Week 13 preview (Jan. 31–Feb. 6) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 13 preview (Jan. 31–Feb. 6)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
@Plebe is Friday's game against Butler at 6PM or 7PM? According to the UConn website schedule, it is at 7PM. I don't have access to the SNY schedule and the game isn't on the Fox Sports app now.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
An ugly win over a overmatched foe? Ill take it. Duke 54 Pitt 39

giphy.gif

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Minnesota led most of the game, but Indiana went on a run at the end to pull it out and deny the Gophers a possible signature win.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Clark w/ another triple double--27/11/11. 12-18 shooting, only 3 TOs. Her detractors are gonna have to try really hard to detract from this performance. But I'm sure they'll come up with something.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Clark w/ another triple double--27/11/11. 12-18 shooting, only 3 TOs. Her detractors are gonna have to try really hard to detract from this performance. But I'm sure they'll come up with something.
she was only 1-4 from deep? why is she shooting so much back there? also, why is Bluder playing her 30 minutes in a blowout?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Texas A&M finally found an SEC team they could beat--Arkansas. Razorbacks are a Jekyll and Hyde team.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford was missing Haley Jones as well as Hannah Jump, and still killed UCLA 76-48. Belibi had probably her best game of the year, 20 pts/13 reb and she totally dominated Thomas from UCLA. Brink sat quite a bit w/ foul trouble but going late and had 17/8. Lexie got them started w/ 11 in Q1, barely scored after that. Card were on from behind the arc--11-26. UCLA is gonna have to scramble to make the Tourney this year, doesn't look good at this point.

Reaction Score
Stanford was missing Haley Jones as well as Hannah Jump, and still killed UCLA 76-48. Belibi had probably her best game of the year, 20 pts/13 reb and she totally dominated Thomas from UCLA. Brink sat quite a bit w/ foul trouble but going late and had 17/8. Lexie got them started w/ 11 in Q1, barely scored after that. Card were on from behind the arc--11-26. UCLA is gonna have to scramble to make the Tourney this year, doesn't look good at this point.
A few years of poor recruiting and injuries to their transfers (and Bessoir, maybe a few others) are really catching up to them. Kiki Rice playing alongside Charisma Osborne should be a game changer for them next year, along with getting Bessoir and Dugalic healthy.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
That was a disappointing game. I turned it off at halftime and went on to bed. UCLA has had so many issues this season.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I'm shocked there's not more discussion about Florida's blowout of Tennessee.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I'm shocked there's not more discussion about Florida's blowout of Tennessee.
Never mind. I see there's an entire thread about this on the main UCONN board.

Reaction Score
Just realized Texas and Baylor face off against each other tonight and on Sunday. Looking forward to these games.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just realized Texas and Baylor face off against each other tonight and on Sunday. Looking forward to these games.
Great double header tonight (on separate networks), with the Texas-Baylor game to be followed by the Oregon-Arizona rematch of their infamous "kerfuffle" game (as well termed by @DefenseBB ).

The Texas at Baylor game was supposed to happen on January 9, and it's interesting they'll now play this home-and-away series with 2 games in 3 days.

Both teams need a win, but I think Baylor perhaps more so since they need more insurance to protect their hosting spot and the strength of their resume currently rests precariously on a single quality win (over Iowa State).

Reaction Score
Both teams need a win, but I think Baylor perhaps more so since they need more insurance to protect their hosting spot and the strength of their resume currently rests precariously on a single quality win (over Iowa State).
I look forward to the post game presser about Texas fouling all game. If they thought OU was bad, Texas gonna be another level :D

Reaction Score
Great double header tonight (on separate networks), with the Texas-Baylor game to be followed by the Oregon-Arizona rematch of their infamous "kerfuffle" game (as well termed by @DefenseBB ).

The Texas at Baylor game was supposed to happen on January 9, and it's interesting they'll now play this home-and-away series with 2 games in 3 days.

Haven't heard that word in while. Can't wait to confuse my kid with it the next time I talk to her :D

Reaction Score
Creighton on the verge of winning at DePaul
gotta wonder if these teams are going to beat each other up and no one makes the tourney

Dep, Crei, Marq, Vill all have 3 conference losses

record against the other 3 / UConn / rest of Conf
Crei 3-1 / 0-2 / 8-0
Vill 2-2 / 0-0 / 6-1 (Prov)
Marq 1-2 / 0-0 / 8-1 (SetonH)
DePl 1-2 / 0-1 / 9-0

Creighton definitely in the drivers seat, as it's done with UConn

Reaction Score
Wow. Crazy ending. Two-point game 17 seconds left and Rueck lights it up for two technicals and gets tossed. The Devils hit 10 free throws and win by 10. Really bizarre ending and I wonder what was going through Rueck's mind.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Creighton on the verge of winning at DePaul
gotta wonder if these teams are going to beat each other up and no one makes the tourney

Dep, Crei, Marq, Vill all have 3 conference losses

record against the other 3 / UConn / rest of Conf
Crei 3-1 / 0-2 / 8-0
Vill 2-2 / 0-0 / 6-1 (Prov)
Marq 1-2 / 0-0 / 8-1 (SetonH)
DePl 1-2 / 0-1 / 9-0

Creighton definitely in the drivers seat, as it's done with UConn
I believe Creighton is relatively safe for now, probably in the 8/9 game.

DePaul is veering toward bubble territory. They needed the win over Kentucky to hold value, and it hasn't.

Marquette and Villanova are likely out. The committee would have to cut Nova a lot of slack for all the early games they lost (incl. Temple and Providence) while Siegrist was out.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, Washington St. is doing what they do and pulling out some close games. Won @ Colorado 63-56. Cougs probably in okay shape for get in the Tourney. I think the Buffs have played their way out, fell to 3-6 in conference. They started 2-0, so 1-6 ever since. 3 of the losses have been at home, which is a real killer.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I watched the game and Jones played. It was her or someone who looked just like her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom