Week 5: Other Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 5: Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ISU plays defense by daring the officials to call a foul on every possession. The officials took them up on it.

They need to learn how to play defense with the same intensity without fouling.
This right here, 100% correct. It's like the same thing in football when the DBs get too handsy and hold a lot or on every play thinking the officials won't want to call it that much. Some officials will call it every time.

ISU needs to learn this and if they have some statistical information on certain officials before the game they should use that. I don't know if teams get that info before the game or if they only find out who is officiating right then and there when the game starts.

Reaction Score
I think Alabama beats Houston tomorrow, which should alleviate your concerns going forward!
I am pulling for Bama very much in this one. Hopefully, they can pull of the victory. Regardless, as we all know, UConn has to keep performing well regardless of how their past opponents play and if they nosedive.

Reaction Score
We control our own destiny at this point if we want that #1 seed in the East. The only thing you can do is beat whoever is in front of you. We've done that every single time so far. I think 4 losses in conference play is likely still enough to get us a #1 seed, but it's hard for me to point to 4 games that we will definitely lose...

Reaction Score
We control our own destiny at this point if we want that #1 seed in the East. The only thing you can do is beat whoever is in front of you. We've done that every single time so far. I think 4 losses in conference play is likely still enough to get us a #1 seed, but it's hard for me to point to 4 games that we will definitely lose...
There are 0 games that we will definitely lose. There are 0 games that we will probably lose. But we will (almost) definitely lose 1 or more games. (Hopefully none after March 4th.)

Reaction Score
Oooph. Rutgers had the game, missed a free throw, Ohio State makes an impossible 3 ball for the win by 1. What a gut punch.
Should have been an out of bounds violation on the Ohio State shooter on the 3. Refs suck in every conference!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let’s worry about LIU.
Nah. Let's maybe...and this is novel idea, bear with me...not worry about the team. Just enjoy the ride.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
ISU plays defense by daring the officials to call a foul on every possession. The officials took them up on it.

They need to learn how to play defense with the same intensity without fouling.
They’re going to struggle in the Big 12 for that reason alone.

Reaction Score

This is a great point. We’re no longer in the position we were the last two years where we need everybody we’ve beat to finish strongly to bump up our NET and get a better seed.

We’re 10-0 and barring the worst loss in program history will be 11-0, going into BE play. #5 ranked team. Of course we want ISU to be a Q1 win, but it could drop to Q4 and it wouldn’t mean anything as long as we win the games we’re supposed to win in conference play

Reaction Score
ACC network with an epic FSU Louisville matchup on Saturday. 1-17 between them.
Someone has to win...right?

With these two teams, I don't know, I'm actually asking.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is a great point. We’re no longer in the position we were the last two years where we need everybody we’ve beat to finish strongly to bump up our NET and get a better seed.

We’re 10-0 and barring the worst loss in program history will be 11-0, going into BE play. #5 ranked team. Of course we want ISU to be a Q1 win, but it could drop to Q4 and it wouldn’t mean anything as long as we win the games we’re supposed to win in conference play

It would need to stay a Q1 or Q2. These rankings do matter and only Creighton is currently ranked on our BE schedule. We need a strong NET profile if we want a top 2 seed.

The 2011 team went 9-9 in conference after sweeping the non-con schedule. That combined SOS plus the 5/5 run cemented a 3 seed. Without both runs we would have been in a much worse position heading to the NCAA. In 1995, it meant playing at UCLA instead of playing on the east coast. This year it could cost a highly desirable spot in the NY regional.

Reaction Score
Should have been an out of bounds violation on the Ohio State shooter on the 3. Refs suck in every conference!
Wow, that's ridiculous. Rutgers is others receiving votes and ready to beat tOSU and they get jobbed like that. I think both players were out of bounds and maybe even fouled. What a crappy finish for Pikiell and Rugers.

Reaction Score
Wow, that's ridiculous. Rutgers is others receiving votes and ready to beat tOSU and they get jobbed like that. I think both players were out of bounds and maybe even fouled. What a crappy finish for Pikiell and Rugers.

Amazing that that's not reviewable.

Reaction Score

And the official is standing right there looking at him out of bounds. Wow.

Reaction Score
Surprised to see Houston favored by 9 pts over Bama, even if its at Houston.
Ark only 2.5 over Oklahoma in Oklahoma.
Auburn only 2,5 over Memphis at Memphis.

Is it an anti SEC thing or bigtime home advantage or something else?

Reaction Score
There are 0 games that we will definitely lose. There are 0 games that we will probably lose. But we will (almost) definitely lose 1 or more games. (Hopefully none after March 4th.)
No, I actually think if we win out, we'll get a bid.
If we are assigned a 1 or 2-seed, I like our chance of winning the first game of the NCAA tournament

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
(as promised)
face it. the field this year stinks. putrid.
good for us.
isu, Florida, Oregon - stink, stank, stunk.
the good news is that the early part of the season is almost over, and all that hot nonsense from the experts for teams based on rep, and such, will soon be au revoir, over.
soon, rep will only mean 'what have u done lately?'

now, the real season begins. we're in good shape relative to the field overall, but it's a long way to the final countdown.
i expect numerous upsets and injuries ahead to mix up the mess.
hopefully, not for us.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Huskers fouled.

Purdue made both to go up 3.

Tominaga nails a 3 by Nebraska to tie it.

Purdue blows a wide open corner 3.

OT it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member