Week 17 preview (Feb. 28–Mar. 6)

Reaction Score
Had em all the way ;):p:D:rolleyes:
Candy Whatever GIF by M&M’S Chocolate

As my daughter would say to me ;)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Duke survived a slugfest with Pitt and advances to play Miami tomorrow.
When I turned the game off, they were losing and not looking anything like they would even put up much resistance. I recorded it and will watch the replay.

Reaction Score
NAU Lumberjacks end the regular season with home games tipping at 6pm March 2 (Eastern Washington) and March 4 (streaking Idaho, winners of 5 straight).

NAU, Idaho and Sac State are tied in conference (10-8) and battling for the 5th and final bye headed into the championship tournament. Sac State faces the Montana schools at home. Assuming NAU takes care of business against Eastern Washington that last game of the season against Idaho might well determine the fifth seed and coveted bye.
Tip in 5 minutes. This should be a game of three-pointers. NAU is 6th in the NCAA 3-point percentage having attempted 410 from beyond the arc. Eastern Washington loves the three-pointer and has launched over 600.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ASU scored more points in the 4th (28) than in the first 3 quarters in a failed attempt to comeback from a 17 point deficit with 5 minutes remaining. Scott propels the Beavers into the quarters.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Huskies went toe to toe w/ Colorado...until the last 2 minutes. Another cruddy year is mercifully over. I'm sick and tired of losing. 5 years is long enough.
Nice effort by UW. They should be further improved next year, assuming a decent recruiting class. I guess Mulkey is out of eligibility. Are they losing other contributors?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'd forgotten how stressful tournament games can be in person. When you are home, you can pace the hallways, walk from room to room... yell... throw things, stuff like that. That game was nerve wracking, but I survived.

Do you have to buy back your ticket for the next game that you were trying to give away?

It actually seems like a good battle.... darn shame Im five minutes away and blacked out from seeing it. Perhaps I should have given the ticket to one of those panhandlers at one of the various stoplights around town. I wonder if I would have gotten cussed out?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Nice effort by UW. They should be further improved next year, assuming a decent recruiting class. I guess Mulkey is out of eligibility. Are they losing other contributors?
Remains to be seen who might return for a Super Senior year. Rees barely got any minutes, I would expect her to go elsewhere if she wants to use her 5th year of eligibility. Also Langley might encourage a few players to leave. I kind of expect/hope to see the roster revamped next year. There have been far too many players bogging down UW's roster who just aren't Pac 12 level players for years now. None of the freshman got any kind of minutes this season, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see most of them leave. Looking at the roster I think Peterson is out of eligibility. She used a RS year due to injury. I don't even know how anything works anymore, maybe she can petition for one more season of eligibility. There were at least two 7th year players who competed in wcbb this season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
ASU scored more points in the 4th (28) than in the first 3 quarters in a failed attempt to comeback from a 17 point deficit with 5 minutes remaining. Scott propels the Beavers into the quarters.
Oregon St. makes everything into an uphill battle. Usually it's because of turnover differential. That didn't bite them today, it was getting crushed on the offensive glass by ASU. One way or another their opponents always seem to get a bunch more shots up than they do. When you outshoot your opponent 40% to 26% it should be an easy W, but OSU found a way to make it a nail biter.

Reaction Score
NAU runs away from Eastern Washington in the 4th quarter for an 81 to 67 victory. The teams combined for 40 3 pointers hitting 16.

Eastern Washington is super young but they really impressed me the first three quarters of the game. They started the fourth quarter 0 for the first 5 minutes which doomed them.

They have a husband wife coaching team with the wife as the head coach and the husband the associate head coach. It was really interesting as the husband appeared to do most of the coaching, and talking during the timeouts in the huddle.

With a loss to SUU, Idaho State now runs the risk of falling into a tie with Montana State for the top spot in the conference. Montana State leading early in their game against Sac State ends their season Friday against Northern Colorado. Winning both games puts Montana State into a tie with Idaho State. The two teams split the series this season so not sure who is awarded the top seed or the regular season title.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They have a husband wife coaching team with the wife as the head coach and the husband the associate head coach. It was really interesting as the husband appeared to do most of the coaching, and talking during the timeouts in the huddle.
That sounds like the Daughertys when they were at Washington St.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In Big 12 regular season action:

Texas in a grinder in Lawrence avenges its earlier loss to Kansas.

West Virginia collects its first quality win of the season, in 2OT at Kansas State. Don't look now, but if WVU can upset Iowa State on Sunday and win a couple rounds in the Big 12 tournament, they could be considered a bubble team.

Oklahoma wins a tight contest in Stillwater to sweep the Bedlam series and keep itself on the right side of the "hosting bubble".

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
In Big 12 regular season action:

Texas in a grinder in Lawrence avenges its earlier loss to Kansas.

West Virginia collects its first quality win of the season, in 2OT at Kansas State. Don't look now, but if WVU can upset Iowa State on Sunday and win a couple rounds in the Big 12 tournament, they could be considered a bubble team.

Oklahoma wins a tight contest in Stillwater to sweep the Bedlam series and keep itself on the right side of the "hosting bubble".
The Big 12 tiebreakers will come into play (for conference seedings) if ISU, Texas, and Oklahoma all win on Saturday. If all win, Texas ends up being the 4-seed and on Baylor's side of the bracket (with a potential matchup in the semi-finals).

Saturday's last regular season games include: Kansas at Oklahoma; Oklahoma State at Texas; Iowa State at West Virginia

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Today and tomorrow are high-volume days in the conference tournaments. Today includes a total of 16 games in the power conference tournaments. Starting at 11 a.m. Eastern time and not ending until well after midnight with the Pac-12 quarterfinals.

The top 4 seeds in the ACC, SEC and Big Ten tournaments still have the day off, but all of the top 8 teams in the Pac-12 will be in action today.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'd forgotten how stressful tournament games can be in person. When you are home, you can pace the hallways, walk from room to room... yell... throw things, stuff like that. That game was nerve wracking, but I survived.

It actually seems like a good battle.... darn shame Im five minutes away and blacked out from seeing it. Perhaps I should have given the ticket to one of those panhandlers at one of the various stoplights around town. I wonder if I would have gotten cussed out?
It should be a law that tournament games can't be blacked out.
I hope that ESPN doesn't black out the Greensboro big dance games.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It should be a law that tournament games can't be blacked out.
I hope that ESPN doesn't black out the Greensboro big dance games.

They are safe because they will be on Espn networks. The early days of the ACC tournament are on the RSNs.. The Raycom networks.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
They are safe because they will be on Espn networks. The early days of the ACC tournament are on the RSNs.. The Raycom networks.
Yup I am blacked out. I am also in the Triad viewing area

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Big South Action is fantastic. The underdog Blue Hose of Presbyterian fought tooth and nail with the #1 seeded Camels of Campbell. Score tied at 51 all, PC drove in for the winning layup and were called for traveling. In overtime down 57-56, they drove in for the game winning layup but the shot was blocked. Camels survive the Blue Hose 59-56. The game was without controversy...... at the 30 second mark a shot clock violation wasn't called on Campbell, and the Camels retained the ball. Poor Blue Hose :oops:

In Southern Conference Action, both Western Carolina and UNC-Greensboro were eliminated in the first two games of the day.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The defending Big South Champions High Point have been dethroned. Gardner Webb completes the 3-0 season sweep with a 55-53 victory. Went down to the wire, a tough hard fought game. My Panthers will be back even stronger next season, but today is a sad day in Panther Land. First the Baptists beat the Presbyterians in game one. Now the Baptists beat the Methodists in game 2.

panther.png

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well I think Colorado removed all doubt about making the field. Arizona on the other hand might've cost themselves a top 4 seed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom