Week 5: Other Games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 5: Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Some favorite protection by Big 10 refs, especially on an obvious turnover by Purdue’s Loyer that is erased by a friendly whistle.

Reaction Score
c
Some favorite protection by Big 10 refs, especially on an obvious turnover by Purdue’s Loyer that is erased by a friendly whistle.
checked out the Huskers message board

"Two games in a row the big ten will need to apologize for a blown call to decide the game."

www.google.com

Big Ten admits its officials shouldn't have allowed Ohio State's buzzer-beater vs. Rutgers

Buckeyes guard Tanner Holden was clearly out-of-bounds before he caught the ball and made the shot of his life.
www.google.com
www.google.com

Reaction Score
I moved onto the Kansas/Missouri game.

I posted a bit about them over the summer when I first learned Dennis Gates became their new coach. Easy team to root for with so much mid-major talent on their team transferring up to the SEC. Pretty cool they'll likely be rated on Monday.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bill Raftery is doing Washington State/UNLV. How many games does he do a week? Impressive at his age.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So Alabama handled Houston, that helps UConn. No mention here?

Kansas is crushing 9-0 Missouri on the road. So the cream continues to rise.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Auburn loses. Based on their 1 point win over Northwestern and 5 point win over St. Louis, they are not done losing in the OOC portion of their schedule with a trip to USC and Washington coming up.

Auburn basketball is learning what Auburn football has already discovered. Auburn's sole competitive advantage was its willingness to cheat shamelessly and at a level that other schools were not willing to do. In an NIL world, paying players isn't cheating anymore, and Auburn's competitive advantage has vanished.

Reaction Score
Surprised to see Houston favored by 9 pts over Bama, even if its at Houston.
Ark only 2.5 over Oklahoma in Oklahoma.
Auburn only 2,5 over Memphis at Memphis.

Is it an anti SEC thing or bigtime home advantage or something else?
What a freakin day!!!! So many easy wins. Usually Saturdays are harder. The only one to go sideways was Auburn and I broke my golden rule of not betting Memphis games. Bama, Arkansas, Kansas, Arizona (so far) all crushing their lines. Xavier, Penn St, Miami, WV, tight but picked up as planned. Handicappers putting way too much credence on home advantage. Stupid easy lines.

@August_West did you get paid?

Reaction Score
So Alabama handled Houston, that helps UConn. No mention here?

Kansas is crushing 9-0 Missouri on the road. So the cream continues to rise.
All I had to do was look at Mizzou's roster and their schedule to know to load up Kansas at -3.5.

Reaction Score
First time watching Zona. They have some size. Maybe enough to limit our inside dominance. I've always liked Jackson Davis as a player, but he looks a bit outmatched at the moment.

Reaction Score
Give me Kansas in the NCAA Tournament. I want to see where your allegiance really lies. :)
Auburn loses. Based on their 1 point win over Northwestern and 5 point win over St. Louis, they are not done losing in the OOC portion of their schedule with a trip to USC and Washington coming up.

Auburn basketball is learning what Auburn football has already discovered. Auburn's sole competitive advantage was its willingness to cheat shamelessly and at a level that other schools were not willing to do. In an NIL world, paying players isn't cheating anymore, and Auburn's competitive advantage has vanished.

Gonna need a refreshed undefeated map with Mizzou and Auburn going down :)

Reaction Score
Has anyone checked out Memphis roster? They start three seniors and two super seniors. The bench has two more seniors, a super senior and a junior.

I assumed they were reeling in good freshman. Did I miss something?

Nice win over #11 Auburn

Reaction Score
First time watching Zona. They have some size. Maybe enough to limit our inside dominance. I've always liked Jackson Davis as a player, but he looks a bit outmatched at the moment.
Ballo is a grown ____ man. I knew Trayce would have a hard time with him, but I think Sanogo and Clingan can manage plenty like they did against N'Faly.

Will be interesting to see if Arizona doesn't collapse like they did against Creighton.

Reaction Score
But you're right, Tubelis will eat us alive. We don't have the muscle at the 4.

Reaction Score
Casey Jacobsen on Fox Sports just said incase there were any doubts before, Arizona has the clear best frontcourt in the country. Can one of you UConn twitter peps please @ him ?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom