Week of 3/11/24 Games (Conference Tournaments) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Week of 3/11/24 Games (Conference Tournaments)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Tennessee getting absolutely boat raced. Seems they don’t want that last one seed.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
UNC looking like it has the inside track on that last 1 seed. Iowa State maybe our likeliest 2?
Given the number of times we've been shipped west over the years you wouldn't think it'd be weird to have Arizona in the east as a 2, but few of the mock brackets show that.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is still a very dangerous team- would not want to see them in tournament- Knecht can take over a game-didn't today but he is a hell of a shooter

Reaction Score
I for one have no problem saying I want Tennessee as the #3 seed in our bracket. I have seen some of a few of their games, and they are totally unimpressive when Knecht is not playing at an All-American level. And per usual, when Plan A is not working for a Rick Barnes-coached team, they don't have a plan B.

Absolutely one of the most overrated coaches in college basketball over the last 25 years. That one Final 4 on his resume was handed to him in 2003 when Texas was able to play us in San Antonio in the Sweet 16. If that game were played virtually anywhere else, I believe we would have won.

His teams show up small again and again in big games... just like today.

Only problem is... the chances of his team making it to the Elite 8 to play against us is infinitesimal. They will be knocked out long before then.

Reaction Score
Pitt vs BC or NC State in the ACC final would be a fittingly mediocre matchup for a mediocre conference. Not sure I can stomach rooting for Pitt over UNC though.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is getting smoked. Congrats to UNC on getting the last 1 seed and avoiding the East region
I honestly don't see how/why Tennessee has won as much as they had.

They are a one-man offense with a defense that is neutralized a lot by offenses that are comfortable playing at that pace.

In other news, good start to this afternoon's parlay:

IMG_4528.jpg

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Players that'll be fun to watch in the tournament, off the top of my head: Tominago, Nebraska. Knecht, Tennessee. Sheppard, Kentucky. Who else do you like?

Reaction Score
Watching Auburn / South Carolina reminds me of how many quality future players were in the Putnam Science vs New Hampton game years ago. Karaban was up against Goodin (the Russian 7' center for Florida Atlantic), Josh Gray (7' South Carolina center), Elijah Hutchins-Everett (Seton Hall backup center), and Hassan Diarra, (with a ring). This was a few weeks after the Cardwell "visit" now of Auburn.

Reaction Score
Players that'll be fun to watch in the tournament, off the top of my head: Tominago, Nebraska. Knecht, Tennessee. Sheppard, Kentucky. Who else do you like?
The MVC has 2 (hopefully) that I'm excited to watch. Tucker DeVries from Drake and hopefully Robbie Avila aka Cream Abdul-Jabbar from Indiana State

Reaction Score
AJ Storr has a 30 piece and Wisconsin moves on. Purdue tomorrow!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Looks like there about 200 people in attendance for the AAC quarterfinals. The UAB coach isn't enjoying himself.

Reaction Score
Mark Titus' Cold Ass White Boy team is a good place to start (Knecht CAWBOTY, Spencer, Sheppard, Kolek, Scheierman, Braden Smith).

The Sears/Estrada tandem at Alabama. Between them, Illinois, and Kentucky that's 3 all gas no breaks no D teams (and Baylor too to some extent).

IF they make it, New Mexico is highly entertaining (House, Dent, Mashburn and aggressive D).

All the top end mids that will be 11-13 are legit - Drake, Grand Canyon, James Madison, McNeese, South Florida, and whichever team wins the Ivy.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Looks like there about 200 people in attendance for the AAC quarterfinals. The UAB coach isn't enjoying himself.

The basket is not working or may be off balance or something. Go AAC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom