Week 5: Other Games | The Boneyard

Week 5: Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Light slate tonight, so my focus is on tomorrow. I'm super pumped to catch Iona host Saint Louis tomorrow, their highest ranked home opponent since Richmond visited New Rochelle in 2010, beating the Spiders in double OT.

I previewed the game on my blog, featuring the three keys to a Gaels victory:

Hat tip to @Storrs South for sourcing Oklahoma State highlights to help inspire one of the key points of the article.

The game is almost sold out. If you live near the area, it's a must watch!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This doesn't really belong anywhere but what a play, thought folks would enjoy it.

You brave. Definitely a situation where I’d feel uncomfortable saying that was raw play and I generally feel flexible with a lot of lingo. But it was a raw point.

Reaction Score
Light slate tonight, so my focus is on tomorrow. I'm super pumped to catch Iona host Saint Louis tomorrow, their highest ranked home opponent since Richmond visited New Rochelle in 2010, beating the Spiders in double OT.

I previewed the game on my blog, featuring the three keys to a Gaels victory:

Hat tip to @Storrs South for sourcing Oklahoma State highlights to help inspire one of the key points of the article.

The game is almost sold out. If you live near the area, it's a must watch!
Adrien you from New Rochelle?

I haven't been to an Iona game yet but want to get to one - how are they this year?

2014DualCs

#44 Kangaroo Jack
Reaction Score
Illinois only +2.5 against Texas tonight... I'll be backing the Illini to get the upset and help us out a bit.

Reaction Score
Adrien you from New Rochelle?

I haven't been to an Iona game yet but want to get to one - how are they this year?
I'm from Norwalk and I workplace is on the way to New Rochelle, just a 25 minute drive w/o traffic. I try to go to one or two Iona games a year and bought tickets to tonight's game immediately when they were on sale due to the matchup.

Iona is the clear king of the MAAC. Not the same level of guard play this year than last, though, but their guards are mostly younger guys with a ton of potential.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This doesn't really belong anywhere but what a play, thought folks would enjoy it.

i certainly enjoyed it.
sorry bub, but this one play is more exciting than watching anything soccer, except when the stars and bars are 'on the pitch.'
did i say that right? why is it called 'the pitch?' i don't see any pitching going on.
more importantly, why is that great player wearing a different uniform than anyone else out there? does she have cooties? another game with weird rules, like the hand stuff. entertaining, tho.

Reaction Score
A winnable game for Yale. They are projected to lose by 4, but would be awesome if they get the win.

FJY_QMAWQAAu_6X

i would prefer to see butler beat yale (for the big east's sake) and then for yale to take it out on kentucky this saturday!!

Reaction Score
Meanwhile free admission to DC residents for the Georgetown / Siena game tomorrow night. Siena looking for its third name win of the season.

At that point, why not just let anyone who wants to watch a train wreck live go see the game?

Reaction Score
Could Illinois beat Texas?

Could Duke take another loss?

Fingers crossed

Reaction Score
texas not really impressing me in this game. they're vulnerable.

Reaction Score
texas not really impressing me in this game. they're vulnerable.
The Illinois big Dainja has been straight trash defensively and letting Texas get anything they want inside right now.

Reaction Score
The Illinois big Dainja has been straight trash defensively and letting Texas get anything they want inside right now.
he's a strange player. doesn't have the look of a high major guy -- you don't see a lot of 6'9" dudes who weigh 270 lbs in basketball.

Reaction Score
he's a strange player. doesn't have the look of a high major guy -- you don't see a lot of 6'9" dudes who weigh 270 lbs in basketball.
He barely even flinches on D. Just leaves the paint wide open for the offensive player.

Reaction Score
Watching Texas. They aren't bad or anything. Good resume with some nice wins. #5 Carr has made some nice moves, but there's nothing going on here that we can't hang with.

I think may have some vulnerabilities if we play a team with a multiple big guys that play good D, combined with multiple high caliber guards that are too fast for Ajax to handle. A team like that could knock us out of the tournament. Beyond that team (which may not exist) we can beat anyone. Likely favored against anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom