Week of 3/11/24 Games (Conference Tournaments) | The Boneyard

Week of 3/11/24 Games (Conference Tournaments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WCC has a nice dbl header tonight for the night owls. They get alot of grief for how they setup their conference tournament but I like that they give their top seeds some protection to advance.

Reaction Score
Awful slate tonight. Wednesday is when it really starts.

I don’t think it’s that bad. I’m looking forward to getting eyes on both CAA semi games, the Sun Belt championship and the SoCon finale. I want to familiarize myself with (knock on wood) Charleston, Samford and JMU before I pick them to beat Duke/UK/insert team I hate. Bracket Matrix currently has Charleston as the highest 14 and JMU as the lowest 12 with Samford in the middle. These are good squads that have a legit shot to win a game or two.

Reaction Score
the WCC matchups are both pretty good on paper but probably past the boneyard's bedtime
Not past my bedtime. I go to bed usually around 2 AM, but I don't like that fact and I have been trying get myself in the habit of going to bed at midnight. So, in other words if Gonzaga meets St. Mary's in the WCC final and that game is at 11:30 PM EST, this would be like offering an alcoholic drink to a person in an AA program.

Reaction Score
Well there goes any chance of Kansas beating Houston in the Big 12 Tournament.

they might not get out of the first round of the Big 12 tournament. They were not that good when they were missing McCullar. I would love it if Kansas was the #4 see in the East with UConn being the #1 even with Dickinson and McCullar returning in time at full strength. UConn can take them.

Reaction Score
Not past my bedtime. I go to bed usually around 2 AM, but I don't like that fact and I have been trying get myself in the habit of going to bed at midnight. So, in other words if Gonzaga meets St. Mary's in the WCC final and that game is at 11:30 PM EST, this would be like offering an alcoholic drink to a person in an AA program.

Hell I’ll be asleep by the second half and I’m on Pacific time.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Was watching Field of 68 after the Houston loss and one of the guys mentioned Self should just sit both and take the early L to rest up for the NCAAs
I think this is the correct move. Conference tournaments are important, but being healthy for the NCAAT is far more important.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Too bad Alex Ducas is out of eligibility. Would be fantastic in Hurley's offense.

Reaction Score
Lets go Stony Brook Seawolves!!!!

After two consecutive upsets they find themselves knocking on the door. Will they do it one more time?

Charleston v. Stony Brook for the CAA Championships tomorrow!

Reaction Score
Gonzaga's non-Ike bigs raining 3s on San Francisco. Pretty much put the game out of reach. Considering Gonzaga's recent play, this is probably best case result for Big East teams. No WCC bid thieves after St Mary's won earlier.

Reaction Score
Nice local-mid major slate today w/ the A-10 Tournament starting at 11:30 and then the America East semifinals starting at 5 PM w/ UNH at Vermont and then Bryant at UMass-Lowell after that one.

Two championship games tonight too:

NEC: #6 Wagner at #1 Merrimack (my preview) - 7 PM - ESPN2. Game already sold out!

CAA: #7 Stony Brook vs #1 Charleston - 7 PM - CBSSN.

I'm rooting for the Seawolves in this one as the relatively local underdog. Plus, lots of CT basketball alum on this team: I'm an Aaron Clarke fan as he was a key guard at Sacred Heart before he transferred and Chris Maidoh is a former Fairfield Stag while Andre Snoddy played at CCSU. Geno Ford seems like one of the good guys in coaching too.

Reaction Score
So pumped for the little guys.

LETS GOOOO!! SBU! SBU!
For today, I think my interest lies in CBS Sports Network and ESPN (Zags vs St. Mary's). Those are the championship games if I am not mistaken.

I am not interested in the lower dregs of the Power 6 playing in the first round (ACC, Big 12, etc.).

Reaction Score
Congrats to @kobe on a huge win for the bear kitties today......keeping those fleeting NIT hopes alive by barely beating that WVU juggernaut in front of about 1,200 mostly relatives at the Big 17 play in games this afternoon.
Edwards got one of the more absurd technical foul calls I’ve ever seen against. He and the Cincy big were standing there jawing at each other. Cincy big had one of the most pathetic flops I’ve ever seen, and they rewarded it with two FTs and the ball. Refs really kept Cincy in that game.

Reaction Score
How does Miami finish with a losing record? Down 16 to BC?

And yet they still have Poplar, Omier and Nigel Pack on the team?

Isaiah Wong and Miller must have been fantastic.

Reaction Score
they might not get out of the first round of the Big 12 tournament. They were not that good when they were missing McCullar. I would love it if Kansas was the #4 see in the East with UConn being the #1 even with Dickinson and McCullar returning in time at full strength. UConn can take them.
Kentucky at 2, Duke at 3, Kansas at 4

Blue blood brawl in the East

We will be the victors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members