Week 13 preview (Jan. 31–Feb. 6) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 13 preview (Jan. 31–Feb. 6)

Reaction Score
Diamond Johnson took too many ill advised shots. 6-23?!?! Crazy especially when your coming off the bench. I think Wes Moore has a tough decision because he didn't play Raina Perez all 4th quarter. The player who hit the most clutch shot of their season last year. I think you should have both on the floor but I get that makes you vulnerable defensively. Anyways kudos to ND. I really like their team. I don't even think they played all that well, but they were able to make enough plays to get the win.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well that was an interesting night. ACC race is up for grabs. NC State, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame all in the mix. I guess VA Tech too, but I have a hard time seeing them keep pace.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yeah, but Louisville barely beat an unranked 11-7 Miami team. Does this mean that they are not worthy, like the Huskies after their recent wins?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe Kara can cancel the rest of the season, for the health and safety of her team? Too soon? :rolleyes:
I was about to let you slide, but

giphy.gif

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Diamond Johnson took too many ill advised shots. 6-23?!?! Crazy especially when your coming off the bench. I think Wes Moore has a tough decision because he didn't play Raina Perez all 4th quarter. The player who hit the most clutch shot of their season last year. I think you should have both on the floor but I get that makes you vulnerable defensively. Anyways kudos to ND. I really like their team. I don't even think they played all that well, but they were able to make enough plays to get the win.
NC State has gotten off to sluggish starts the last few games and it cost them Tuesday night. Still, despite not playing their best and Diamond Johnson taking way too many shots that didn't go in, the Wolfpack Women were in a position to at least force OT if one of those last few THREE attempts had gone in during the final seconds of the game.

Maybe that will be a wake up call. Notre Dame acted like they just wanted it more. You can see that in the rebounding and points in the paint statistics.

It might also be that the team is bored and tired with the grind of the conference race. Did they peak too early? Only time will tell. The "super seniors" returned for this season to take NC State WBB deep into the NCAAT. Can't fault Kayla Jones' effort last night.

A disturbing trend is emerging, though, with respect to the post game. Elissa Cunane has a habit of not being a factor during key stretches...especially early in games. For the second game in a row, she only had 3 FG attempts in the first half. Dodson and the rest of the Fighting Irish did a wonderful job of shutting her down.

NC State is at its best when the "4-out, 1 in" game is working but lately, they have gotten away from that until they are trailing by a significant margin. Then, they flip an invisible switch and look like a completely different team. They can't continue to rely on that in stretches if they want to achieve their season goals...they need to bring it from the start in every game.

Reaction Score
That’s pretty surprising. I would have thought that Maryland would have been involved in a conference game that drew more eyeballs
With all the media attention Clark is getting, I'm not that surprised. People want to see what she'll do next.

Reaction Score
That’s pretty surprising. I would have thought that Maryland would have been involved in a conference game that drew more eyeballs
Reminder that the secret to good sports ratings is a close game. The TV rating is the average rating over the 2 hours. Non competitive games see viewers tune out, pulling the average down. Competitive games keep their initial viewers and pick up late comers/channel flippers who stop on a good game.

Reaction Score
Reminder that the secret to good sports ratings is a close game. The TV rating is the average rating over the 2 hours. Non competitive games see viewers tune out, pulling the average down. Competitive games keep their initial viewers and pick up late comers/channel flippers who stop on a good game.
So that's what Dawn is up to in keeping them close! ;)

Reaction Score
With all the media attention Clark is getting, I'm not that surprised. People want to see what she'll do next.
It was only 164,000. About 20 games this year have had more than 200,000 viewers.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It was only 164,000. About 20 games this year have had more than 200,000 viewers.
Oh come on, the BIGTEN has won exactly 1 NCAAT 20+ years ago so it's not like they have been a "hotbed of WCBB" so let them have their moment in the sun. The conference has shown remarkable improvement top to bottom in the last 5 years with Indiana, Iowa, Michigan all rising into the National consciousness vs. the traditional power of the SEC. I would hope the marquee team in a longstanding WCBB power conference would have strong ratings. Be a bit more magnanimous towards your brethren, ya know, like we show to all you "Gamecock fans" here on the BY....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Typically, a game between two teams from the bottom quartile of Division I have a hard time making the cut.

And besides, why steal your thunder? :)
Normally, I would echo @triaddukefan input to our fine colleague @Plebe on my Rhody Rams (16-3, 8-0) on a 9 game winning streak are playing the St Louis Billikins Wed, Feb 2 at 6 PM on ESPN+ in Kingston, RI but I don't want to draw attention to the game from all the P5 Coach mongerers on their calling for Tami to get a P5 job...wait, where's the delete button to remove this comment? ;)

Reaction Score
I'm going to assume these were MBB games. If this is a record for women's games, I think my point is still valid.
Oh come on, the BIGTEN has won exactly 1 NCAAT 20+ years ago so it's not like they have been a "hotbed of WCBB" so let them have their moment in the sun. The conference has shown remarkable improvement top to bottom in the last 5 years with Indiana, Iowa, Michigan all rising into the National consciousness vs. the traditional power of the SEC. I would hope the marquee team in a longstanding WCBB power conference would have strong ratings. Be a bit more magnanimous towards your brethren, ya know, like we show to all you "Gamecock fans" here on the BY....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Just for you @Plebe ..................... "There are no days off in the BIG10!" :D (especially this season ;))

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For the first time since December of 2004.... The Panthers (My Panthers) of High Point make their way across Guilford County to face off against the Aggies (My Aggies) of NC A&T. Will the bad blood emerging from the first HPU vs A&T matchup on the men's side make its way to the women's side?? Time will tell. After a brutal early season non-conference schedule which featured road games in Chapel Hill...at Kansas State, and in the Chicken Coop down in Lower Carolina... and after covid protocols hit the program hard... My aggies have won 6 straight games. Its the only scheduled game between the two this season (Come on BIg South)

TIp-off is at 6pm at Club Corbett.. on ESPN+.

Reaction Score
But for BTN that's good. People will flip to ESPN, ESPN2 to see what's on. Not so much for BTN, which also has less coverage.
Got it. Yeah, for a conference network, 164,000 is pretty good. I keep forgetting the SEC has an advantage with ESPN/SECN BUNDLE.

Calling @awhom111

And after searching , this MAY be th biggest conference network broadcast of the year.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well the NCA&T Aggies got gobsmacked by the HPU Panthers 72-53. The end of their six game winning streak proves that in the Big South.... on any given Wednesday you have to bring your A game.

Beware Big South teams... a powerful Panther is on the prowl.

be49b7b035a0b2b09e9c7b80a03ad175.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In other Big South Action Charleston Southern was down at the half to Longwood 33-27. I was like.. thats alot closer than I thought. Checked back at the end of the 3rd quarter... Longwood was ahead 73-36 :eek::eek::eek::eek: Final score 91-59. 40 points in the 3rd quarter might be a Big South record.

In the nightcap.... Campbell regrouped and defeated UNC-A 70-60. You knew there was NO WAY that the Camels were gonna lose today... cause...

Yes-Today-is-that-day-meme-7059.jpg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Camels couldn't get dehumped 3 times in a row, because they had no more humps to lose.

Reaction Score
OU does a sweep on Baylor

Impressive poise by OU to close it out when things looked bad at times

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member