triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Vs how I actually left the Tournament Tonight :oops:

cbrown.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That Tech-Wake game was brutal to watch. 45-40 the final. Tech shot 17-46 from the field and 7-18 from the line. Wake was 14-64 :eek::eek: The only good thing about the game was the halftime show. I was about to get up and walk around then they said that the A&T Cold Steel Drumline was the halftime show, so I sat right back down. If any of yall are familiar with the Movie Drumline that came out earlier last decade, its based off of the A&T Drumline. A show from a few weeks ago.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

@triaddukefan

That was a tough ending for sure. Will be interesting to see what the team will be like in 2022-2023. Some interesting players coming in.

Well 5 players are definitely gone, 2 others are probably gone, and 1 (Balogun) has a decision to make. Oliver comes back from an injury, 3 recruits... plus the 4 others.. thats 8 players. I guess they would try to get 2-3 transfers in.

Why?
Played 60 games in 3 years. More time together would seem helpful?

I think everybody (the fans) are mentally done for the year. Time to focus on MBB. It would help Lawson to get some more games in... and I think some players would like to keep playing, while others probably are just ready for graduation.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In Big South Action... Hampton's stint in the Big South is done... with a 70-61 defeat to #2 Longwood. On to the Colonial to become a bottom feeder for next season. In the nightcap.... you guys probably think I'm joking when I say that there are no nights off in the Big South. #3 Seed USC-Upstate fell to #10 Seed UNC-Asheville 62-57. USC-U was 14-4 in the conference, UNCA was 3-15. I didnt get to see the game, but UNC-A trailed by one going into the final quarter.

Can the underdog Bulldogs continue their upset trend? Big South semi-finals are set for Saturday evening.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The Utes and the Buffs are leaving nothing to chance in Vegas. Both with 2 wins looking a lot less bubblicious.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was sitting in the Coliseum thinking that in the past few tournaments...when Duke lost it was the final game of the session. Lose, get up and leave the arena and go home and grumble in your living room. Tonight, the Duke fans who stayed... had to sit in our seats stewing while watching a rock-fight on the court.

As far as Cubaj from Tech goes, she came back to the bench midway in the second half but didn't return to the game.

My initial thought was she probably had a concussion, then someone nearby commented... she's bleeding.

Reaction Score
I was sitting in the Coliseum thinking that in the past few tournaments...when Duke lost it was the final game of the session. Lose, get up and leave the arena and go home and grumble in your living room. Tonight, the Duke fans who stayed... had to sit in our seats stewing while watching a rock-fight on the court.

As far as Cubaj from Tech goes, she came back to the bench midway in the second half but didn't return to the game.

My initial thought was she probably had a concussion, then someone nearby commented... she's bleeding.

hope it’s not a concussion. Probably have her on some pain meds after a few stitches in the mouth/lips. May need some dental work.

Reaction Score
You talk as if their season is over. At a minimum Duke is WNIT-bound. But also still on the NCAA bubble.
Didn't intend for it to sound like that. WNIT or not, I still think next season will be interesting with the recruits Lawson is bringing in. One being Koabel who has played with and against Day-Wilson.

Reaction Score
@cancontent did Morra play last night? She isnt on the bench tonight. Jewel Spears isn't on the bench after she started the game. One of the drawbacks of attending in person. No idea what is going on
Sadly no. Morra was out with a non-COVID related illness. They definitely could have used her inside presence last night.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
For today, we have NCSU, LSU, Iowa, SC, MI, L'ville,
Fri., Mar. 4
SEC quarterfinals
#1 South Carolina (1) vs. Arkansas (8) (1p, SECN)
Ole Miss (4) vs. Florida (5) (3:30p, SECN)​
#6 LSU (2) vs. Kentucky (7) (7p, SECN)
#19 Tennessee (3) vs. Alabama (11) (9:30p, SECN)
ACC quarterfinals
#17 North Carolina (4) vs. #21 Virginia Tech (5) (11a, ACCNX)​
#3 NC State (1) vs. Florida State (9) (2p, ACCNX)
#4 Louisville (2) vs. Miami (7) (6p, ACCN)
#20 Notre Dame (3) vs. Georgia Tech (6) (8p, ACCNX)​
Big Ten quarterfinals
#15 Ohio State (1) vs. Michigan State (8) (11:30a, BTN)​
#11 Maryland (4) vs. #14 Indiana (5) (1:30p, BTN)
#13 Iowa (2) vs. Northwestern (7) (6:30p, BTN)
#9 Michigan (3) vs. Nebraska (6) (8:30p, BTN)
Pac-12 semifinals
#2 Stanford (1) vs. Colorado (5) (9p, P12N)
#25 Oregon (2) vs. Utah (6) (11:30p, P12N)​
My tv/iPad will be on all day, watching these games of the top 16 seeds (bolded).

I didn't realize that the Big 12 is still in regular season play and that its tourney isn't until next weekend. So Baylor, Iowa St, and Oklahoma still have to navigate thru these games and then the tourney. Some potential for surprises.

Reaction Score
Jack's Big Sky regular season end at home tonight with a 6pm a MST tip on Senior night. Jack's host Idaho and with a win secure a first round bye

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
For today, we have NCSU, LSU, Iowa, SC, MI, L'ville,

My tv/iPad will be on all day, watching these games of the top 16 seeds (bolded).

I didn't realize that the Big 12 is still in regular season play and that its tourney isn't until next weekend. So Baylor, Iowa St, and Oklahoma still have to navigate thru these games and then the tourney. Some potential for surprises.
Yeah, the Big 12 is the only P5 conference which holds its women's basketball tournament in conjunction with their men's tournament in Kansas City. It wasn't always that way; most times in different cities; and a couple of times one week prior to the men's tourney.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Gutsy effort by Virginia Tech in their OT win over UNC. Down Cayla King, they lose ACC POY Elizabeth Kitley in the 2nd quarter with a shoulder injury, overcomes a 10-point deficit and wins.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Two exciting overtime games in conference tournament quarterfinals.

Virginia Tech and North Carolina exchanged dramatic plays to send it to OT, but it was all Hokies in the extra period. Especially impressive that they won the game without Kitley. VT advances to play NC State/Florida State. UNC probably sees its hosting bubble burst.

Dayton survived a potentially huge upset with an OT win over Davidson in the A-10 quarterfinals. If the Flyers lose in this tournament they'd be a bubble team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Don't mess it up this afternoon, State. FSU is dangerous.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Don't mess it up this afternoon, State. FSU is dangerous.
Yes, they are...and pretty much playing with house money. Beating NC State today would cement an NCAAT berth. They're going to leave it all on the court today.

I hope the Wolfpack Women are ready and come out with their A-game right from the start and not have one of their slow starts.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeah, they have two home wins over NET top 40 programs, and that's it. They lost all their other games against top 40 teams. Maybe they get claustrophobic in packed small arenas away from home? ;)
The only reason they were in the bubble conversation at all was because one of those two top 40 wins was over a #1 seed. Not very many teams can say that. I was more surprised that Notre Dame was dropped from hosting. They have a win over another #1 seed plus a stronger overall resume. But they lost by like 20,000 points to Louisville so...

Plebe

Reaction Score
Dear NC State: Please put a Louisville-over-Notre Dame-style beatdown on Florida State to make it abundantly clear to the committee that they do not deserve an at-large bid.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It definitely gives me encouragement that the ACC may be reduced to only 2 hosting spots :cool:

Banghart was on TV this morning (right before the game) saying that the ACC deserved more than 2 hosting teams. She jinxed herself.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeah I actually think they were reasonably in the conversation if only because everyone else around them has accumulated a lot of bad losses lately (lookin' at you, Arizona). But their sky high NET ranking has irked me all season because it bears no semblance to the reality of the team being at best top 15-20 type team.
Yes, very much agreed. The 11-16 range of the committee rankings has grown absurdly soft with all the losing these teams have done. Tennessee may be a 3 seed right now, for crying out loud!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Banghart was on TV this morning (right before the game) saying that the ACC deserved more than 2 hosting teams. She jinxed herself.
I saw you said you softened your stance on her? What did she say to accomplish such an impossible feat?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom