We’re on to house money | Page 4 | The Boneyard

We’re on to house money

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think everyone wants them to keep going.. but if they lost we would still be proud of them..and that we had a good year …
Good luck to this if we don't win four more. "Everyone" is a big number and you don't have to be a math nerd to know that. This board may be gracious now but it will be a hit show if that final goal isn't attained.

There certainly will be those that will advocate this season is incredible and ultimately the vast majority of fragilistas will become understated. But initially - yikes!

We are spoiled and arrogant. This is the way!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This team is 100% good enough to win a title.

But when you get this far anything can happen. I want to and fully believe this team should be playing in Houston but at this point anything can happen and the there is 0 doubt this program is back and heading in the right direction.

I am proud to be a member of the uconn family no matter what happens from here on out.
This should be the way!

Unfortunately we have fans who are spoiled and arrogant and proud of that status. Their way will be quite different.

I have spoken!

Reaction Score
Kansas and Houston were the two I did not/do not want to see - UCLA, to a lesser extent.

KU and UH are the two that could really exploit our ballhandling issues. We can definitely beat both - probably a better shot with UH - but it would be really tough.
and in Houston....

Reaction Score
Good luck to this if we don't win four more. "Everyone" is a big number and you don't have to be a math nerd to know that. This board may be gracious now but it will be a hit show if that final goal isn't attained.

There certainly will be those that will advocate this season is incredible and ultimately the vast majority of fragilistas will become understated. But initially - yikes!

At least we are not smug. I would hate it if we were. Kansas is smug....but their done so thats good.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Obviously, we want to keep going and we can definitely beat Arkansas, but we’re at the house money stage.

Season is an unqualified success after tonight - NCAA monkey is dead and buried.

We have our flaws, but the other 15 teams will have their own and we have as good a shot as anyone to win this thing.
150 LIKES?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Speaking of losing, if we unfortunately lose at some point, will you stop talking like you're a Mandalorian?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Speaking of losing, if we unfortunately lose at some point, will you stop talking like you're a Mandalorian?
Messing with the mojo we are.

That will be the way! I have spoken!

Reaction Score
I think this team is special and can win it all and I will be disappointed if they don’t. Not mad, not demanding people be held accountable and questioning the future of the program like certain usual suspects would do, but disappointed.

I feel great about where the program is and is headed but no matter how good your recruiting classes are building a team where the pieces fit, where you have the right mix of vets and 1-2 year guys is so damn hard let’s take advantage of it when we’ve got it. I don’t think anyone can beat our best game so let’s get it done

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think this team is special and can win it all and I will be disappointed if they don’t.
When UConn finally made their 1st FF, Joe D was talking to Dee Rowe. And if you remember, Joe D's interview style was to give his overlong opinion about something first then ask his guest to agree to it. In this case, Joe D went on a filibuster on how great it was to be here and that fans should just kick back whatever happens. Classy Dee Rowe pretty much told Joe D to stick it in his hat. "No way!" he said. The team isn't thinking that, they are here to win and anything less is a disappointment. That's where I find myself. We can beat anyone and perhaps we should. The current hot team we already beat by over 2 touchdowns.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I agree fully.

There are times for moral victories but this is not one of them.

Push all of the chips to the middle of the table (this is Vegas) and dare anyone to come up with a better hand.

Reaction Score
I don't remember what everyone's expectations were so I searched some threads. Happened to find this fine photo, post #21

FYzWMUqWYAEKOqL.jpg

Reaction Score
I would like to see this team have a game with everybody 'on' for 40 minutes. If they are ever able to manage this, I don't think there is another team that can beat them with even if they played their "A" game as well.

They must come out for 40 against Arkanasas though. At this point in the tournament, one bad 4 minutes stretch can cost you the game.

Reaction Score
We are now 13-0 outside the Big East, including a win over #1 Alabama. We’ll continue that steak next week and roll right into the Final Four. After that, everything’s up for grabs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom