We’re on to house money | The Boneyard

We’re on to house money

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Obviously, we want to keep going and we can definitely beat Arkansas, but we’re at the house money stage.

Season is an unqualified success after tonight - NCAA monkey is dead and buried.

We have our flaws, but the other 15 teams will have their own and we have as good a shot as anyone to win this thing.

Reaction Score
Obviously, we want to keep going and we can definitely beat Arkansas, but we’re at the house money stage.

Season is an unqualified success after tonight - NCAA monkey is dead and buried.

We have our flaws, but the other 15 teams will have their own and we have as good a shot as anyone to win this thing.
Amen

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Yup. Would’ve been worried about Kansas. Not so much now

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I don’t know when you and I started seeing this stuff the same way. It scares me quite a bit. But yes. That’s the exact thing now. House Money now. We could go further, we should go further, but I’m not bothered any longer just having fun now.

Reaction Score

Well said.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Disagree. There are very few times in any program's history where A) the team is very talented, B) the team plays with great chemistry, and C) there are no other dominant teams left. The other team that scared me the most, Kansas, is home already. There have been plenty of seasons, like 1995 or 1998 or 2002, where there was a team that was just better than UConn standing between the Huskies and the Final Four. That isn't the case this year.

The simplest way to think of blackjack strategy is that you want to get as much money as possible on the table when you have an advantage. UConn has the advantage right now. Let's double down.

Reaction Score
This team has the ability and path to win it all. I would be disappointed with anything less than a Final Four

Reaction Score
I like the premise, but “f” that. We only get so many shots at this thing. We have what it takes to win this tournament. I can tell myself we are playing with house money, and I do. The truth is, I’m lying to myself. I’ve become complacent because of 8 years of futility. If we are to reclaim our place among the elite and recruit like it, we’ve got to get results. Let’s get to the Final Four and then talk about house money. This team has the goods.

Reaction Score
I don’t know when you and I started seeing this stuff the same way. It scares me quite a bit. But yes. That’s the exact thing now. House Money now. We could go further, we should go further, but I’m not bothered any longer just having fun now.
Probably because we've been through it all so many times. No matter how good the team is, getting past sixteen or eight is still no guarantee.

Reaction Score
Disagree. There are very few times in any program's history where A) the team is very talented, B) the team plays with great chemistry, and C) there are no other dominant teams left. The other team that scared me the most, Kansas, is home already. There have been plenty of seasons, like 1995 or 1998 or 2002, where there was a team that was just better than UConn standing between the Huskies and the Final Four. That isn't the case this year.

The simplest way to think of blackjack strategy is that you want to get as much money as possible on the table when you have an advantage. UConn has the advantage right now. Let's double down.
Gonzaga is pretty good. UCLA is really good. Both beatable (not in the 1995 UCLA, 1998 UNC, or 2002 Maryland class), but are at least on our level.

Reaction Score

But there were also seasons like 1994, 1996, and 2006 where there weren't better teams in the way and they still didn't get there. It happens.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Probably because we've been through it all so many times. No matter how good the team is, getting past sixteen or eight is still no guarantee.
This team hasn’t been through it but I like it for them too. I think win or lose we come out swinging rest of the way. I like that.

Reaction Score
Arkansas is a physically tougher team than either of the ones we played but I’m sure that the breakdowns of Arkansas will tell us more but our guys aren’t thinking House money, they’re thinking one shining moment.

Reaction Score
It been a long 9 years since the last Sweet 16. So glad UConn is back:) Also we can be critical of Hurley and the Staff when we think they screwed up, but right now they deserve a lot of credit and we should heap nothing but praise to them

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yup. Would’ve been worried about Kansas. Not so much now

Kansas and Houston were the two I did not/do not want to see - UCLA, to a lesser extent.

KU and UH are the two that could really exploit our ballhandling issues. We can definitely beat both - probably a better shot with UH - but it would be really tough.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It should be fun anyway.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
But there were also seasons like 1994, 1996, and 2006 where there weren't better teams in the way and they still didn't get there. It happens.

That's my point. UConn has been the best program in college basketball from 1989 through 2016, and UConn may be back. The Huskies have had several years where they were as good as any team in the country, and 1994, 1996 and especially 2006 hurt.

We want to make this year count.

Reaction Score
Oddly enough, I don’t think we’ve lost in the regional rounds since 2003 vs. Texas. We’ve either won it all, gotten to the FF, gotten bounced early, or missed the tourney entirely.

Reaching the Sweet 16 is a good accomplishment for DH and this particular UConn team but they have the talent to go a lot farther.

Reaction Score
This team is 100% good enough to win a title.

But when you get this far anything can happen. I want to and fully believe this team should be playing in Houston but at this point anything can happen and the there is 0 doubt this program is back and heading in the right direction.

I am proud to be a member of the uconn family no matter what happens from here on out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom