We’re on to house money | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We’re on to house money

Reaction Score
If they play well, the opponent doesn't matter. That still applies. The trick is playing well for 40 minutes every game which we haven't since December.
We’ve come pretty close several times over the last month. Our challenges still remain the same, keep Newton running downhill and have Hawk show up and make a difference. Sanogo will do his part and the rest of the cast is almost always adequate.

Reaction Score
It been a long 9 years since the last Sweet 16. So glad UConn is back:) Also we can be critical of Hurley and the Staff when we think they screwed up, but right now they deserve a lot of credit and we should heap nothing but praise to them
Apparently some people aren't as keen on there being any allowance for being critical. I'm just stunned that there are people who want to pretend the middle of the season never happened - as if it has been all sunshine and roses throughout. Hell, maybe its even better for them to have gone through that adversity and come out the other side better for it. But it definitely happened.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don’t know when you and I started seeing this stuff the same way. It scares me quite a bit. But yes. That’s the exact thing now. House Money now. We could go further, we should go further, but I’m not bothered any longer just having fun now.
Maybe it’s me, but when you’ve been on this ride through 4 titles, it becomes more about the journey than the destination.

People gave me grief about preferring consistent successes in the tournament every year over an occasional NC and missing the tournament in between. The tournament is a blast. Certainly want this ride to continue, but I’m enjoying it no matter what.

Reaction Score
I'm just stunned that there are people who want to pretend the middle of the season never happened -

You mean when the Big East refs buried this team into a slump? We remember, but it hardly matters now. Onward and upward.

I'm stunned there are people still stewing over the slump. Get over it or get lost.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Maybe it’s me, but when you’ve been on this ride through 4 titles, it becomes more about the journey than the destination.

People gave me grief about preferring consistent successes in the tournament every year over an occasional NC and missing the tournament in between. The tournament is a blast. Certainly want this ride to continue, but I’m enjoying it no matter what.
Spoken like a true Kansas fan
No Way Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Reaction Score
Obviously, we want to keep going and we can definitely beat Arkansas, but we’re at the house money stage.

Season is an unqualified success after tonight - NCAA monkey is dead and buried.

We have our flaws, but the other 15 teams will have their own and we have as good a shot as anyone to win this thing.
Agree. It would hurt, though, to lose to an 8 seed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t buy this house money nonsense. We’re deep, healthy, good on both ends, top seeds have been eliminated. You never know when you’ll be in this position again.

Title or bust.
Yeah, I hate saying house money before a game we should win.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree. It would hurt, though, to lose to an 8 seed.
Seeds are irrelevant now. It’s a matchup game. This is going to be a tough game and the guys have to execute. One We can and should win if we play the way we are capable of.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Obviously, we want to keep going and we can definitely beat Arkansas, but we’re at the house money stage.

Season is an unqualified success after tonight - NCAA monkey is dead and buried.

We have our flaws, but the other 15 teams will have their own and we have as good a shot as anyone to win this thing.
This post got 107 LIKES and probably counting?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Opposing coaches have been warning the country about us. I’ve heard about 5 of them say “when they play like that, no one can beat them.” They’ve all been warned.

Adama is an absolute beast. Then we go to the bench and bring Big Don. It’s a nightmare.

This is so fun. For as far as we fell, I’m just gonna enjoy all of this. We all remember sitting at the XL getting buried by Nova and Wichita State. Losing back to back buy games. Was it Northeastern and Wagner? Drawing like 4,000 for a weeknight game vs Tulane. I had us done. I questioned if we’d be relevant again.

This is what Cooley doesn’t understand about us when he calls us arrogant. It’s not arrogance when we go nuts in Gampel. We’re hungry. We tasted the losing and we are done with it.

Reaction Score
You mean when the Big East refs buried this team into a slump?
Exactly. The BE refs where the real reason we got into a slump. DH alluded to it in the press conference when he mentioned "BE style" to a question about the mid year slump. Just ask Marquette and Providence what happens when your style is not the style that is officiated [not to mention Nova and whomever in the NIT].

Reaction Score
This team is 100% good enough to win a title.

But when you get this far anything can happen. I want to and fully believe this team should be playing in Houston but at this point anything can happen and the there is 0 doubt this program is back and heading in the right direction.

I am proud to be a member of the uconn family no matter what happens from here on out.
Exactly this.

Reaction Score
Just leave it all on the floor and see what happens. Only one game to play. Let’s win that one.
I actually think our two slow starts were 100% based on just surviving to the next round it wasn’t just Hurleys monkey it was UConn’s as well. Now there aren’t any clear favorites. They can just play. Go blue. I think Dre is going to be on a Chris Wilcox scale from 02 if not more. We haven’t even scene Alex go off yet.

Reaction Score
Well, whatever the case, the B1G proves once again it is a trash basketball conference. I know a nice Eastern Flagship that can show up and rep so they aren’t perennially embarrassed.

Reaction Score
Losing to Kansas would be par seeding. Losing to Arkansas would be disappointing.
Have to agree. If we were playing Kansas on Thursday I would be content with a loss, but losing to an Arkansas team that's 7-6 since February would sting a hell of a lot.

Reaction Score
If they play well, the opponent doesn't matter. That still applies. The trick is playing well for 40 minutes every game which we haven't since December.
And we still haven’t. That is scary.

Reaction Score
You mean when the Big East refs buried this team into a slump? We remember, but it hardly matters now. Onward and upward.

I'm stunned there are people still stewing over the slump. Get over it or get lost.
Come on. Nobody is "stewing" over it. But pretending it didn't happen or that losing 6 of 8 games was the refs is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I hate saying house money before a game we should win.
I agreed with Fishy for the simple fact that we've been here before with a hall of fame coach and came up empty against teams we should have beaten.

Reaction Score
And we still haven’t. That is scary.
I don't know. I feel like they played pretty damn well during the 14-0 start. No team plays perfectly for all 40 minutes. Hard to say UConn didn't do about as well as possible against Alabama or Oregon or Iowa or Florida. It definitely is nice seeing the depth on the bench start to make a bigger difference again like it did earlier in the season.

Reaction Score
One key from more than house money at this point is Hawkins playing both halves on both ends of the court. His no show first halves could potentially kill us as we get deeper.

All the other pieces are there. Thursdays’s going to be fun!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom