Week 13 preview (Jan. 31–Feb. 6) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 13 preview (Jan. 31–Feb. 6)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Washington is displaying an amazing ability to lose close games. 0-7 in conference, 5 of the losses by 7 or less points. As they say, it only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I watched the game and Jones played. It was her or someone who looked just like her.
It absolutely wasn't Jones. Not sure which player you thought was her. Maybe Belibi? But she has her signature goggles.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well, Washington St. is doing what they do and pulling out some close games. Won @ Colorado 63-56. Cougs probably in okay shape for get in the Tourney. I think the Buffs have played their way out, fell to 3-6 in conference. They started 2-0, so 1-6 ever since. 3 of the losses have been at home, which is a real killer.
Washington State is very much on the bubble, and a win over Colorado will not be the thing that gets them in. NET in the 60s and their best win is over Gonzaga.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington State is very much on the bubble, and a win over Colorado will not be the thing that gets them in. NET in the 60s and their best win is over Gonzaga.
Well...I refuse to believe the Pac will only get 3 teams in, and WSU seems like the next most likely. Apparently the numbers like Utah, but they have to actually beat some good teams at some point if they want in.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I know I saw some predictions here Oregon was gonna win the Pac 12. Ain't happening. Arizona handled them fairly easily in Tucson, they are 2 games back of Stanford in the loss column. They aren't making up 2 games on the Card.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well...I refuse to believe the Pac will only get 3 teams in, and WSU seems like the next most likely. Apparently the numbers like Utah, but they have to actually beat some good teams at some point if they want in.
Why are they the next most likely? The standings don't tell us much about this; 4 of their 6 wins are over Washington, Cal and USC, and their other 2 wins are over bubble teams.

On that note, the Pac-12 has a slew of bubble teams stacked up after Stanford, Arizona and Oregon. They won't all get in, but I don't think they'll all be passed over either.

Reaction Score
It does look like they're the 4th best team, but losses to Stony Brook & UCLA plus only a decent (not high quality) win over Gonzaga. If Zags dont make tourney, WSU will have 0 wins against the field. Eek.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, Arizona has 15 players listed in the box score. That's the ultimate emptying the bench. That 15 point margin is kinda misleading, it wasn't really that close.

edit--Oregon went 12 deep, I guess both teams got well into their benches

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Why are they the next most likely?
Process of elimination? Who else is the next most likely? UCLA and OSU are both going down in flames this year (Beavs might have started a 6 game losing streak tonight). Colorado is on a 1-6 stretch. Utah hasn't really convinced me yet. So...who other than WSU is likely to be #4? Oh, don't say ASU, definitely not them either.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
USC had a late 8-0 run to take the lead, but then Cal closed on their own 5-0 run. Bears get their first Pac 12 win and out of the cellar. Gottlieb has led USC to 2-7 in conference and 9-10 overall. How could anybody have predicted this wouldn't turn out very well? :rolleyes:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It absolutely wasn't Jones. Not sure which player you thought was her. Maybe Belibi? But she has her signature goggles.
They don't look alike in any way. I got confused because I had just watched a replay of Stanford beating Arizona and Jones played in that game. I yield to you and Vowelguy.

Reaction Score
Process of elimination? Who else is the next most likely? UCLA and OSU are both going down in flames this year (Beavs might have started a 6 game losing streak tonight). Colorado is on a 1-6 stretch. Utah hasn't really convinced me yet. So...who other than WSU is likely to be #4? Oh, don't say ASU, definitely not them either.
Ok, I'll say it. Sun Devils on the bubble.

Tomorrow's game against Oregon will tell us a lot about ASU. A deep run in the Pac-12 tournament after a split with the Wildcats should put CTT's team in the conversation.

I don't expect the coaches of the teams remaining on our schedule to gift us as a la Scott Rueck. That said CTT has quietly brought the newcomers on this team together. Grad transfer Giles (from Rutgers) brings a tremendous energy and focus on rebounding to the team. As evidenced by last night's performance Jade Loville (senior transfer from Boise State) can stroke the ball. Basillo (senior transfer from San Jose State) brings speed and shooting to the back court.

CTT has done a great job considering the entire January schedule was canceled. If Maggie Besslink is fully healthy by the tournament it's not outside the realm of possibility...

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Wow, Arizona has 15 players listed in the box score. That's the ultimate emptying the bench. That 15 point margin is kinda misleading, it wasn't really that close.

edit--Oregon went 12 deep, I guess both teams got well into their benches
I didn't understand why Oregon's charter plane got cancelled and they had to take a bus to Tucson. They didn't get a chance to have a shoot around. That hectic schedule had to affect their play...but Arizona was ready for them and even a little practice probably wouldn't have made a difference in who was going to win that game.

Reaction Score
didn't understand why Oregon's charter plane got cancelled and they had to take a bus to Tucson. They didn't get a chance to have a shoot around. That hectic schedule had to affect their play...but Arizona was ready for them and even a little practice probably wouldn't have made a difference in who was going to win that game.
Wait what? They took a bus from where?
Hopefully not Oregon. :D

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Wait what? They took a bus from where?
Hopefully not Oregon. :D
From Tempe/Phoenix...they played ASU on Tuesday. No idea why they waited until Friday to travel to Tucson. Maybe because of a snow or sand storm?????:):rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Washington is displaying an amazing ability to lose close games. 0-7 in conference, 5 of the losses by 7 or less points. As they say, it only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

I changed my mind about my Husky gear... not sure if it even belongs in the closet.... might have to put them under my bed. ;)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Grand Canyon beat Cal Baptist in a big WAC showdown. CBU has dropped 3 conference games this year after running the table last season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, Chicago St. won their 4th game of the year. They'd won 4 games total during a 5 year stretch from 2016-21.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
South Dakota St. with a big win over South Dakota 75-65.

Reaction Score
That Oklahoma game must have been something. Looks like a 3 point shooter was fouled and OK made 3 FTs to send game into 1st Overtime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom