Week 11 preview (Jan. 17-23) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 11 preview (Jan. 17-23)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Ayoka Lee ended her day with 61 points....absolutely monster game
How, in the modern era of WCBB, did one team allow a player to score 61 points in a game? Was any attempt made to stop her?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
How, in the modern era of WCBB, did one team allow a player to score 61 points in a game? Was any attempt made to stop her?
If you've watched any OU games this season, you'd come to the conclusion that they don't play defense; any defense. They are all about offense and trying to outscore the opposition (which in theory will win you the game). And, OU doesn't have any size/height in the post. Lee getting the ball a couple of feet from the basket was basically taking candy from a baby.

Reaction Score
I didn't know that "scrappy" was a euphemism for "god-awful".
Ever since this guy it has.

1642994050564.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I didn't know that "scrappy" was a euphemism for "god-awful".

Well they were spirited for about 8 minutes :confused:

UVA has a player K. Lawson and for a stretch she was doing damage on the offensive end of the court. There isn't another Lawson on the team, so not sure why she has the K Lawson on her jersey instead of just Lawson.

Reaction Score
1643027128320.png

Can't wait for the AP poll this afternoon to see at what spot Kentucky will be at. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Down two starters... Duke pulls out a 57-48 win over a scrappy UVA team.

A win is a win is a win. @cancontent
I was in NFL playoff land yesterday and was going to ask you this question after seeing the box score. Down two starters helps to answer some questions. That fourth quarter however................................

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ooph, Colorado! After 3 close losses, jumped out to a 10 pt. 1st quarter lead against Arizona, then got destroyed the rest of the game. Now 2-4 in conference. Not looking like they are going to take a step forward from last year, at all.

Washington continuing their play close, keep the score low, make it ugly, but come up a bit short strategy. On the UW board I keep seeing some fans insisting there is a noticeable higher quality of play, but I don't remember Wynn's teams being held under 50 points this often.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was in NFL playoff land yesterday and was going to ask you this question after seeing the box score. Down two starters helps to answer some questions. That fourth quarter however................................

According to the post game press conference, Coach Lawson went to stall ball midway through 4th quarter.... it almost backfired. She wasn't pleased with the team's energy.

A few notes.. a walk-on guard Havas played a Duke career high in minutes at 16. Nyah Green.. who had been glued to the end of the bench pretty much all season, came off and played 23 minutes, and responded with 3-3 shooting and 8 points... (2-2 on three pointers)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Also kudos to Utah for getting a road win over Arizona St. yesterday. Jumped out to a huge lead in Q1, ASU came storming back, but the Utes held on. I've been hyping Jenna Johnson, she had a quiet game but fellow Minnesotan freshman Kneepkens was big in this one. Without having watched everybody, Johnson and Kneepkens have to be among the best pair of totally under the radar Fr. teammates. Gotta ask again how Whalen let BOTH of them get out of state. Maybe they are LDS so a school in Utah was always going to be a big draw.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And UCLA completed the season sweep of USC. Gottlieb is continuing the proud tradition of underachieving there. I'm so shocked, I never would've expected that...:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom