Vanderbilt | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Vanderbilt

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Right now, I have us with a 13-player roster for '24, and we have offers out to three guards right now. Among those 13 are one grad who currently has two years eligibility and one senior who has a covid year coming. It's going to get interesting. On the bright side, Vandy currently sits on finalist lists of the 16th ranked and 39th ranked players on Hoopgurlz. They're very similar...5'11 guards.

I appreciate these updates. It makes it easy to keep track of coach Ralph's program.

If I recall correctly injuries really setbacks a team last year. You must feel pretty good about seeing what the program can't do with a full roster.

Reaction Score
I appreciate these updates. It makes it easy to keep track of coach Ralph's program.

If I recall correctly injuries really setbacks a team last year. You must feel pretty good about seeing what the program can't do with a full roster.

Very much so. I think they lost 3-4 starters for the year due to injury

Reaction Score
Whenever she gets around to announcing a finalist list, I fully expect Vandy to be on it. Then, it'll be nail-biting time.

Reaction Score
After three previous ACL surgeries and a year-long rehab following achilles surgery, she's back. No wonder coach Ralph calls her one of her favorite players to ever coach. She's got a lot of Shea in her. Jordyn Cambridge is an exceptional young lady.

Reaction Score
Was unable to access the Vanderbilt forum.

It seems they have moved.
Vanderbilt forum women's basketball
They had some major technical problems, and the site was down completely for a few days. They're trying to get it back up, but it's not working properly. It's starting to look like all the board history could be lost even when they do get things running again. Right now, the only forum working is football. They prioritized that because there is a game this weekend.

Not a lot of people post on the board, but I would hate to lose all the recruiting information I and a couple others gathered over the last two years. Not the end of the world, though.

Reaction Score
Coach Ralph was on hand for 10th-ranked Mikayla Blakes' and Rutgers Prep's open gym yesterday. Vandy is on her final-7 list. Only three of the teams on the list, Vandy, Rutgers and Stanford, were there. Four others, UT, Indiana, UCLA and Wisconsin, were not there. I'm hoping that's a sign. I usually know better than to get my hopes up, but I'm weak. This would be a huge get for coach Ralph if she can pull it off.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I like Vandy, but I'm want her to stay home.

Hopefully her bestie Antonia Bates can convince her to join her at Rutgers. :p

Reaction Score

I hear you, but since you've got LSU in your back pocket, it's hard for me to sympathize. :p

Reaction Score

She's at Indiana this weekend. They've worried me from the start.

Reaction Score
Class of '25 guard Ava Jaye Black comments on why she committed to Vandy. I think she is the perfect example of the kind of player coach Ralph has to attract in numbers to be a success at Vandy. She is not as highly touted as some by the scouting services, but she is an excellent all-around basketball player. I've always felt if you compile a list of the top-100 players, there are easily a hundred other players who could make the list. I'm not talking about the very elite players, but once you get deeper into the list, there is very little to separate those players from many others who aren't as well known.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. I also truly believe it.

Swipe to the second photo to see Black's comment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good story by Graham Hays about this summer's international travel by Vanderbilt's basketball, soccer, swimming and lacrosse teams. The NCAA allows programs to make international trips once every four years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A few clips from the first day of practice. Yes, I'm excited.

As you should be excited. Appreciate the updates on the Vandy program and all that one of our favorite people, Coach Shea Ralph, is doing. I am hoping that she is able to get Vandy back into the middle of the SEC. Good luck this season.

Reaction Score
Vandy got an unofficial visit today (maybe Monday?) from 6'3 class of '25 wing Kaelyn Carroll, who is ranked #45 on ESPN Hoopgurlz. She plays at Tabor Academy in Massachusetts and for Bay State Jaguars in the summer months. Those are the same programs as recent '25 Vandy commit Ava Jaye Black.

Carroll was at Tennessee over the weekend, also an unofficial visit. She has offers from several heavy hitters, including North Carolina, Ohio State, Michigan, Oregon and Virginia Tech. As far as I can tell, she does not as yet have an offer from coach Ralph, but she did get one from former coach Stephanie White.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ESPN #10 guard Mikayla Blakes visited Vandy over the weekend, after prior visits to Rutgers and Indiana. There are still four teams left on her finalist list, and I suspect she will visit most if not all of them (Tennessee, Wisconsin, UCLA and Stanford).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kevin Demille posted an instagram reel of Katie Lou Samuelson working out in the Vandy practice gym yesterday. Looks like she's on the job as director of player development and assistant coach. It was captioned "Guess Who's Back." Katie Lou has been in LA for the birth of her daughter. Now, baby Aliya is all grown up at two months, so they've headed back to Nashville.

Also, saw that Devin Cannady, Katie Lou's husband, could be playing in the G League for Birmingham this season, which would make it much easier for him to see his family than if he continued to play in LA like he did last season. He did make it to the NBA with a 10-day contract with the Orlando Magic last season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom