Villanova Postgame Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Villanova Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
I agree, @BillsFan. I thought Kim Adams and John Fanta were great. And the guy who did yesterday’s game with Kim was fine. But Kustock didn’t really say much that wasn’t obvious. Not having anything valuable to add didn’t stop her from talking nonstop. Not sure why she gets the gig over Kim who I think is far better.
She is their lead color person for basketball, not just women’s games. There is also the elephant in the room; it is Fox.

Reaction Score
What happened? I looked away for a few minutes and she was on the bench. She barely contributed. Was she sick?. Injured?

Reaction Score
Didn’t see anything and nothing was said about any issues .. she wasn’t needed and Azzi had more PT and so did CD
The good sign is that she looked happy and moved just fine in the post game ceremonies. She gave out so much effort in games one and two, maybe she was " taxed." But something was going on. She wasn't playing her normal game....and then she sat. No one asked in the post game press conference? Are there actual reporters on the job?

Reaction Score
The point of seeding isn’t just to give the top seeds easier paths. It’s mainly to protect all the middle of the pack teams from too early elimination. If a Cinderella is lurking in the bottom half of the bracket, it’s a good idea not to force them to face the 1 or the 2 right away. Give them a chance to get their tournament legs under them. Then maybe something exciting happens, like Creighton making the elite eight.

Reaction Score
I get the feeling that there will be 2 unhappy teams among the top 8 seeds. The #1 seed that must face a #2 UConn in the same bracket, and the #2 team that has to face #1 SC in the bracket. If by chance it is #1 SC vs #2 UConn in the same bracket, I am thinking both teams will simply say, "bring it on."
The committee will get crucified if they put UConn-SC in an Elite 8 matchup. I'm sure they're smart enough to not let that happen.

Closer Look

Closer Look
Reaction Score
Unusually bad form by the ladies following end of game. While only the coaches were in the post-game high five line, they were celebrating in a full-team huddle on the side of the floor while all the Villanova players went through and there were no players to slap hands with. As you will see in one of the photos from TV screen grabs that shows all the Villanova blue shirts pacing behind the huddle of UConn players celebrating on the floor, not giving their fellow Big Easters respect they deserve by being in that line as all teams always do. Probably an over-zealous oversight of team unity after this tough season, but if you are not going to cut down the nets you should have time to do the right thing and give the opponent you just whipped a friendly gesture of true sportsmanship. Hope this is a one-off occurrence going forward in NCAAs. They always have A-one class, this time it wasn't displayed. Anyone else notice?

Reaction Score
Actually, the guy who called yesterday's game was the same guy who called tonight's game (Matt Schumaker) . The difference was that Kim Adams allowed him call the play by play while Sarah Kustock insisted on telling longwinded, boring stories and she stepped all lover the play by play. She dragged Matt down with her nonstop rhetoric.

Yeah, I am not a fan of Sarah Kustock at all. Can't stand announcers who feel like they need to completely finish telling a long-winded story rather than interrupt themselves to talk about a foul or to comment on the action.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The spacing when Lou and Azzi on the floor at the same time opens everything up for everyone else.
Love to see Nika drive to the basket, she stopped doing it when her arms were hacked off and she got no calls.
Two of Nika's T/O's should have been fouls on Nova, but the ref (Joe Vazsily) didn't see it that way. I'm getting tired of other teams getting the calls when a UConn player gets close to the head, but not UConn.

Reaction Score
Unusually bad form by the ladies following end of game. While only the coaches were in the post-game high five line, they were celebrating in a full-team huddle on the side of the floor while all the Villanova players went through and there were no players to slap hands with. As you will see in one of the photos from TV screen grabs that shows all the Villanova blue shirts pacing behind the huddle of UConn players celebrating on the floor, not giving their fellow Big Easters respect they deserve by being in that line as all teams always do. Probably an over-zealous oversight of team unity after this tough season, but if you are not going to cut down the nets you should have time to do the right thing and give the opponent you just whipped a friendly gesture of true sportsmanship. Hope this is a one-off occurrence going forward in NCAAs. They always have A-one class, this time it wasn't displayed. Anyone else notice?
Did the Nova players shake hands with the coaches? I didn’t notice.
I’m not inclined to ding our team on this; it was a hard season and they huddled up to say whatever was said to each other. It’s not like we ran off the court and disrespected them. If Nova had stuck around another 20-30 seconds, they could have shook hands but they chose not to, and I don’t necessarily ding them either.

Reaction Score
I like what I see. All 5 players at times attacked and to the basket. Nika Dorka Not afraid to take shots 3s even of they miss as long as they are open looks. Got sloppy end of 3rd 4th quarter. Probably need to play even better once we get to the round of 16 on. Great tournament run. Starting to get everything clicking right. 6 more and vengeance match with SC.

Reaction Score
That’s what I thought I saw too, and have never seen it before.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I am not a fan of Sarah Kustock at all. Can't stand announcers who feel like they need to completely finish telling a long-winded story rather than interrupt themselves to talk about a foul or to comment on the action.
Sarah Kustock does analysis during the game like she in the studio. The action becomes secondary to her nonstop rhetoric.

Reaction Score
Great game. Great Results.

Congratulations to the team and coaching staff. They were clearly the best team throughout the tournament by a wide margin and they are still not hitting on all cylinders. That 3rd quarter will be what it is like once Azzi gets her rhythm back.

I expect this team to get better and be in the final four. I don't care if they are a number 1 or a number 2 seed.

Hope AG is ok.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I know a little French, but was caught off guard by Adams speaking French to Lou, so I wasn’t sure what she said. But Lou’s response was clear, “Merci Beaucoup.”

When you think about what Lou means to this UConn team, all Husky fans should be saying, “Merci beaucoup Lou Lopez-Senechal!!!”

Kat

Reaction Score
A few people here have criticized the Huskies for not getting in line to congratulate their opponents after the game. That surprised me, so I took a look at the game replay that is posted here, and saw that the Nova players ran to the line immediately after the buzzer sounded. They were the ones who were avoiding having to congratulate the team that won. Whatever, no biggie but let's not take shots at the UConn team.

Reaction Score
Their movement on offense slowed, trying to take the air out of the ball to work the clock rather than work their offense.
I think Geno may have wanted to help Villanova and the BE get a top 16 seed. A 30 point loss they are 17 or 18. A 10 point loss maybe 15 or 16. And no point in embarrassing a team you will play next year and the next.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom