitors defense is going to be much improved. OT a bit is that we can say Whaley isn’t playing as well as last year but that man steps up to competition. He’s at his best when things get tough. Really hope we can pull this out.

Yep we agree. I get the excitement and agree on so many ways. But we need to temper our expectations until we see them this week. While Whaley hasn’t made a couple lay ins his defense, both on the ball and help, is so much better than those people want him to be replaced by its obvious. But I do agree with them in the fact he somehow needs to help open the middle for Sanogo. Now 10 rebounds versus 1 for the other guy tells a story others would also like to ignore. He does so much off the stat sheet some just don’t get it.

Can’t wait for 2:30 Wednesday honestly as well as the whole island tourney. Hope some of these fans are really flexing their arrogance on Friday night I will be happy lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom