Week 11 preview (Jan. 17-23) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 11 preview (Jan. 17-23)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I can't say I'm sad to see all the hype and hullabaloo over Colorado's undefeated record — built entirely on marshmallow-soft, home-heavy scheduling — go down in flames, now with a loss to a team that itself has losses to Houston and Creighton.

Amazing how it's harder to stay undefeated when you actually play true road games against teams with half a pulse. I have infinitely more respect for ASU for having played such games in the nonconference, even if they've struggled and taken their lumps.

Reaction Score
Stanford struggling with lowly Cal. Wont be surprised at all if the Card doesnt make the final 4.

Reaction Score
Stanford struggling with lowly Cal. Wont be surprised at all if the Card doesnt make the final 4.
yet another poster who jumped the gun early, Stanford crushing Cal.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Stanford had a major defensive lapse in the 2nd to let Cal come back from down 20-10 to tied at 42-42. But they righted the ship in the second half, winning 97-74. Anna Wilson was suited up on the bench but didn't play, so Jordan Hamilton got a lot of minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
yet another poster who jumped the gun early, Stanford crushing Cal.
What jumping the gun? I didn’t say they’d lose; I said they were struggling. Which was correct; they DID struggle through 3 qtrs against the possibly worst team in the conference.

Reaction Score
What jumping the gun? I didn’t say they’d lose; I said they were struggling. Which was correct; they DID struggle through 3 qtrs against the possibly worst team in the conference.
that 3rd quarter Stanford outscored Cal 33-13. If that is struggling sign me up. Last season they lost to Colorado, Tara doesn't care about wins or loses during the regular season. She is getting her team ready for a national title run.

Reaction Score
Amazing how it's harder to stay undefeated when you actually play true road games against teams with half a pulse. I have infinitely more respect for ASU for having played such games in the nonconference, even if they've struggled and taken their lumps.
This game had a total of 51 turnovers and 47 fouls compared to 38 made shots as Colorado lost a second consecutive OT conference game on the road. Shows that conference games on the road are always tough.

I will say the Buffs had an amazing trapping defense that generated 19 steals. It was interesting that ASU was able to hit more 3-pointers than the Buffs. That tells you something about both ASU's defense on the parameter and the Buffs lack of deep shooting ability.

CTT always plays a relatively challenging schedule with strong mid majors. This year we played Baylor and BYU in tough loses The lost to Minnesota is a real blemish I think on the schedule and as you said an inability to beat Houston was a disappointment. I don't think Creighton's half bad however and they are tough at home.

What impressed me last night was the ability to generate just enough offense to prevail with leading scorer Jade Lovelle still sidelined with health protocols. Senior Jade Van Hefty who started really hasn't recovered from her knee issues and surgery and played very limited minutes.

Over on the Buff''s side I was impressed with Sherrod's intensity and passion. That said she really does need some coaching because at the end of the game and in an overtime she was really out of control. I had forgot that Hollingsworth who has a fairly nice touch is skinny as rail. It looks like a strong wind would blow her over. CTT's squad held those two to 5 of 22 from the floor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In another 2:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time tip off today the NAU Lumberjacks go on the road to play the Montana Grizz. The two teams are in a three-way tie for third place in the Big Sky with Montana State.

The Jacks have struggled on the road this year and Montana is always tough at home. The key for the Jacks is to hit threes early and often.

Montana scored 93 at home in their last game and in December put up 103 on Utah State at home. Given the Jacks lack of interest in defense the best NAU can hope for is an up and down game with the Jacks hitting the three ball. If the Jacks are cold from the field this could easily turn into a 30-point rout.

Reaction Score
The PAC-12 season is brutal. Every game is a war. Doesn't matter if you are playing Stanford or Cal, every game is a challenge at home or on the road. Explains why PAC-12 conference performs well in the NCAA Tournament
idk if you noticed but I feel like ever since they added Colorado and Utah the travel schedule has also made it harder to win on the road. Can only imagine how players have to go play in altitude on a weekday.

Reaction Score
UCF takes a devastating loss at Cincinnati. 61-57. The refs were exceptionally questionable in this game. UCF took only 1 free throw in the game but they shouldn't have been in a close game with a team like Cincy. Not sure how much this will hurt the tourney hopes.

Reaction Score
Holy Toledo takes command of the MAC with a slight surprise in beating Buffalo at home. Toledo marches onwards to 8-0 in MAC action. They were really able to clamp down on Dyaisha Fair, which is a recipe for success versus Buffalo.

Reaction Score
Haley Cavinder on triple double watch at halftime. Fresno State up by 9.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Haley twins v Duff twins today.

Preview of the Fresno State Bulldogs vs. New Mexico Lobos basketball game. Fresno State vs. New Mexico - Game Preview - January 22, 2022 - ESPN

Has Fresno State been a disappointment this year? Is this partly due to the off the court work of the Haley and Hanna?
They were definitely disappointing in OOC, but seem to be back to form now that they are playing conference games.

I find myself thinking that their struggles might be indicative of just how important Maddi Utti was to the team. I still don't understand her leaving there and taking a step down to Long Beach St./Big West, but it must've made sense to her.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
San Diego is giving BYU a good game. 38-32 in the third quarter. BYU averages 13 TO a game has committed 11 in the first half.

Reaction Score
They were definitely disappointing in OOC, but seem to be back to form now that they are playing conference games.

I find myself thinking that their struggles might be indicative of just how important Maddi Utti was to the team. I still don't understand her leaving there and taking a step down to Long Beach St./Big West, but it must've made sense to her.
I wonder if she entered the portal thinking she could get a spot in the PAC 12, but didn’t find a good landing place. At that point, the Beach may have been the best option.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Cal Baptist beats Abilene Christian 77-71
Cal Baptist moves to 15-2 (6-0 in the WAC) and thats 10 wins in a row.
Only 5 assists by Olaeta drops her to 2nd in the apg race, behind the Domers Olivia Miles.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Kentucky in real trouble now. They may not even finish the season with a winning record.

Reaction Score

Jade Loville available this afternoon and will start!

edit Jade only 3 for 10 beyond the arc in shoot around.

Utah 5th in scoring so CTT's defenses will be tested this afternoon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kentucky in real trouble now. They may not even finish the season with a winning record.
Their SEC sked was front loaded. Their remaining 9 games include Van x2, TAMU, Ala, Aub, Ark, Mo. If they win 5 of those they finish 13-11. But that's probably more WNIT. If they can close out 7-2 though ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom