Vermont Postgame Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Vermont Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
The Vermont players knew they weren’t in the same league but, to their credit, they competed to the best of their ability. That’s all you can ask for. Now the players know what they need to do to get to the next level and so does the coach.

"Yeah, I would say playing against UConn where all the players are super talented and they're very athletic and they're big and strong," [player Catherine] Gilwee said. "Obviously we don't have that athleticism to our advantage, so we got to be super locked in on all of our rules, all of our fundamentals on defense."

There might be something about UCONN being tied with UTENN for most #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament with 22.

Could be why UCONN was a #2 seed this year (as well as last year) while being the #2 overall (to South Carolina) in the NET with the best SOS this year.

In the next five games, the Huskies can show why they should have been a #1 seed, and I like their energy, skill, defense, endurance and chemistry. I pray that all those who are injured return to full strength quickly, and ALL plus the new comers for next year are able to play together all season.

Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
We have incredible talent coming in next year and it may be a challenge for Ines.
I know she will have a great experience being on a NC team
It will be a huge challenge for Ines next year to earn playing time. But she has had an unexpectedly productive season of growth, development, and contribution. I don't imagine there are many guards who have better foot speed. And she can score. She may have a higher ceiling than we think. Hope so, anyway. Teammates seem to love her. But it will be difficult to get ahead of Paige, Azzi and Nikka , not to mention KK and Shade.

Reaction Score
It will be a huge challenge for Ines next year to earn playing time. But she has had an unexpectedly productive season of growth, development, and contribution. I don't imagine there are many guards who have better foot speed. And she can score. She may have a higher ceiling than we think. Hope so, anyway. Teammates seem to love her. But it will be difficult to get ahead of Paige, Azzi and Nikka , not to mention KK and Shade.
as has been learned the hard way this season, you cant have too many players. Especially one like Ines who will have some experience, as compared to heralded but untested recruits who lets face it may not pan out.

Reaction Score
Reading the tea leaves about Inês: Geno made a joke in one of the postgame interviews about not watching her block. He wouldn’t have done that if her position were genuinely precarious. I suspect she’s doing well in practice and will compete just fine for minutes next season. She’s fierce.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm not arguing with anything anybody said. I'm just sayin', we've been grinding 16 seeds to dust for 30 years. We don't usually deign to talk about how bad they were afterwards. We knew they were bad before we played them, they were supposed to be bad. As 15 seeds go, they were markedly unremarkable.
Agreed. However, you must realize that we get new posters here every day. Some of them may not have been here back in the days you're referring to. If posters have a thought, no matter how redundant it may be, they're going to post it. Just roll with it. We can't control what's posted here. The mods do that.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I hate it, to be honest.
It starts at 6:00 pm here which is not bad for us on the west coast, but I’d prefer it to start about 1 or 2 pm ET. You folks on the east coast have to litteraly wait all day for the game to start.

Like Monday night football. For the first 35 or so years, kick-off was at 6:00 pm pacific time which to me was perfect.

I’ll bet the players on both teams aren’t too happy with a start time that late either. :(

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It starts at 6:00 pm here which is not bad for us on the west coast, but I’d prefer it to start about 1 or 2 pm ET. You folks on the east coast have to litteraly wait all day for the game to start.

Like Monday night football. For the first 35 or so years, kick-off was at 6:00 pm pacific time which to me was perfect.

I’ll bet the players on both teams aren’t too happy with a start time that late either. :(
Any disadvantage the higher ups can give UConn to work thru they will. The Stanford debacle yesterday showed that they weren't a #1 seed, but they gave it to them anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom