What are you binge watching? | Page 46 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
We knocked out The Night Agent in a week. It wasn't bad. There were some spots with bad acting/delivery, but for the most part enjoyable. Adam Arkin directed a couple episodes.

Reaction Score
We knocked out The Night Agent in a week. It wasn't bad. There were some spots with bad acting/delivery, but for the most part enjoyable. Adam Arkin directed a couple episodes.
7.6 IMDB rating. I was looking forward for it, but you found it “wasn’t bad”?

Reaction Score
7.6 IMDB rating. I was looking forward for it, but you found it “wasn’t bad”?
Yeah, it was good, but it didn't always captivate my attention to where I HAD to watch another episode. Jack Ryan was an 8.0 on IMDB and I thought it was miles ahead of The Night Agent. Better cast, better writing, etc.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, it was good, but it didn't always captivate my attention to where I HAD to watch another episode. Jack Ryan was an 8.0 on IMDB and I thought it was miles ahead of The Night Agent. Better cast, better writing, etc.
I'll watch it anyway, but vis-a-vis Jack Ryan, I'd note that Netflix usually cheaps out. It's a very rare Netflix show that has the overall professional quality that you get on HBO, Apple, Disney or even Prime. Even Paramount+ is usually better. Netflix model seems to be to produce a massive amount of cheap content and hope somebody likes it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Finally got around to Snowfall and have ripped through the first three seasons over the past couple of weeks. No idea how I missed this show from it's onset. Had I known this was pretty much the Freeway Rick Ross story I would have been watching it from the beginning.

Fantastic show and I was completely gripped to the TV to end season 3 when the destruction of Mel begins. So sad to see someone with so much going for them succumb to their environment. Hoping to be caught up for the new season to start on Feb 23.
Holy hell, is this show going out with a bang. The penultimate episode was insane. A whole lot to wrap up in next week's series finale. I only hope Oso makes it out alive.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Season 2 of Single Drunk Female debuted on Freeform last night. Apparently I don't have that now, but today Hulu has all the episodes available. Got about 1/3 of the way thru it. Some of the side characters have expanded roles, and some of them just aren't very interesting. But Sofia Black-D'Elia is killing it as the lead.

Reaction Score
I'll watch it anyway, but vis-a-vis Jack Ryan, I'd note that Netflix usually cheaps out. It's a very rare Netflix show that has the overall professional quality that you get on HBO, Apple, Disney or even Prime. Even Paramount+ is usually better. Netflix model seems to be to produce a massive amount of cheap content and hope somebody likes it.
It's definitely worth watching. Enjoy!

Reaction Score
It's definitely worth watching. Enjoy!
I finished Night Agent over the weekend and agree with your assessment. To me, it was good, not great. Worthwhile watching and set up for a Season 2. But if it got canceled, it's not like I'd be lobbying Netflix to bring it back. I thought they did a good job of keeping you guessing as to the underlying nature of the conspiracy until late in the season. I also liked that they built up the characters of the bad guys chasing our heroes, fleshing out their characters a bit as opposed to making them some mindless automatons. I had some issues with the acting as I found the lead actor to be a bit wooden and didn't totally buy his chemistry with the lead actress. But I found it entertaining and will watch a Season 2 if/when it comes around.

Reaction Score
Started watching Star Trek Picard. Is this worth it?
Definitely worthwhile if you are a fan of Next Generation and are looking for some nostalgia. As a standalone series, it's OK, if maybe a bit preachy.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We just watched all 10 episodes of Beef this week. Episode 9 was over the top!

Steven Yeun is excellent. Ali Wong is great, too. Overall, a pretty damned good cast.

Starts off with a road rage incident between Wong and Yeun. Then they just can't let it go.

Reaction Score
I’m on episode 3 in Beef, losing interest after she trashes his truck. But upon your recommendation I will soldier through.

Reaction Score
The penultimate episode of S3 of The Mandalorian was perhaps the best episode of the series…. and the season finale today was a DUD

Reaction Score
The penultimate episode of S3 of The Mandalorian was perhaps the best episode of the series…. and the season finale today was a DUD

It was fun. But you should know that...

Moff Gideon didn't die. My guess is that wasn't even Moff himself. It was a clone.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I’m on episode 3 in Beef, losing interest after she trashes his truck. But upon your recommendation I will soldier through.
Even as late as Episode 7 I was telling my wife that I was thinking I didn't like the show. Then...boom. escalation.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As great episodes go, the most recent Ted Lasso was easily the best of the season and just really well done all around.

Reaction Score
After the UConn FB wide receiver news I'm continuing to watch "Better Call Saul" with a bottle or two of red wine.

Note to self: A nice Cav and chocolate cookies (from the bakery) are the bomb!

PS: New to the Entertainment board and its solid so far. Thanks all.

Reaction Score
Wife and I just plowed through Jury Duty (Amazon). Highly recommend. Premise is that it’s a “documentary” about a civil trial with the kicker that everyone is an actor except for one of the jurors. Very funny and not mean-spirited/at the guy’s expense.

Reaction Score
Wife and I just plowed through Jury Duty (Amazon). Highly recommend. Premise is that it’s a “documentary” about a civil trial with the kicker that everyone is an actor except for one of the jurors. Very funny and not mean-spirited/at the guy’s expense.
I'm halfway through so far, very enjoyable show

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom