Vermont Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Vermont Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
Vermont better than I expected. Uconn let them have too many open 3s though perhaps that was a product of their being up a whole lot. Glad to see the bench get minutes and provide quality they will be needed going forward and past this year. Nothing Vermont could do with Aaliyah. Great win. 5 more to go.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have to say I was shocked to see how off Azzi's shots were. Not that they did not go in but they did not even look like they were close to going in. Very strange to see.
She looked like she did in the 1st half of the Nova game. I thought she had turned it around in the 2nd. Coming off an injury is tough.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That first Ayanna basket: I know it came when he put back an offensive rebound off her own miss.
BUT: I just loved the aggressive move she made to get that initial shot. Maybe 6' feet from the hoop...strong!] move!!
More of that A.
You'll see more of this next year. The game will slow down for Ayanna a bit, and she'll be a lot more comfortable with her teammates and the system. She'll put in work over the summer that will boost her confidence even more.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
There was a discussion in another thread about who is the fastest on the team. I believe that Ines would give some a run for their money. Twice in the last month she has chased down an opponent from behind and has gotten a steal and a block. She has really put in the effort this season and is improving every game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There was a discussion in another thread about who is the fastest on the team. I believe that Ines would give some a run for their money. Twice in the last month she has chased down an opponent from behind and has gotten a steal and a block. She has really put in the effort this season and is improving every game.
I still think it's Aubrey......... until the end of May when KK Arnold arrives on campus, at which time she'll assume that distinction. ;)

Reaction Score
I was impressed. I was worried about the layoff and the team coming out flat and despite Azzi's shot's not falling, which they will Monday, the team was in a solid rhythm. The defense was very impressive. The players had so much energy. They were swarming and trapping dang near everywhere, especially when Vermont had the ball in the corner.

Offensively, the team is perfectly balanced and that is what makes us so dangerous. Many teams have one or two options for points. We got multiple options! Like I said, Azzi's shot was not falling but I bet on Monday, her shot will be back and stronger than ever. But we have other options. Lou did not have to do much scoring today. Aaliyah took care of that load today. Followed by Caroline and Dorka. But having those options helps greatly because if a player is having an off game, we got other options. Just feed the beast and watch out. Great game and Iooking forward to Monday's game.

Reaction Score
Ducharme was perfect from the field and did a great supporting role so the team could keep pressing.
It also seemed to me she was moving quicker on defense. She gave some good positive signs that maybe she is getting back to last year's form. Azzi looked good physically too, but other than the obvious rust with the shot, I think she was tentative looking for her own shot, maybe not confident in her shot off the dribble or attaching the rim. She penetrated pretty easily but then was looking to pass instead of score herself. I think it's coming but she is not there yet.

Reaction Score
Great team win. Our bigs had a feast against the smaller opponents. Caroline had her best game in quite some time, great to see. Especially given the next paragraph of my post.

Hoping Lou is ok. Also noticed that Aubrey only played 6 minutes. Hope she isn’t suffering too much with back spasms.

1 game down!
During CD’s post game interview with Bob Joyce she stated that AG’s back tightened up.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This was the game I was looking for from UConn. Some highlights:

10 assists from Nika, but 11 from the starting front court. The same front court that had 43 points. I'm not sure there's another team that could get 10 assists from the point guard AND the front court.

Geez, what a job from the bench! 12-19 from the field; 29 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists, a block (from the shortest player on the team); 3 turnovers, and ONE foul (and it wasn't Patterson). Ducharme looked really good, not tentative at all, seems to have found her shot. Patterson looked like she belongs out there, and I just love Ines. She's still finding her way, but she's fast, strong, and has a huge heart.

Reaction Score
27 AST was nice and both Nika and Caroline had a couple of no look beauties.

We are so complete right now. Awesome!
Nice to see everyone healthy but we will be more complete when Azzie finds / regains her shooting touch. So glad to see her moving so well but 2 for 10 from the floor and 1 for 8 on 3s is not her game. She will be much needed vs tougher competition.
A shout out to Vermont: a gutsy Team that when it relaxed could really shoot the 3's. Good job! Vermont.
Agree and they had to sit a couple starters early with foul trouble. They did themselves proud.
Me thinks she is winded, she plays very hard on defense and doesn't have her game legs or lungs, yet!
A very good point as she is always on the go both on offense and defense and the shot starts with the legs.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Dont worry about Azzi It will come just be patient. She needs time and thats all. The good thing is shes shooting and looking for her shot and not afraid to take it
So here's my two cents. All 3 point shooters, including Azzi, when looking for their shot, should move in, shoot from closer, get comfortable, then go back to the 3 point line. Nothing gives you confidence like watching your shot go in. And we know Azzi has a great mid range shot. The more she misses from three, the more it gets in her head, the more she thinks about it, the worse it gets.

So, after that unsolicited advice, Azzi will probably go 7 for 7 next game. Hopefully

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom