Vermont Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Vermont Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some Thoughts on the Vermont game:
  • For Vermont, a team making their first appearance in the Big Dance in 13 years, it’s probably a thrill to play the greatest program in the history of WBB on the big stage at the BASKETBALL CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. For UConn, a team that’s made 14 straight FF’s and won 11 national championships, it’s simply GO TIME!!!
  • I had a feeling UConn would open up pressing Vermont, something we haven’t seen since early this season. Make no mistake, Geno wants to push tempo, cause opponents to rush, turn the ball over and score in transition. We will absolutely see more of UConn’s press as the tournament continues.
  • Aubrey is back and hopefully healthy, although she sat for the 2nd half...precautionary? She was moving well while absorbing a couple hard shots with no apparent problem when she played.
  • A lot of Huskies played well today, but Aaliyah & Dorka were everywhere, scoring, rebounding, dropping dimes, blocking shots and making steals.
  • The Huskies outrebounded the Catamounts by +24, dropped 27 dimes, shot 62%, while holding the Catamounts to only 33% shooting. Today, everybody played and EVERYBODY ATE!!!
  • So please explain to me why Aaliyah is only a 3rd team AA??? :confused:
  • Other than worrying about Lou’s balky knee and Aubrey's back, I suppose the one thing we all really need to see is for Azzi to start the game hot and stay hot the whole game. As the tournament goes on, the Huskies are going to need the Azzi Fudd who dropped back-to-back 32-point games against TX & NC St.
  • Survive and advance. Bring on the Bears or the Crimson Tide….:cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 2.50.45 PM.png

Reaction Score
This was a fun game to watch. The most “complete” Huskies game I feel I’ve seen in a while. Everyone played well, everyone got minutes, everyone looked like they were having fun. Yes, I get that they were playing Vermont, but still, this is exactly how you want to start the tournament.

Hats off to Vermont, they can really shoot it from the perimeter. They were simply just outmatched in this game. But they should not be hanging their heads at all, they played their best and kept fighting until the final buzzer. I wish them nothing but success in their next season.

Now, I’m looking forward to Monday. And hopefully the men’s team can get it done tomorrow. :)

Reaction Score
I know that Vermont is not an elite team, but this is the Uconn I have been watching for the last 10 years. Aaliyah was fantastic and our bench, which I'm glad we have a bench, finally contributed like a bench should. We are dangerous and we are committed to win No.12. Uconn has now become healthy and LOOK OUT. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
As Yogi Berra famously stated, "It's deja vu all over again." Today reminded of the first-round games of the Stewie era. Apparently, being able to conduct full practices is paying off in dramatic fashion.

The first half was crisp, efficient and UConn donned their Superman capes. More importantly, in the 4th quarter, the reserves played unlike reserves.

Right now, this is the second best team in the country. Have to give SC props for now. Imagine going 2 for 10 and it didn't even matter. Imagine upcoming opponents having to face UConn and dreading if this is the game that Azzi goes off. Caroline looked her best.

Yes, it was Vermont, but I want to see UConn play Ohio State in the Sweet 16. OSU is known for their press, but I want to see how they fare against the UConn press.

Reaction Score
Both teams were successful on 1/3 of their three point shots. But Vermont took 16 more of them than UCONN.

Reaction Score
We've got some really special guards coming in next year, but they are going to have to keep up with Ines to earn playing time. I hope to see more of her this post-season...mostly because we'll be ahead, but I do think that she'll shine in the future. Also just check the stats to see what Caroline did today in the amount of time she played. Keep your head up Caroline!

Reaction Score
I liked it. UConn did what UConn does with a Team that had10 days to regroup, relax and do whatever these young ladies do. The results showed and it looked like to me that it did not take much effort. Lou and Azzi saved themselves for a breakout 3's performance in the next game.

A shout out to Vermont: a gutsy Team that when it relaxed could really shoot the 3's. Good job! Vermont.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom