Whaley/Polley/Carlton Watch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whaley/Polley/Carlton Watch

Reaction Score
I actually agree, we need a big body off the bench for bruising teams. He has a nice role here.
He is a known quantity, whereas a player from a mid-major or from a lesser conference might not perform as well with the uptick in competition.

Though, Tre Mitchell does sound like an interesting prospect.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Believe it or not , Whaley is my guy, but if we could only keep one out of 3 next year , it’s Polley. Just from team need standpoint. Polley and Whaley would be ideal though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My attitude all along has been to sell the following to the three of them.

Free start on a master's degree, stay on team, enjoy the college life as a real senior year. Practice and have no pressure for playing time. If there are injuries or a wildly underperforming player, we'll throw you in.

Think the Bill Walton or ML Carr on the Celtics. Wave the towel, give some old sage advice and play as needed.

Reaction Score
Polley shot 40% from 3 in a NCAA tourney game.
Taking how many shots?

The key is a high percentage for a decent number of shots, to score a respectable amount of points to help the team to win.

Looks like he doesn't take that many because either he fails to move around to be in a position to catch the ball, or cannot shake a defender, or cannot get to a screen, or the guards cannot find him.

August_West

Reaction Score
Taking how many shots?

The key is a high percentage for a decent number of shots, to score a respectable amount of points to help the team to win.

Looks like he doesn't take that many because either he fails to move around to be in a position to catch the ball, or cannot shake a defender, or cannot get to a screen, or the guards cannot find him.

they didn’t run anything for him . And he was 2-5

Reaction Score
Believe it or not , Whaley is my guy, but if we could keep one out of 3 next year , it’s Polley.
It really depends on how we fill the the other two spots. You can easily argue either/ or, but probably not both. We need to replace Bouk's production offensively. Whaley would still start. I don't think Polley would. We really need a big guard and a wing.

Reaction Score
Not sure. Maybe a 5'9 guard from Wagner.
Is their star from Ollie's last year a grad transfer by now? Somebody from that team burned us. Maybe he wants to come to UConn and make amends.

Reaction Score
It really depends on how we fill the the other two spots. You can easily argue either/ or, but probably not both. We need to replace Bouk's production offensively. Whaley would still start. I don't think Polley would. We really need a big guard and a wing.
Whaley won't take one of the 3 spots, so if you still find yourself needing 3 guys after taking Whaley you take 3

Reaction Score
CARLTON!!!!!!!
I actually agree, we need a big body off the bench for bruising teams. He has a nice role here.
i also agree unless whaley is ok playing the same role that carlton would i.e. backup C behind sanogo. whaley CANNOT be the starting PF again so if he's not happy coming off the bench then he should move on. but if whaley would be happy as a backup then he's the no brainer choice. having said that i dont think whaley would agree to such a limited role.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A lot depends also on if Hurley actually wants any or all of them back. Sure they may want to come back, but it might not matter if Hurley thinks it’s time to move on. They can also grad transfer too if they want to.

I’d be shocked if all 3 came back; I’d be good with like 1 guy coming back, think you need some fresh players in the program. Maybe 1 comes back and they add a transfer. Gotta be careful tho too because you need to develop your younger players and freshmen that are incoming.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Earlier in the season Hurley told them that they are welcome to return. Maybe he has a different idea now. We will find out soon.

Reaction Score
My attitude all along has been to sell the following to the three of them.

Free start on a master's degree, stay on team, enjoy the college life as a real senior year. Practice and have no pressure for playing time. If there are injuries or a wildly underperforming player, we'll throw you in.

Think the Bill Walton or ML Carr on the Celtics. Wave the towel, give some old sage advice and play as needed.
Perfect for when Sanogo gets two quick ticky-tacks in the first two minutes of the game. Bring in Carlton to fill the void. Plus every team needs a good hatchet man.

Reaction Score
Return of DaggerTreyTy is essential.

I'm against transfers as a general rule, but Kellan Grady from Davidson fills a hole left by Bouk's departure. I like his game. Polley and Grady will solve our shooting woes for next year. Need to think seriously about point guard situation. Big problem.

#ReturnOfPolley

Reaction Score
It seems everyone acknowledges that we need another big. Why on earth if the reigning conference defensive player of the year wanted to come back would you not welcome him? Whaley started this year, what makes you think he would be a distant option off the bench next year? He's even shown an improving outside game and if that could take another step forward... And Sanogo finds himself in plenty of foul trouble or up against 5-out teams where his effectiveness is greatly reduced. We'll have one or two other spots to address scoring. Give me another year of Whaley if he's in to it.

August_West

Reaction Score
Lol, amazing! Gaffney shot 50% from 3 in a NCAA tourney game!!!
lol amazing you thought an average team was elite. “ that’s a bad take”

Reaction Score
Has anyone from Uconn shot better then Rashad did from 3 in the tourney??

Reaction Score
Whaley won't take one of the 3 spots, so if you still find yourself needing 3 guys after taking Whaley you take 3
I keep forgetting that. What exactly is the rule? If Whaley comes, his scholarship doesn't count? Its essentially a free roster spot?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What the hell happened to not talking about people coming back or not?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom